Christian Benteke

Tomo

All true. Depends on the price though I guess. I'd much rather we spent money on a world class RW, a good backup GK if Cech is leaving and a backup for Matic though. They're more pressing concerns.

I'm not sure there are any world class RW's available.

I'd take Christian but not for his buyout price.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure there are any world class RW's available.

I'd take Christian but not for his buyout price.

Reus might be seeing as BVB finished lower than expected and Klopp is off.

Di Maria might be gettable from Man Utd seeing as he had a poor first season there and it sounds like Utd are getting twitchy.

Griezmann has been linked many times with the club. No smoke without fire and all that.

There's at least 3 options that I reckon would be available. Even if they all aren't though, then we could aim for a world class CAM/CM instead and keep Willian at RW.

Just think that with Bamford already at the club, Falcao on loan and Austin/Ings cheap/free and wanting to return to the PL a 3rd choice striker isn't a huge priority ATM.

That's just me though, I'll trust Jose and Emenalo whoever they choose. They rarely lead us wrong.

Ive said it before, he is just like Ba. I dont mean their type of football or the colour of their skin. These players need to play week in week out, they are form strikers. As soon as they miss a game it takes some time to hit their best. We are lucky with Remy because he isnt like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Feel a bit bad for Villa because they're in a bit of a bind. However, this should lower the price a bit and perhaps Chelsea can grab him for 25

There is absolutely no need for us to go for him. There are a number of reasons why....We play with one striker and I see no reason what so ever that it will change anytime soon. Not only that, paying 32.5M for someone is a price you pay for your number 1 striker and not someone who will be benched because the main man in Costa is first choice. This now leads as to why the Falcao situation isn't a gamble- He's happy to come hear according to reports to play second fiddle, not only that but the monies to bring him here are not stupid in the first instance.

Costa, Falcao and Remy(if he remains) is more than enough quality.

There is absolutely no need for us to go for him. There are a number of reasons why....We play with one striker and I see no reason what so ever that it will change anytime soon. Not only that, paying 32.5M for someone is a price you pay for your number 1 striker and not someone who will be benched because the main man in Costa is first choice. This now leads as to why the Falcao situation isn't a gamble- He's happy to come hear according to reports to play second fiddle, not only that but the monies to bring him here are not stupid in the first instance.

Costa, Falcao and Remy(if he remains) is more than enough quality.

In a normal world where Costa never gets injured I'd agree with you but last year drogba made more appearances than costa. I think we need a 1b since Costa's health is an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Several Belgian media websites are reporting that Aston Villa & Liverpool agreed on Benteke.

Transfer price will be €46,5 million.

This makes Benteke the most expensive Belgian player out there (for a while I guess => KDB, ...).

Benteke-GJ_2875292.jpg

Several Belgian media websites are reporting that Aston Villa & Liverpool agreed on Benteke.

Transfer pricearrow-10x10.png will be €46,5 million.

This makes Benteke the most expensive Belgian player out there (for a while I guess => KDB, ...).

Benteke-GJ_2875292.jpg

johnson such a dick. first he thinks he can play football, now fight benteke..... i hate him

Transfer price will be €46,5 million.

Benteke-GJ_2875292.jpg

Funny thing is, the vast majority of their fans think he's a donkey and don't want him, same goes for United, snobby cunts. He may not be Lewandowski but he's always done a job in a poor Villa side and is as proven in England as they come.

I'd prefer him to go abroad to be honest.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You