Europa League Final 2013 - Benfica 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

I actually do not give a shit about Fat Jesus.

rafa might not be the best coach but he surely is better than this guy and I hope he tactically outfoxes him as he did with Ferguson, Wenger and AVB.

Now to the lineup: IMO Moses on the wing is less useful than Lamps in the front 3. With his 2 goals he has really merited himself a place in the starting lineup in the final.

Provided Hazard is out i'd go:

----------Cech---------

Azpi---Luiz---Iva--Cole

------Rami---Mikel

Oscar--Lamps---Mata

----------Torrid---------

Torress (Torrid+Useless) was actually quite okay when we played Benfica last year. we defeated them with a B team in Lissabon. Kalou also performed great then, I remember. Dawg, what I'd give to ahve Kalou back now.

Hopefully Hazard at least makes the bench, we only need one great piece of action from him, cos I do not think there will be too many goals in it.

Seems that little shit Aimar is trying to turn up the heat. Well I'm sure glad his team got beat tonight hahaha. If this Chelsea team is the worst one in the Roman era since we never qualifed for the CL even though we won it last year then surely since Benfica were quarter finalists last year and went out in the group stages of this years CL they are worse than last year?? Stupid fucker Aimar is.

You are right, epistemological this was an own goal by Aimar.

btw, Aimar is pronounced exactly the same way as Eimer which is German for this

eimer.jpg

After bottling up 7 trophies already this season, we could do with winning this one, like really. Losing one more here could affect some of the players psychologically and mentally.

The defeat must go down as the cruelest and most hurtful in their history. Don't know if it will help us though because it should have the opposite effect. They'll be so up for weds now so i'd be very wary. Also i think Cahill should play because Cordozo isn't the quickest. He's very good and dangerous around the box and even from long range, he has exceptional shot power but he's not someone who's gonna burst past players or through a defence like Messi or Aguero etc (or Benteke....).

This is gonna be a very hard game, especially with Eden missing. I can see another peno shootout :zip:

The defeat must go down as the cruelest and most hurtful in their history. Don't know if it will help us though because it should have the opposite effect. They'll be so up for weds now so i'd be very wary. Also i think Cahill should play because Cordozo isn't the quickest. He's very good and dangerous around the box and even from long range, he has exceptional shot power but he's not someone who's gonna burst past players or through a defence like Messi or Aguero etc (or Benteke....).

This is gonna be a very hard game, especially with Eden missing. I can see another peno shootout :zip:

No More Pena XD

EL trophy is an additional bonus. It would be nice to see the team winning it. On Wednesday, the last important game of the season & then let the players rest for weeks, get ready for the next season.

Benteke isn't exactly the quickest either. Benteke's quite fast for his size but Cahill matches him for pace IMO. Benteke is quite similar to Cardozo in a way - Cahill loves backing off strikers, which is exactly what he did against Benteke and we got punished. I'm not worried about players bursting past Cahill, he's actually okay at dealing with that as Cahill has decent pace - it's him backing off from Cardozo which'll give Cardozo space for a shot which worries me the most.

EL trophy is an additional bonus. It would be nice to see the team winning it. On Wednesday, the last important game of the season & then let the players rest for weeks, get ready for the next season.

Only a 'bonus' for teams like Arsenal, who prioritize top 4 over trophies. We've sealed that CL spot, no excuse to not try and add to our silverware.

Top 4 is NOT a trophy.

Only a 'bonus' for teams like Arsenal, who prioritize top 4 over trophies. We've sealed that CL spot, no excuse to not try and add to our silverware.

Top 4 is NOT a trophy.

Where did I say top four was a bonus ? TOP FOUR IS EXPECTED EVERY YEAR & better.

“Of course, Chelsea are a big club, but this is not the same team that won the Champions League a year ago,” said the 33-year-old. “This team got knocked out at the group stages. They have not been ­convincing in ­Europe or in the Premier League.

“Since they have inherited a wealthy owner, this is probably the weakest Chelsea team there has been.

“And it is a team that is not behind the coach. We can take advantage of the fact they are not at their best and not playing as a team.

“Chelsea lost two great players in ­Didier Drogba and Michael Essien.

“Then players who have been so ­important like John Terry and Frank Lampard are not even getting games.!

“It is amazing how much a team can change in 12 months, but that is ­football,” Aimar added.

Seems that little shit Aimar is trying to turn up the heat. Well I'm sure glad his team got beat tonight hahaha. If this Chelsea team is the worst one in the Roman era since we never qualifed for the CL even though we won it last year then surely since Benfica were quarter finalists last year and went out in the group stages of this years CL they are worse than last year?? Stupid fucker Aimar is.

Coming from a team who was also in the CL last year and failed to qualify ahead of Celtic this year...they're one to talk!

What an idiot!

Not that I value this trophy much but the fact that we have lost 3 finals and a semi this season, and mentally we have to win this one, otherwise it's going to be really annoying!

Why are people here to proud to be excited for this final? it is a european final and it adds a european title for the club. Also it might be our last chance to win this competition (i'm hoping).