Europa League Final 2013 - Benfica 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

@Hutcho, agree.

But also it can set us up to win the Champions Cup which i was really really mad that we lost (especially the way we did) :rant: Damn you Falcao!

And also-- Spuds, Man City, Man Utd all were in this competition and all crashed out. Dont think they have ever won it right? We truly are a Cup team (that also challenges for league titles) and I absolutely love that about us! We can be assured one cup Finale each and every season and although this year we missed out on FA Cup and League Cup by narrow, unfortunate events, i think the EL will be ours. Bar anything about how we beat Benfica last year or that, i just cant see CFC failing in another Cup finale, not again. I feel very good about this game!

Lets Fuckin Do This Lads! :blue scalf:

Pablo Aimar has probably provided the motivational speech for Benitez on Wednesday...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/europa-league-final-benfica-star-1882456?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

“Of course, Chelsea are a big club, but this is not the same team that won the Champions League a year ago,” said the 33-year-old. “This team got knocked out at the group stages. They have not been ­convincing in ­Europe or in the Premier League.

“Since they have inherited a wealthy owner, this is probably the weakest Chelsea team there has been.

“And it is a team that is not behind the coach. We can take advantage of the fact they are not at their best and not playing as a team.

“Chelsea lost two great players in ­Didier Drogba and Michael Essien.

“Then players who have been so ­important like John Terry and Frank Lampard are not even getting games.!

“It is amazing how much a team can change in 12 months, but that is ­football,” Aimar added.

Definitely gonna miss Hazard a lot. I'd like to see Ramires in the attacking 3 instead of Moses and Luiz in the DM along with Frank. Benfica has only won 2 of their last 5 games now, so we can and have to beat them! Their quotes are the best prompting.

reminds me of last season Bayern got battered against Dortmund in the German cup before losing to us in the CL final! Benfica just lost the league title before having to play us in the Europa League final...

“Of course, Chelsea are a big club, but this is not the same team that won the Champions League a year ago,” said the 33-year-old. “This team got knocked out at the group stages. They have not been ­convincing in ­Europe or in the Premier League.

“Since they have inherited a wealthy owner, this is probably the weakest Chelsea team there has been.

“And it is a team that is not behind the coach. We can take advantage of the fact they are not at their best and not playing as a team.

“Chelsea lost two great players in ­Didier Drogba and Michael Essien.

“Then players who have been so ­important like John Terry and Frank Lampard are not even getting games.!

“It is amazing how much a team can change in 12 months, but that is ­football,” Aimar added.

Seems that little shit Aimar is trying to turn up the heat. Well I'm sure glad his team got beat tonight hahaha. If this Chelsea team is the worst one in the Roman era since we never qualifed for the CL even though we won it last year then surely since Benfica were quarter finalists last year and went out in the group stages of this years CL they are worse than last year?? Stupid fucker Aimar is.