3. FA Cup (semi final)

4. Capital One Cup (semi final)

5. Community Shield (final)

6. UEFA Super Cup (final)

7. FIFA Club World Cup (final)

8. NextGen Series (final)

9. FA Youth Cup (final)

well played karma

So that's what it's like to be an Arsenal fan...except with less trophies on the list to scratch off...and even less finals.

Lee Parker said on Chelsea TV's Weekend Review that they are still waiting on the scan results on both Terry and Hazard's injury and an update is only likely to be provided by Benitez tomorrow after the team get to Amsterdam.

1. Premier League (third)

2. Champions League (group stages)

3. FA Cup (semi final)

9. FA Youth Cup (final)

well played karma

Hmm... Let me guess what's going to happen on Wednesday.

20080314_sherlock_holmes.jpg

Lee Parker said on Chelsea TV's Weekend Review that they are still waiting on the scan results on both Terry and Hazard's injury and an update is only likely to be provided by Benitez tomorrow after the team get to Amsterdam.

They traveled to Amsterdam or not ? I mean JT and Hazard.

1. Premier League (third)

2. Champions League (group stages)

3. FA Cup (semi final)

9. FA Youth Cup (final)

well played karma

Seems like we are destined not to win anything this season. Better prepare for the disappointment...

Chelsea injuries mean Frank Lampard is to start Europa League Final

Key team news info...

Benitez is set to confirm that neither Eden Hazard nor Terry will be fit to take on the Portuguese giants after picking up injuries in Saturday's win at Aston Villa.

With John Obi Mikel still not fit enough to start after missing the last six games, Lampard is now poised to lead the Blues into battle from the heart of the midfield.

Benitez is concerned over the form of Gary Cahill and is understood to be planning to drop David Luiz back into the centre of the defence alongside Branislav Ivanovic.

That will leave a huge hole in the centre of the pitch, and while playing Ramires on the right of the trio behind striker Fernando Torres has been considered, the Brazilian - sent off at Villa - has been pencilled in to his more normal role.

Unless there is another change of heart over the next 24 hours, Ramires will be partnered in the midfield battleground by England veteran and Stamford Bridge legend Lampard.

...Hazard's hamstring injury, coming in a match that also saw Terry stretchered off with an ankle problem unlikely to heal by Wednesday, has limited Benitez's options.

Mikel had hoped to make an appearance at Villa Park but his failure to feature effectively rules him out of the starting line-up against Benfica.

Victor Moses is the likely beneficiary of Hazard's absence.

Benitez will make his final decisions after Tuesday night's training session, but Lampard seems set to be confirmed as skipper - as he was for last season's Champions League Final in Munich, when Terry was suspended.

Edited by BluesMaster

This sucks.

Benfica are actually not the kind of opposition against which I feel too comfortable having a pivot of Lamps+Ramires. they play this free-flowing attack and both Lampard and Ramires like to go forward, whilst Lampard is likely to get overrun at times. Provided Mikel is out, I'd go with

----------Cech----

Azpi-Cahill-Iva-Cole

-----Luiz----Rami----

Oscar-Lamps-Mata

---------Torres-------

Maybe, it's half the team played out of position but it is far more solid than a pivot of Lamps+Rami.

Guys, say welcome back to the bus :D

Ouch - sounds like a real shit line-up...

Oscar and Ramires would be better in the pivot - I love Lamps but him and Ramy fuck up together too much!

Fucking Cahill - he needs to up his shit and leave Luis and Ramires in midfield!!!

Soo many finals lost this year...

I think the main reasons are

1.) Half of team are players way past their prime and half of them are still raw talents. We dont actualy have one player who is in absolute prime age. Mata is close, but i think in age 27-29 he will master his passing and have more stamina (but less pace).

2.) No style, no tactics. What kind of play do we have? Possesion? Counters? JustWinItForRafa?

3.) Mentality, determination, finishing, experience, team-play,...we lack that.

It will be hard game, Benfica will play their socks off and we wont be as motivated as them.

Soo many finals lost this year...

I think the main reasons are

1.) Half of team are players way past their prime and half of them are still raw talents. We dont actualy have one player who is in absolute prime age. Mata is close, but i think in age 27-29 he will master his passing and have more stamina (but less pace).

2.) No style, no tactics. What kind of play do we have? Possesion? Counters? JustWinItForRafa?

3.) Mentality, determination, finishing, experience, team-play,...we lack that.

It will be hard game, Benfica will play their socks off and we wont be as motivated as them.

1.Mata, Ramires, Luiz, Cahill, Mikel are in the perfect age for a footballer, which is 25-28 imo. Ivanovic, Cech are still pretty close to it. I do not think this is a problem, actually many clubs have this age structure e.g. Barca when they won the CL and Dortmund now.

2. We certainly do have a style. It is not that brillant but we play medium-paced posession style domestically and counter-attacking style in Europe, we just lack the pace to do it effectively. I think we often do decent pressing and I like the the short-pass, long-pass balance.

3. yup. but Benfica lack most of it, too.