Fernando Torres

Agreed, just watched the highlights and he did well.

Dont forget when he runs, he pulls away defenders, which creates space for our other players - I'm not sure how many of you have played football, but @ Uni we had a 'Preston' (12 yrs ago) player in our team - and he could create amazing space by taking 2 defenders with him, wherever he went on the field.

I think we should give him 10 games - then see where we are at...

If Ramires would have passed to him, could have been a whole different game - I think that shit needs to stop though, he needs to just get on with it rather than sulk...

Why the plural winning goals? Yesterday was Fernando's first winning goal in the league in his Chelsea career and it was his 48th Premier League match. Hopefully we don't have to wait that long for the next one.

That was his first winner in the League, I personally have the same opinion if he starts winning us matches constantly than I don't care if his overall game is lacking. Problem with Torres is his apologists, who expect us to forget the last 2 years and take our cocks out whenever he doesn't miss control a ball.

I know it was his first winner. I meant that if he continues to do so, if he starts scoring winners on a regular basis, then I do not care how he performs.

Was huge fan of him and still but ...He looks like a sports car without horse power really.The thing is I watched him alot back then when he was at Liverpool and Fernando Torres of the present is far less the player he was a couple of years ago.For me,he is pretty much done.Doesn't have the abilities (mostly pace) that made him world class anymore.

Was huge fan of him and still but ...He looks like a sports car without horse power really.The thing is I watched him alot back then when he was at Liverpool and Fernando Torres of the present is far less the player he was a couple of years ago.For me,he is pretty much done.Doesn't have the abilities (mostly pace) that made him world class anymore.

Eh? You've watched this season, right? I agree it was a concern previously but not now, he seems to have gathered back what pace we thought he had lost.. see yesterday where he blasted past 3 players and unfortunately missed the resulting shot he fashioned for himself.

I think something else to think is that Liverpool played completely different to what we play now and have done previously when we bought Torres. The team was centered around his pace and over the top/through balls. Unfortunately some of our players lack the football intelligence/ability to do this, sorry to oust Lampard/Mikel as I think they've played well.

At least we now have Hazard + Mata to spot his runs and they did a pretty good job, especially Hazard last night of passing to him in the right areas and spotting his exceptional movements off the ball.

This.

I'm not saying he was good yesterday, because he was kind of horrible, but he did what his job is, to score goal.

If it was Drogba yesterday, and not him, the majority of people would be all about how a fucking magnificient player he is, because he is shit in the whole match, but still manages to grab the winner.

and on the flip side if it was Kalou?

Didn't read any of the earlier posts tbh.

Very confident in Torres this season - playing with other players that are football intelligent - now he has a few players trying to pick him out and spot his runs rather than just Juan Mata.

I like what I see so far.

This is also a thing that is bugging me because i get the feeling that Torres will "waste" some of the intelligence weve got in the team. What i mean is, for example, that if Torres scores maybe 10 goals this season thanks to them another striker would score maybe 15. I just think he lacks the striker instics of being at the right place at the right time and so on. And im not really talking about some one with a 35 million price tag like Cavani. I think that someone like Cisse from Newcastle would be a great improvment for us, someone that likes to score for fun.

one of the moves he use to do every other week with Liverpool, why has it taken 18 months for us :(:rant:

he has been doing that kind of stuff ever since he signed for us! i see him all the time ghost past players like their not even there! he usually goes past one or two players then either passes or gets tackled by the last defender, but he has been ghosting past players ever since he signed for us! but people still think he has lost his pace and trickery for some reason!