Fernando Torres

He pisses me off as much as the next guy, and i would love him and rafa to leave, and us to draw a line under it and start again hopefully with Jose.

BUT, we are in an extremely close top 4 battle, have a great chance at a europa league trophy, and jeering at our striker for the whole time isn't gonna assist that. Our feelings have been felt towards the manager, but he was never close to being one of us. He was given the interim manager title, and i am sure many of the players, don't really consider him their proper manager, as he is 99% leaving in the summer anyway. Torres, however has been there for over 2 years, and i am sure is good friends with a lot of the other players...

And we don't want to be the club that sings insults at our own players... It doesn't send out a good message to the other players at the club, future players wanting to join the club, and how our club and its supporters treat their players.

Three things :

* Do you really believe that booing the ladyboy will affect negatively his game ? Against Loserpool this week-end, he was a lost soul wandering on the pitch for about 98 minutes. Though, there wasn't anyone around booing him, right ? Tonight, he fucked-up three clear opportunities to score. Then again, nobody was booing him. And it's just the two most recent examples out of more than 100 games. Over the past two and a half years, Chelsea fans have showed a great support to him, nonetheless, he still has proved to be the biggest flop of football history. So I ask you, what will happen if he sees banners telling him to fuck off ? Will he miss a siter on purpose ? Too bad, he is already doing this, even when fans are singing "T*rres T*rres T*rres". Then maybe he will suck and show no passion ? Then again, that's mainly what he has achieved in his time here.

* What do you think that his firends will do, if we do jeer him ? Will they start an hunger-strike ? Footballers are not renowned to have the most performant brains, though they are not that dumb. He might be their friend, but they most certainly know that he is awful and frustrating, so they will understand our stance. Plus, they know that they are bound to be applauded and cheered when they have a good game/season, just as they are bound to be booed when they are poor.

* And lol, sending out a wrong message. During Rijkaard's last year at Barça, fans were booing him/the team. Though, that didn't prevent Barcelona to buy great players and to be admired all over the world. This is not the sole example ; Madrid fans have booed Ronaldo and Mourinho, yet it won't prevent Madrid to attract great players and have a good image — I could mention many other examples. That's how it works in football : when fans are happy, they applause, sing, cheer, etc... when they are not, they boo. Furthermore, put aside his fangirls, everybody knows that this poor excuse of a player is a supreme flop, I am pretty sure that other teams' players and fans would understand our feelings.

Three things :

* Do you really believe that booing the ladyboy will affect negatively his game ? Against Loserpool this week-end, he was a lost soul wandering on the pitch for about 98 minutes. Though, there wasn't anyone around booing him, right ? Tonight, he fucked-up three clear opportunities to score. Then again, nobody was booing him. And it's just the two most recent examples out of more than 100 games. Over the past two and a half years, Chelsea fans have showed a great support to him, nonetheless, he still has proved to be the biggest flop of football history. So I ask you, what will happen if he sees banners telling him to fuck off ? Will he miss a siter on purpose ? Too bad, he is already doing this, even when fans are singing "T*rres T*rres T*rres". Then maybe he will suck and show no passion ? Then again, that's mainly what he has achieved in his time here.

* What do you think that his firends will do, if we do jeer him ? Will they start an hunger-strike ? Footballers are not renowned to have the most performant brains, though they are not that dumb. He might be their friend, but they most certainly know that he is awful and frustrating, so they will understand our stance. Plus, they know that they are bound to be applauded and cheered when they have a good game/season, just as they are bound to be booed when they are poor.

* And lol, sending out a wrong message. During Rijkaard's last year at Barça, fans were booing him/the team. Though, that didn't prevent Barcelona to buy great players and to be admired all over the world. This is not the sole example ; Madrid fans have booed Ronaldo and Mourinho, yet it won't prevent Madrid to attract great players and have a good image — I could mention many other examples. That's how it works in football : when fans are happy, they applause, sing, cheer, etc... when they are not, they boo. Furthermore, put aside his fangirls, everybody knows that this poor excuse of a player is a supreme flop, I am pretty sure that other teams' players and fans would understand our feelings.

1. I couldn't give a fuck if it "negatively effected torres". He can't get much worse. If thats all that happenned then by all means.

2. Obviously they are not gonna refuse playing, but torres pretty much has to play europa unless we go strikerless which rafa is never gonna do. Anti-Torres chants would effect the rest of the team. They will be pissed off with him. Everyone knows we are pissed off at him. It's not like people think we are all happy with Torres.

3. He should be leaving in the summer anyway. There are probably half a dozen games or so left. He would hopefully only play 2 of them. Whats the need now. Also Booing, and singing Fuck off Torres are 2 completely different things. Which is what i was talking about. Booing happens all the time. But there could be 7 games of the season left. Why now, when he is likely to be leaving.

The sooner he fucks off the better, because tonight was terrible. But everyone knows he was terrible and that we are not happy in the slightest with that. Airing it in any ways more severly that just booing, gives more negative publicity to us. There has already been reports this week of our fans abusing Benayoun. It's us, everything is gonna come back bite us in the ass.

Heads down, get top 4 hopefully win the europa. Torres fucks off. And we can all hopefully watch a decent striker next season.

Does Torres actually know the fans aren't happy? His latest interview suggests otherwise (he says he wants 3 more years and has so much to give to Chelsea).

No matter what he does on the pitch Benitez mentions him in post match interviews - and you always know what he's going to say - "Torres worked really hard" is a standard reaction to a very bad performance.

I don't think the fans should turn agains Torres during matches - but what if he stays for the next season? How much more can we take?

I don't think the fans should turn agains Torres during matches

I think they do. Torres may well be under the illusion that people still support him. It needs to get through to his head that he's not wanted. It got through to Benitez, now it should be Trolles' turn.

Does Torres actually know the fans aren't happy? His latest interview suggests otherwise (he says he wants 3 more years and has so much to give to Chelsea).

No matter what he does on the pitch Benitez mentions him in post match interviews - and you always know what he's going to say - "Torres worked really hard" is a standard reaction to a very bad performance.

I don't think the fans should turn agains Torres during matches - but what if he stays for the next season? How much more can we take?

Have been reading through your posts since joining the forum, and have to say now that you've posted some really clever stuff. A breath of fresh air nowadays.

Re Torres, its as if he does it on purpose sometimes. Plays well, then plays shitty (as usual). And repeatedly so in the past few months. But the fact remains, if we had a proper striker this season, it would've been a completely different story.

Well, assuming if we get a competent manager like Mourinho then, Torres would probably be rotting on the bench for the whole season.

I suppose I feel sorry for him in a way and wish he left on his own this summer. On the other hand his latest interview made me really angry - it seems he is living in his own world detached from reality. Or - far worst - he knows he is finished and wants to stay put and make as much money as possible.

I personally never wanted Torres. My hope is our new manager (hopefully Mourinho) will deal with him.

And I have been reading this forum for a long time…but didn't "dare" to write anything…knowing what men think of women talking football :-)

Someone sends a pass of more than 10 yards into him and the ball bounces off of his feet like a brick wall.

If he actually does manage to control it, he takes 2 strides and on the third touch he knocks it to the opposition.

He single handedly destroys almost every break we go on in some matches.

And I have been reading this forum for a long time…but didn't "dare" to write anything…knowing what men think of women talking football :-)

Feel free to write whatever you want!

The TC community is not sexist or whatsoever at all. If anything we're just Anti-Benitez, but that has its legitimation :D