Fernando Torres

He had 2 chances, which should be enough for a World Class striker - also a World Class striker would be able to create some chances for himself something which Torres seems to be incapable of doing.

But yes, blame the midfield; defense; goalkeeper; coach; tactics; weather etc.

Torres had a good game against City but once again - can't do it consistently. He did ok tonight, but ok is not enough at this point - as he replaced a player who won win matches for us on his own and he cost an arm and a leg.

If you think he was judged the magnifying lens last season it's going to be worse this season now that Drogba is gone and Torres has gotten everything he could ask for.

Like Tevez and suarez? yes but he can't anymore.

I do not think he was that bad in the second half (I didn't watch the first half), but I want to comment on another topic. I hope the board and managerial staff adopt a firm stand with him. I mean by that, that we should give him the starter position in something like 10 games in a row. If he fails to impress and to cimente his position after this run of games, then we should bench him, play Sturridge or whatever the forward that we have bought, and stop wasting our time with him. I know we have already said this many times in the past, but the board seems to keep faith in him, therefore, in this start of the season, we need to give him an ultimatum. We should fix the striker question as soon as possible. By the way, when I say "to cimente his position", I am not speaking about a goal here and a bad control turning out to be an assist there. I am neither talking about some promising signs that he can turn out to be good anew in an uncertain future. No, I am talking about genuine world-class performances, or not far away of that level.

Because he can't run to spaces to save his fucking life. Everytime he tries to run he goes to a wing and just slows everything instead of going through.

Striker worth 50 million should show at least SOMETHING, not waiting for the team to do everything for him. And even when the team does everything for him he can't do shit.

No, I meant he tried running into space, but the passes didn't come.

But, I agree tho, he needs to start playing better if he wants his starting 11 role.

Yeah I thought he did well. He created that one on one for Oscar which was great. I think the addition of Hazard, and Oscar, And potentially Hulk/Moses, will help with Nando's game the most. He will get many games this season and with the squad we current;y have, he should have a good season. Its sink or swim.

I think if Ramis hadn't have cleared that one of the line, Nando would be getting a lot of credit for his performance. Seems like theres a very thin line unfortunately.

On another day, he could have been given a penalty, scored his goal, and assisted Oscar. He did fine.

I think if Ramis hadn't have cleared that one of the line, Nando would be getting a lot of credit for his performance. Seems like theres a very thin line unfortunately.

On another day, he could have been given a penalty, scored his goal, and assisted Oscar. He did fine.

I can see why you're a moderator - great post! :D

Finally some perspective - he looked better than Suarez and Tevez combined

I do not think he was that bad in the second half (I didn't watch the first half), but I want to comment on another topic. I hope the board and managerial staff adopt a firm stand with him. I mean by that, that we should give him the starter position in something like 10 games in a row. If he fails to impress and to cimente his position after this run of games, then we should bench him, play Sturridge or whatever the forward that we have bought, and stop wasting our time with him. I know we have already said this many times in the past, but the board seems to keep faith in him, therefore, in this start of the season, we need to give him an ultimatum. We should fix the striker question as soon as possible. By the way, when I say "to cimente his position", I am not speaking about a goal here and a bad control turning out to be an assist there. I am neither talking about some promising signs that he can turn out to be good anew in an uncertain future. No, I am talking about genuine world-class performances, or not far away of that level.

Even if he play good, I think we should buy a forward that is good with his back to the goal.

I thought he played well. Should have won what was a blatant penalty and then desperately unlucky to see Ramis clear his effort off the line. No support at all and he was targeted by two of the back three almost all the time - giving Oscar and Hazard plenty of space to manoeuvre into.

Torres is just a frustrating player to watch right now. One week, he looks interested, chasing down balls, running around, working hard and offering movements upfront. The next, he looks totally disinterested. His body language is all wrong and then becomes all too static upfront without offering any real option of passing in the attacking third.

One thing that terribly annoys me right now about him is whenever he is with the ball and there are 3-4 players surrounding him, he tries to do it all on his own by taking all of them at once thinking like he's Messi or something when there are options to pass to. More often than not, he ends up losing the ball and we find ourselves under pressure because someone can't keep it simple with the ball! :doh:

Torres is just a frustrating player to watch right now. One week, he looks interested, chasing down balls, running around, working hard and offering movements upfront. The next, he looks totally disinterested. His body language is all wrong and then becomes all too static upfront without offering any real option of passing in the attacking third.

One thing that terribly annoys me right now about him is whenever he is with the ball and there are 3-4 players surrounding him, he tries to do it all on his own by taking all of them at once thinking like he's Messi or something when there are options to pass to. More often than not, he ends up losing the ball and we find ourselves under pressure because someone can't keep it simple with the ball! :doh:

Not convinced by what I saw saturday...

French commentators were positives about him, I'm not.

And I think that Chelsea needs a striker.

Torres is the only one. Sturridge as a striker in a 4-2-3-1? Don't know.

But it's a big risk to have only these to make a whole season.

When I see that we talk about Moses, who is a winger, I'm surprised.

Mata, Hazard, Marin, Oscar, Bertrand, Sturridge Benayoun. It's enough.

But only Torres, no.

Not convinced by what I saw saturday...

French commentators were positives about him, I'm not.

And I think that Chelsea needs a striker.

Torres is the only one. Sturridge as a striker in a 4-2-3-1? Don't know.

But it's a big risk to have only these to make a whole season.

When I see that we talk about Moses, who is a winger, I'm surprised.

Mata, Hazard, Marin, Oscar, Bertrand, Sturridge Benayoun. It's enough.

But only Torres, no.

Well, you saw how we ended up in the Community shield having to play Ramires on the right. I dont want that to happen again.

Ah man I just hope Torres keeps scoring to shut these pathetic Torres haters up. Every time they make a post about Torres its suffocating. Nothing but blame no matter what he does. Oh man just to see your pathetic faces if Torres returns. Make it happen El Nino.