Europa League Final 2013 - Benfica 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

I'm very sorry for Hazard; Terry and Mikel missing out on the affair all together. Must be pretty tough specially for Terry who missed out playing in the CL Final and now will miss Amsterdam.

By all accounts this will be the first really tough team and European Giant we will face in the competition - no offense to Basel; Rubin; Prague but Benfica have a European Pedigree about them even though they haven't won a trophy in Europe for a while.

Hopefully Benfica are effected by their crumbling in the League against Porto this weekend in the title decider but I would not bank on it.

Should be interesting to see Matic back - playing against us, one of the few players we have sold who I has done wonders since moving away and getting a chance in Portugal. But hopefully Luiz the player we got when we gave Matic for them makes the difference.

Sadly we are going to have Poorres up top but we can blame the board for that decision, this time unlike the CWC hopefully he doesn't miss any sitters.

I had a dream that we lost on pens and now I'm very nervous about this game :(

go back to sleep and don't wake up until you fix that dream up :readthemessage:

I'm very sorry for Hazard; Terry and Mikel missing out on the affair all together. Must be pretty tough specially for Terry who missed out playing in the CL Final and now will miss Amsterdam.

By all accounts this will be the first really tough team and European Giant we will face in the competition - no offense to Basel; Rubin; Prague but Benfica have a European Pedigree about them even though they haven't won a trophy in Europe for a while.

Hopefully Benfica are effected by their crumbling in the League against Porto this weekend in the title decider but I would not bank on it.

Should be interesting to see Matic back - playing against us, one of the few players we have sold who I has done wonders since moving away and getting a chance in Portugal. But hopefully Luiz the player we got when we gave Matic for them makes the difference.

Sadly we are going to have Poorres up top but we can blame the board for that decision, this time unlike the CWC hopefully he doesn't miss any sitters.

Hazad and JT traveled to Amsterdam.

Perhaps, he should take some sleeping pills & strong ones too.

A roll of some holly herb would even be better........ cool dreams guaranteed.... and u don't even have to close u'r eyez :D

When is the press conference ?

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=1949092.html

"The two clubs have also announced their pre-match media activity at the Amsterdam ArenA on Tuesday 14 May. Benfica will hold their press conference at 17.15 CET, followed by a fully open training session (18.00–19.00). Chelsea's press conference is at 19.00, followed by a fully open training session (19.30–20.30).

Media activities taking place at the Amsterdam ArenA are accessible only to media accredited to the UEFA Europa League final.

All times are local time. UK and Portuguese time is CET-1."

Why does it take them so long to announce the scans? I mean it comes up on the screen pretty much instantly and the Drs look at the pictures there and then. 20 mins tops.

Pretty excited for the final now! And Cahill did well in his last European final!

Please no extra time in this final please :cry: I have got my paper the very next day!

its chelsea FC, have we ever done anything the easy way... i am pretty sure u wont just have to see extra time but pens too... i suggest u study now...

Mate, you sure you understood my post? You say you disagree with me but go on making arguments that fit exactly what I was saying! :carlo:

Anyways, agree with everything! :D

Understood, I was disagreeing with you saying Benfica fans felt the EL game was more important. For us, winning the league was more important. Obviously once we lost to Porto, the EL became most important but it's all good. :smiliecap1:

No chance. Paços have secured their historic 3rd place and will certainly let porto beat them easily. They are located closely geographically and the majority of Paços's supporters are also porto's...

We have lost every hope in winning this league and are really devastated... It seemed impossible 2 weeks ago and now it weights too much...

I think that our fans have lost interest in this game after what happened. Everybody is in a depression-like state when it comes to football these days.

I just hope it's a fun game and our boys honor their shirt. See you on weds :)

Pacos have played Porto hard the last few games so they haven't been laying down recently, but I would have a little more confidence if they hadn't locked up 3rd place already. That said, I think most us us don't hold hope for the league. Oh wells, that's for another forum.

I disagree with you saying our fans have lost interest in this game. We all wanted to win the league but the game tomorrow took on a whole lot more importance after Saturday. If anything I think our fans have become more interested in the Chelsea game, it only makes sense. If Benfica wins the Europa League and the Portugal Cup it will still be a successful season. If we lose to Chelsea then that fantastic season we were having goes down the toilet.

Honestly I've been fooling my self that this game was no big deal to me, to get to the game with low expectations .. I've been saying that it doesnt really matter if we lose I mean its "only Europa League".

But further thought got me thinking of us lifting the trophy, celebrating.. we really need it, the fans and mostly the players. They deserve to win something and feel that joy and happinnes, a season without a trophy will be pretty harsh on the new guys I feel.

374991_646677802015406_1957746510_n.jpg