Europa League Final 2013 - Benfica 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

We won the Champions League with Kalou, Bosingwa and Bertrand in the starting line-up, against Bayern in their own backyard. I am pretty sure we're capable of beating Benfica without Hazard. We can do this.

We won the Champions League with Kalou, Bosingwa and Bertrand in the starting line-up, against Bayern in their own backyard. I am pretty sure we're capable of beating Benfica without Hazard. We can do this.

But we had Drogba...

I prefer Ramires on the wing rather than Moses in this match. Ramires' counter-attack ability is lethal.

Cech

Azpi, Cahill, Ivanovic, Cole

Lampard, Luiz

Ramires, Mata, Oscar

Torres

True, still our job probably will it be to take the game to Benfica. When we achieve to dominate them we can benefit from their blown confidence. We also countered Basel and Kazan, but we scored only one goal on the counter, due to our wastefulness.

This might be encouraging -

Three English teams – Chelsea FC, Newcastle United FC and Tottenham – have reached the last eight. In each of the previous two seasons in which a country has taken three clubs to the quarter-finals, one of that number has gone on to lift the trophy – FC Porto (Portugal) in 2010/11 and Club Atlético de Madrid (Spain) in 2011/12 – beating opponents from their own country in the final.

This might be encouraging -

Three English teams – Chelsea FC, Newcastle United FC and Tottenham – have reached the last eight. In each of the previous two seasons in which a country has taken three clubs to the quarter-finals, one of that number has gone on to lift the trophy – FC Porto (Portugal) in 2010/11 and Club Atlético de Madrid (Spain) in 2011/12 – beating opponents from their own country in the final.

*ahem*

Dale Johnson @dalejohnsonESPN

Benfica have lost their last six European finals. They last won a European trophy 51 years ago ... in Amsterdam.

and if things are not running we can bring German Messi or the deadly Benayoun from the bench...

Wonder whether it is possible to win such a game with a player like Torres as lone striker...

Benfica have far better balance in their team, but it consists of solid and average players, no real worldclass men...It is crucial Benitez gets his tactics spot on, then we got a chance... i feel, something is different than it has been in previous cup finals this season.

Can this game fuckin start now before I start to absorb transcendental vibrations to forecast this match?!

and if things are not running we can bring German Messi or the deadly Benayoun from the bench...

Wonder whether it is possible to win such a game with a player like Torres as lone striker...

Benfica have far better balance in their team, but it consists of solid and average players, no real worldclass men...It is crucial Benitez gets his tactics spot on, then we got a chance... i feel, something is different than it has been in previous cup finals this season.

Can this game fuckin start now before I start to absorb transcendental vibrations to forecast this match?!

Well, Torres did alright against Benfica in Portugal last season. Made a good strong run to setup Kalou's winning goal.

Not entirely sure if this has been posted, but apparently Frank has said that the team did not practice pens before the final: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/europa-league-final-chelsea-havent-1889255

No idea what to make of that.