Fernando Torres

I find it very strange that the likes of Pat Nevin and Dixon, two absolute Chelsea Legends (with a capital "L"), continuously supports Torres and points out all the good things he actually does in a game, when the forums are over flowing with haters saying we need to bring in for example Cavani, who was a pure JOKE in the Olympics when he didn't get any service.

But hey, let's not jump to conclusions, after all what does the incredibly dumb Nevin and the joke of a striker Dixon know about football? Do they play enough Championship Manager?

I find it very strange that the likes of Pat Nevin and Dixon, two absolute Chelsea Legends (with a capital "L"), continuously supports Torres and points out all the good things he actually does in a game, when the forums are over flowing with haters saying we need to bring in for example Cavani, who was a pure JOKE in the Olympics when he didn't get any service.

But hey, let's not jump to conclusions, after all what does the incredibly dumb Nevin and the joke of a striker Dixon know about football? Do they play enough Championship Manager?

They aren't coaches, managers or scouts.

I'd take their words with a pinch of salt.

As we do to you.

Thats the point.

They are no more qualified than any football fan to come out and talk shit about Torres being a world class player when he patently isn't. Jamie Redknapp was a pro footballer, should we swallow his bile as gospel? Are we mere Soviet style androids, to follow orders and accept opinions without question? Are we to believe that Torres is great because of what a few Stakhanovites (keeping with the Soviet analogy) say?

Torres has been varying shades of shit in his time here. I think everyone has deserved the right to hold reservations on Torres without having our sanity, intelligence and commitment to the club in question. We are not haters, we would obviously be delighted if he did the impossible and find his feet again, but we strongly believe such a transformation will not happen. Now you and everybody else can pretend everything is fine and dandy, but I'm not about to back down on my opinion that he has become a calamitous player.

Who has said that Torres is a world class player in his form during his Chelsea career?

Both Nevin and Dixon played football (and they were pretty damn good as well) and were the corner stones of our team before the online haters were planned. I mean, what does Dixon know about the job of a striker? What does Nevin, a highly regarded columnist for several newspapers, know about football? What does Wilkins, a pretty decent coach as it turned out, know about tactics and different types of players?

Credit must be given where credit is deserved. Torres was one terrible referee away from getting one or even two penalties. For me, football is a team sport. If you assist (for example getting a penalty all on your own), then you've done just as good as if you've scored the goal yourself.

Well if we go by that the Di Matteo obviously sees a lot of positives in him if keeps backing him, praising him and always pick him over Sturridge in the CF role (despite some here screaming that Sturridge should be fist choice striker).

And Del Bosque must be a twazzak for constantly picking Torres ahead of the other strikers Spain have, like Negredo, Soldado, Llorente or even Adrian Lopez.

He scored today. And he would've scored two if Ramires had not gone for personal glory (I'm talking about the chance before the opening goal). I think he played a good game today! Good, not great. He did a nice dribble as well, only to see his shot blocked... But the dribble was class!

No wonder he looks less and less interested as the game goes on. He starts really brightly and gets in good positions on the centre halves shoulders yet when ever someone draws a defender and opens the gap they try and score from a stupid area.

Terrible game, almost blew all the team's brilliant work by being in a offside position for the third goal luckily the linesman missed it.

Danny looked so much brighter than him, in all honesty the only reason he is starting for is his price tag.

Torres's first winner in the EPL as a Chelsea player took him one and a half seasons, but he finally scored a winner for us. Seems to have a few flashes but most of the time was miscontrolling the ball or standing still around the penalty spot.

Major doubts about him continue

We need a new striker. Say what ever you want but thats what we need. If Torres is invinsible against teams like Reading, how do you think he will stand against teams like Newcastle which we are playing against in a few days. Games where well have the ball as much and not having as many goal chances as today. We need someone fresh and some one with a striker instinct that can put those god damn ball that come into the box into the goal.

And dont come with the "he should have scored 2 goals if it wasnt for Ramires" talk. I could even score at those chances.