Fernando Torres

His form has picked up, doing well, but, he should be. Thing that still remains is he makes some terrible runs and isn't the striker he was, and never will be.

Ba, Lukaku and a.n.other for next season for me, sell Torres we need much better.

Whatever form, Torres remains one decent player with a fragile confidence, in the right conditions his abilites once might have risen to worldclass but these times are long gone and will never come back. He has been a failure here, but that is not solely his fault, I think he has done all he could most times. That is why we should not be condemned. Of course he gets paid amount many of us have never seen but he remains a human and no money in the world can extinguish the mistakes he hence still has. Some people succeed though, soem not. but even the ones who did succeed have never mocked Torres, cos they know it could go wrong for themselves anytime. It is also human that we , the fans blame him for everything, but we have never been any near that kind of situatioon, so who are we to judge? Most obviously Torres+Chelsea never worked sufficiently and the last 2 years are evidence enough to predict it never will. It would be great if his latest jump of form would help us win the EL, but no matter what, he should leave, but he should the credit he deserves for his efforts.

^^

I agree with who wrote the article that he is not instinctively sliding it into the bottom left like most right footers like to do.

Far too many shots straight at the keeper. Whenever your low in confidence u tend to shoot straight as u see it as the safest option.

^^

I agree with who wrote the article that he is not instinctively sliding it into the bottom left like most right footers like to do.

Far too many shots straight at the keeper. Whenever your low in confidence u tend to shoot straight as u see it as the safest option.

I HATE YOU MAYNE, Why do you bring up stats everytime?

As much as Torres has improved, let's not suddenly start thinking about keeping him again. If you look at the games he has played since the improvement, it's been against Rubin Kazan(x2), Fulham, Sunderland and Man City. 4 of them were average oppositions. It's only that 1 City game where he was maybe decent. Otherwise, his good performances have been against poor teams, which has been the same whenever we play such teams since he joined us and it's nothing big to shout about either as it goes along with his goalscoring record of mostly scoring against rubbish oppositions.

^^

I see that youre using my sig, thats awesome ! :getin:

While he is scoring a few in the EL and is improving his general performance, his last premiership goal was on the 23rd of December in the 8-0 thrashing of Villa. That is 4 months without a Premiership goal and that seems to not be picked up by many despite him scoring a flurry of goals in the EL. That for a striker here is not good enough and that is full proof to me that we cannot afford to have just Ba and Torres here as our main strikers next season. You are playing well recently Torres, however 4 months without a premiership goal is unacceptable.

As much as Torres has improved, let's not suddenly start thinking about keeping him again. If you look at the games he has played since the improvement, it's been against Rubin Kazan(x2), Fulham, Sunderland and Man City. 4 of them were average oppositions. It's only that 1 City game where he was maybe decent. Otherwise, his good performances have been against poor teams, which has been the same whenever we play such teams since he joined us and it's nothing big to shout about either as it goes along with his goalscoring record of mostly scoring against rubbish oppositions.

Tbh his good form has been exaggerated. His ball control, decision making, shooting and passing is still not up to the standards of Chelsea.