xPetrCechx

Isco...WTH?!

He may be a really talented kid but as many have pointed out, he's not what we need when we already have a number of No.10s/CAMs. Why on earth are even trying to stack up the number of midfielders we have when our priority should be getting a DM/CM and another striker!!

Whats wrong with you people? We look like utter crap when Mata isnt on. Of course we need another creative player.

And DM? I dont know about that. Maybe in the summer. For now we got lampard, mikel, ramires and luiz to play there. Its enough til the summer.

Another striker? Sure, id take that. But that doesnt mean we also DONT need another midfielder. We simply need another Mata. FACT.

Rather than people having a fit over signing Isco because we already have Mata, Oscar and Hazard, how about we embrace the fact that the club is looking to buy one of the most coveted young players in the world game who this season has excelled in both the Champions Leaguea and Primera Liga. For £15m this lad is a steal and could become a £30-40m+ player easily in a few years. People have moaned over the years about missing a trick and signing a player 1-2 years too late when his valuation has then fluctuated two or three fold.

We need more options than just Mata, Oscar and Hazard. And it is also feasible that the club have an idea of what they want in their central midfield next season - perhaps De Bruyne and therefore will just 'make do' this season.

Regardless this kid is a serious talent and we cannot pass up on the chance to buy him if he is available for such a price.

Isco is pure class and we could do with him as a squad rotation option, but we don't necessarily need him. There is no guarantee that we need him just because when Mata doesn't play we don't seem to have a brain in attack. I'd rather look internally and try to sort something different out e.g. playing Hazard at no. 10 or something before we spend money on another player in the -3-. The "we look poor without Mata so let's buy another no. 10 just for the few games so we can rest Mata" excuse doesn't do it for me IMO.

People are forgetting we're potentially bringing in the likes of KDB next season, plus the fact that someone like Oscar and Marin still haven't exactly settled in as well as Hazard has.

Once again, I really, really rate Isco, he's a joy to watch, but I don't think he's necessarily needed. I know he's coming at a cheap price but like people have said, it's not exactly needed. Need is a hyperbole.

Ain't happening.

But the look on every other teams fans' faces if we do? Priceless.

Yep, even if we are already loaded with AMs lets just buy him to spite everyone. We have enough money to do so

Fuckers wish they were bought out by a billionare and are losers trying to progress on thier "successful business model" like Arsenal/Spurs/Everton

Dont they know they only way for success in football these days is to be bought out by a billionare?

Whats wrong with you people? We look like utter crap when Mata isnt on. Of course we need another creative player.

And DM? I dont know about that. Maybe in the summer. For now we got lampard, mikel, ramires and luiz to play there. Its enough til the summer.

Another striker? Sure, id take that. But that doesnt mean we also DONT need another midfielder. We simply need another Mata. FACT.

Hm, so Oscar is what, Air? We signed him to compete for CAM with Mata and latter moves back in CM. I dont see Oscar moving to CM, so if you ask me, Oscar is good enough to backup Mata. He is just very young and doesnt have the playmaker skills yet, but with experience he has all to be world class. I dont understand why you dont trust Oscar. And there is also Kdb coming...

We have Matas backups, but sure they are not that good as Mata. Still you dont need world class backup realy. We aint Rm or Barca and we aint City. I say keep the quality (and good player relations), not quantity.

Isco also won the Golden Boy award. Nearly everyone that has won it turned out really good, if not great. The reason why I say nearly everyone is because Anderson won it and, in my opinion, he is not good enough to play for Man United.

He would be good enough,but he was too much injured,so it is clear that he could not reach his full potential

I don't see why people are complaining about us being linked with him. I agree, that AM aren't our main concern right now, it should be the pivot, but all of you saw what happened when we rested our best players of the AM against QPR, didn't you? As Leif stated a few pages earlier, he's a talent to go for:

Don't understand the people who think we don't need him. Whenever we rest either Hazard or Mata our team is simply not good enough in attack.

We want to be a TOP club don't we? Well a TOP club has many TOP players fighting for EACH position. Who's threatening Hazard and Mata? Oscar and Piazon? lol no.

Oscar has potential and is a good player. Piazon isn't even an AM, neither is Moses, Marin etc.

We're one of the richest clubs in the world and the current European Champions. Why settle for anything other than the very best?

McEachran doesn't play AM. De Bruyne is clearly a future pivot player. Marin is a winger - simple as that.

He wouldn't be a 'back up' option. He would be a top rotation player which we need.

Jeez. People talk about how we need more strikers when we've got Torres and Ba yet think we're 'ok' when it comes to our creative midfielders. No.

We play around 2 games a week these days. Again - what happens when we rest Mata or Hazard?..... and why does that happen? Because our options aren't good enough when it comes to rotation.

Do people not realise how incredible Isco's talent is? Anything near the reported price would be a steal.

