xPetrCechx

Having an offensive midfield trio from Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Isco and Moses (can't see Marin making it here) sounds good to me. There needs to be competition for places, and alternatives for each game. All five are amongst the most talented young players in the game for their own positions and all have different characteristics. It will create an awful lot of competition amongst them keeping everyone at the top of their game and fresh, and preventing the team from becoming overly reliant on one or two players.

It's no different to United trying to stockpile wingers over the years when they can only play 2 at a time.

You got a point, but Isco has a very Oscaresque profil, maybe better finishing, we need more true wingers a la Valencia and for me the priority is to buy a Central Midfielder to play alongside Mike/Ramires , Benat would be a superbe buy and could play upfront too.But! for 20 Millions for Isco sounds for me a very good deal.

Would be an excellent signing to rotate regularly with Mata and Hazard. You see how much better Mata performs when he's refreshed. He'd be playing under a Spanish couch, we have a nice Spanish contingent with plenty of young players he can grow with, and it would be yet another reason for Pep to want to come here.

Plus he's one of those who if the time ever came to sell, he'd turn an enormous profit.

Anything under £20m is a steal for a talent like Isco.

Don't understand the people who think we don't need him. Whenever we rest either Hazard or Mata our team is simply not good enough in attack.

We want to be a TOP club don't we? Well a TOP club has many TOP players fighting for EACH position. Who's threatening Hazard and Mata? Oscar and Piazon? lol no.

Oscar has potential and is a good player. Piazon isn't even an AM, neither is Moses, Marin etc.

We're one of the richest clubs in the world and the current European Champions. Why settle for anything other than the very best?

So you think we should have great chemistry among players with Hazard and Mata starters and Isco, Oscar on bench? They are way too good to be on bench and that will ruin whole team understanding. We dont need Mata type players on bench. Does Barca have Xavis and Iniestas on bench? They have Thiago, Song,...And you say Oscar cant replace Mata? Sure he cant, cuz Mata is our motor and heart playmaker. You dont have two such players in team. We aint barca btw either...First things first, we need CM (who could easily play in more attacking role if Mata needed rest). Then there are Kdb, Moses, Oscar, Marin all fighting for one place along Mata, Hazard. But you would still buy buy buy right? You Would never play Kdb etc then would you? We have players and board will give them chance, thank god the Isco rumours are unreliable.

Also we are in TRANSITION. Patience and we will have hell of a good squad soon. But at the moment we are not Top club. If we were, we would be in CL and we would be world club champions. We are building on new team and if you dont trust me that toi many players is not working, then check City and united. City full with longest world class bench out of CL, while United with one of shittest midfields and defences they still do their work on top level (they win matches). Its not bout Quantity but Quality! Mind that will ya?

'Sunday People Sport'? Really?

I'm not sure why people are even debating this with a 'source' like that. It doesn't even make the slightest bit of sense when there are more vital areas in need of improvement, particularly DM(s). People who honestly believe we need another AM right now need to get their priorities straight.

Signing Isco would mean that we are serious about Oscar moving into a deeper position and that Marin may be off on loan. Would imagine that if Lamps does go and Isco comes, next season we could be looking at something like

CMs: Mikel, Ramires, Oscar, Romeu, New CM

AMs: Mata, Hazard, Isco, Moses, De Bruyne

Wait and see how this one develops

Signing Isco would mean that we are serious about Oscar moving into a deeper position and that Marin may be off on loan. Would imagine that if Lamps does go and Isco comes, next season we could be looking at something like

CMs: Mikel, Ramires, Oscar, Romeu, New CM

AMs: Mata, Hazard, Isco, Moses, De Bruyne

Wait and see how this one develops

I agree. Can't see the point in re-signing Lampard if we're getting Isco which makes me doubt the whole story.

First of all this player is fantastic player. However he is NOT what we need. He is CAM. And we have Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Kdb and Marin who all play there. And 4 of them could easily be starters and should be. We dont need Isco to be backup, competition or whatever. Oscar is already there, as well Marin and Kdb on the way. Too many players is not always best thing. The second thing is that we need CM to play in pivot. Even a CM puts some doubts that Oscar will ever be our starter if some good CM actualy comes. With Moses, Mata and Hazard I dont see starting spot for Oscar. That means, Isco is totaly unneccesary, he is great talent but we will never have them all and we shouldnt. Go after Benat, Camacho, Essien, Kdb, Capoue, Bender , Gundogan, Sissoko or Hernanes instead...

Since when is Marin a CAM? ANd we dont play oscar mata and hazard at the same position.

We look like utter crap when Mata/Hazard arent on. We can rely on a single player. Im not saying we dont need a DM but we also need a crowded midfield. We need more players like Mata etc so we can rotate.

Since when is Marin a CAM? ANd we dont play oscar mata and hazard at the same position.

We look like utter crap when Mata/Hazard arent on. We can rely on a single player. Im not saying we dont need a DM but we also need a crowded midfield. We need more players like Mata etc so we can rotate.

agree, but i guess my main gripe is that our main need right now is a CM like benat for example. i dont think Isco would be a huge luxury, really curious with the clubs plan regarding oscar and kdb. KDB look like he will play in the pivot for us, maybe oscar will be moved deeper. We have mceachran as well

I went to England with my friend about 15 years ago. I had been before but he never had. He kept talking about his expectations of English sophistication. We got to our hostel and there was a Sunday Sport lying around. The headline "(some D-list cleb:) loves oral: she likes it up the bum too". The second page was a picture of some guy's severed head. That settled him down some. My guess is that Sunday Sport probably does not have any inside scoops on anything so I'd take this transfer rumour with rather large grain of salt.

Jose Mourinho always said you need two top class players for each position. Personally I never wanted Oscar but I admire Isco and would love to have him. Isco is versatile enough to play anywhere and I see this potential signing as "hey Pep, I just built you mini Barcelona here in London" so I'm not surprised by this. Plus I don't think Moses has a great final pass, it's hot and cold so he should come off the bench and Chelsea should favor Iscao, Mata and Hazard as the regular 3 and work Oscar into the pivot. They still need a strong tackler in defensive midfield and to me Rafa has frozen out Mikel so I'm assuming they will go after Fellaini or M'Villa, etc to fill that void and then call it done for January. If this happens I expect KDB or DeBruyne to throw a fit and ask to be sold. I don't care if Isco is small, and this is a physical league because I know Roman doesn't care either he wants the ballyhooed "beautiful foootball" to triumph one day over parking the bus for a CL trophy which I'll never understand to this day but it ain't my money bro

Like most of you are saying, I agree that it's likely made up bullshit, but I think he'd be much more valuable than some think.

Not to mention it would piss the hell out of Arsenal, United, City, and Liverpool who are all after him. :)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You