Fernando Torres

I can't for the life of me understand why did Torres started today when he played on Wednesday and will play again next Thursday!

His crap performance today probably confirms that his improved performances in last 5-6 games happened only because we played against average-poor oppositions rather he actually improving himself. Was completely anonymous and rubbish against a half-decent team today!

More insults - have some respect for people who support this club.

Ive stopped calling those people who support Torres for Chelsea fans. I actually see them as the exact opposite. Be aware that with people who support torres i doesnt mean they who just want him to do good until summer before he (hopefully) will leave. I mean the fanboys that protect him after everygame and wants him to stay (a la Backstreet09)

He was in form. Being in form doesn't mean you're amongst the top players in the world, but means you're at what's typically considered your personal best at that time - which Torres has been recently. Since joining us, it's been rare that we've seen him play at the level he has been in our past few games (this Liverpool game aside).

After being in good form, today was dreadful from him. That doesn't mean he's out of form though as he could have the game of his life in our next match. Form is based on a string of performances and isn't a game-to-game analysis to sum up whether a player did well or not on a particular day.

He's now in the neutral zone for the most-part (or you could say that today he was off-form, not out-of form), and his next game should reveal to us whether he's again out of form (hopefully not) or if today was just a hiccup in his slight revitalisation which all strikers get.

We've known from day one that he's a confidence player; A player who relies on good morale etc, so it should be no surprise that he gets a mental-block which prevents him from performing well when against his old club. I believe the pressure was just too much for him today being back at Anfield (again). I'm sure it'd be a slightly different story had Ba started and Torres come on late on to run circles around Carragher.

First Torres didn't perform because he played too many matches. So we go and buy Ba and let him sit on the bench, so Torres can play - while Rafa is inventing a new "explanation" for his bad performance.

It's all about twisting "facts" and finding scapegoats.

Torres in form? Excuse me - he did exactly what any other average player does in every single match, nothing more. The only difference is that you don't call those players "in form" because they just do what they are EXPECTED to.

The thing is Torres is so bad that when he actually does have an average game and doesn't ruin it for the rest of the team we feel somehow we need to give him credit for it.

You talk so much sense I cant believe your'e the Martina who runs the Board

I don't even get why he started. Didn't do anything against Fulham bar run a lot. We could get Shane Long to do that. Ba is also in good form and in any case, Torres will play against Basel, I don't see why Torres in good form is given priority over Ba who has been rewarded after 2 goals in 2 starts against the 2 best clubs in England with 3 games without an appearance. I do recognise this section is a rant that Torres has no control over, more aimed at Rafa. However..

Torres is back! Sturridge today showed him how to fire yourself up against your old team. Or even just how to play well as a striker. The guy has not scored a PL goal in 16.5 hours of football?His 19 goals this season, they're in, what, 57 appearances? And I can recall quite a few ones that even Torres would admit are lucky, or ones against pub teams. On pages 469-470 yet again people are reeled into this false sense if security with Torres whenever he hits some sort if semblance of form. It was barely even good form, it was just between than the trips we had seen since Rafa came in. Now we're back there. I will dispair if he is still here next season. He has had his chances.

Sturridge is going to learn a lot from Suarez; in a couple of years he'll be a biting player...

What a cunt trying to injure his former colleague!

Back to Torres, cannot even say he led the line, because he always positions himself in front of the defenders, and we have no one actually in the box to apply the finish. His positioning makes no sense.