About the player himself, I'm not following La Liga that much, but he seems one of the biggest talents there. Winning the Golden Boy award for the best Under-21 player in Europe is something you have to achieve. He's alongside with great players like vdVaart, Messi, Fabregas, Aguero and Götze. Did any of our AM options won it? No, they haven't. His style is awesome. He has some great vision and is skillfull (effective skills, not just to show off), and kind of reminds me of Mata. BTW, he isn't a player that can only play CAM, he seems to come from the wings sometimes, but as I said, I don't follow La Liga that much. I like him, and as Leif said in that post, which I agree in 100%, if we want to be a top club and want to keep our standing as that, we need top class players and much competiton in every part of the team. We might even be able to finally move Oscar a little bit deeper which is what a lot of members here want to see, so why not steal (with the discussed fee, you have to call it that way) this great talent?

Short term wise, yes. We probably need someone like Isco. But what about long term? We still have the likes of De Bruyne, McEachran out on loan in the team. Also, we don't really know what Oscar's best position is yet. He could turn out to be a proper No.10/CAM rather than a CM in the pivot.

And people want us to get Isco so that we can rotate him with Mata? What are we gonna do with Isco when Mata is still fresh enough to play? Mata will play most of the games, just need to be rested the odd games here and there. We gotta be careful not to over-stack ourselves with midfielders unnecessarily.

Personally, I'm not sure if this transfer rumour really is legitimate. 2-3 weeks ago, we were linked with Pjanic, who can play as a CAM too, because of the Lampard's contract situation. Now, we have this link with Isco popping up as well in a similar situation with Lampard's contract situation again.

Short term wise, yes. We probably need someone like Isco. But what about long term? We still have the likes of De Bruyne, McEachran out on loan in the team. Also, we don't really know what Oscar's best position is yet. He could turn out to be a proper No.10/CAM rather than a CM in the pivot.

And people want us to get Isco so that we can rotate him with Mata? What are we gonna do with Isco when Mata is still fresh enough to play? Mata will play most of the games, just need to be rested the odd games here and there. We gotta be careful not to over-stack ourselves with midfielders unnecessarily.

Personally, I'm not sure if this transfer rumour really is legitimate. 2-3 weeks ago, we were linked with Pjanic, who can play as a CAM too, because of the Lampard's contract situation. Now, we have this link with Isco popping up as well in a similar situation with Lampard's contract situation again.

Man U over-stack with strikers, we shall over-stack with midfielders. Besides I can't see how anyone would not consider us needing a cental attacking midfielder unnecessary. Mata can't play every game of the season and at the moment when he isn't playing we don't seem to have a player who can step up with the same impact. Mata might be fresh for a long period of the season but with still The F.A Cup, League Cup, Europa League and potentially the Prem all still in with a chance of winning, we need someone else. Hazard doesnt seem to have the same effect centrally as he does on the wings. Though he has great vision and quick feet, he doesn't seem to controll the central area with being in the right place at the right time like Mata does. Oscar clearly needs more time to develop to his surroundings and Piazon is inexperienced. So if buying a player like Isco is the centrally attacking player we are in need of to rotate with Mata then i can't see how it would be a move that any fan would disagree with.

Man U over-stack with strikers, we shall over-stack with midfielders.

Fail logic. United have always played with 2 strikers and of course they would need 4!

Besides I can't see how anyone would not consider us needing a cental attacking midfielder unnecessary. Mata can't play every game of the season and at the moment when he isn't playing we don't seem to have a player who can step up with the same impact. Mata might be fresh for a long period of the season but with still The F.A Cup, League Cup, Europa League and potentially the Prem all still in with a chance of winning, we need someone else. Hazard doesnt seem to have the same effect centrally as he does on the wings. Though he has great vision and quick feet, he doesn't seem to controll the central area with being in the right place at the right time like Mata does. Oscar clearly needs more time to develop to his surroundings and Piazon is inexperienced. So if buying a player like Isco is the centrally attacking player we are in need of to rotate with Mata then i can't see how it would be a move that any fan would disagree with.

I don't think Isco would want to come here to be a rotation option with Mata. For someone his age now, he would want to play every week, not just 1 game here, 1 game there when Mata isn't playing. What are we gonna do with Isco when Mata is playing? And really, your point just emphasized what I said about getting Isco now is just a short term option. What about long term? Can't be having all these young players together at once.

Fail logic. United have always played with 2 strikers and of course they would need 4!

I don't think Isco would want to come here to be a rotation option with Mata. For someone his age now, he would want to play every week, not just 1 game here, 1 game there when Mata isn't playing. And really, your point just emphasized what I said about getting Isco now is just a short term option. What about long term? Can't be having all these young players together at once.

That's a good point made. We have too many young players as it is, I'm not even sure if this rumour has any substance at all so it really is hypothetically speaking. I do think we need a player to rotate with Mata though, with taking your point of having too many young players into consideration then maybe we should look at more experienced and matured mid. Cazorla would have been ideal.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You