Fernando Torres

He sucks now because he's one dimensional, he needs other players to perfectly set him up so he can run on to the end of passes and slide them in. His link up play is terrible, he goes invisibile for large stretches of games because he only gets involved when others serve him up passes on a silver platter. Add that to the fact that he has almost no ability to create something out of nothing and create chances/goals for himself now. Oh yeah...and then there's the fact that everytime he gets the ball he appears hesistant and indecisive which gives defenders time to close on him before he can do anything. His lack of confidence is another big reason why he has struggled. His lack of aggression in attacking is always going to make it hard for him to be a threat.

(Even last year when Drogba wasn't scoring he was still creating chances for others with his passing and crossing. When do you ever see Torres create a chance for a teammate?

Wouldn't the 15+ assists he had last season totally go against this point? remember the game against Benfica away?Torres brilliantly set up Kalou. Or the cross to Mata against Man utd.

He set up Ivanovic twice from corners against Villa. There are many others, but whatever lol.

He sucks now because he's one dimensional, he needs other players to perfectly set him up so he can run on to the end of passes and slide them in. His link up play is terrible, he goes invisibile for large stretches of games because he only gets involved when others serve him up passes on a silver platter. Add that to the fact that he has almost no ability to create something out of nothing and create chances/goals for himself now. Good strikers should be able to create chances for themselves, but also the other players on his team too. (Even last year when Drogba wasn't scoring he was still creating chances for others with his passing and crossing. When do you ever see Torres create a chance for a teammate?) Oh yeah...and then there's the fact that everytime he gets the ball he appears hesistant and indecisive which gives defenders time to close on him before he can do anything. His lack of confidence is another big reason why he has struggled. His lack of aggression in attacking is always going to make it hard for him to be a threat.

You sure you watch Chelsea games?

I don't think ANY striker in the world would of had a good season last year with the way Chelsea were playing. Every game I watch of his I am always impressed by something he does. He is still a classy player, and this will be his season. So let's chill with the cavani talk and let FT be the main man for once in his Chelsea career. If he doesn't start scoring goals, then it would be obvious the player is broken, and not the system.

My biggest complaint of his, is that he seems to be a whiney bitch. I remember one clear time during reading that he would've scored a brace if he wasn't complaining to a referee about a supposed foul. But anyways this shall be a very exciting season. It is great times to be a Chelsea fan.

I thought he was extremely lazy yesterday (still looks short of fitness to me ) but to claim he's started the season terribly only tells us you have an obvious agenda.

If you've followed Torres from his Atleti days his one glaring weakness has always been his inconsistent first touch. When he's on form and confident it's usually brillant but when he's having a poor game it's as bad as Rooney's. Just the way he'll always be, it seems.

I thought he started the game very well with some clever layoffs to Hazard & Mata early on in the first half and was involved in the build up to THAT Ramires chance. Thought it was obvious he was clearly frustrated after Ramo went for glory to me it looked like he was sulking for the rest of the game.

His workrate has been very poor so far this season but he has had several brilliant solo runs so far this season to be fair to him. He had 2 or 3 against City. Blatant penalty not given against Wigan after a vintage run and then he had that moment of genius the fake and the nutmeg before of course he scuffed his shot in our last game. That was something that looked like had escaped his game last year.

He has 13 goals in his last 17 starts.

2 in 3 to start the season (could easily have been 4 in 3 had Ramires squared that chance and he had a shot cleared off the line against WIgan).

By no means am I saying he's been perfect so far but there have been some promising signs so far in my opinion. Hope he steps it up against Newcastle.

I thought he was extremely lazy yesterday (still looks short of fitness to me ) but to claim he's started the season terribly only tells us you have an obvious agenda.

If you've followed Torres from his Atleti days his one glaring weakness has always been his inconsistent first touch. When he's on form and confident it's usually brillant but when he's having a poor game it's as bad as Rooney's. Just the way he'll always be, it seems.

I thought he started the game very well with some clever layoffs to Hazard & Mata early on in the first half and was involved in the build up to THAT Ramires chance. Thought it was obvious he was clearly frustrated after Ramo went for glory to me it looked like he was sulking for the rest of the game.

His workrate has been very poor so far this season but he has had several brilliant solo runs so far this season to be fair to him. He had 2 or 3 against City. Blatant penalty not given against Wigan after a vintage run and then he had that moment of genius the fake and the nutmeg before of course he scuffed his shot in our last game. That was something that looked like had escaped his game last year.

He has 13 goals in his last 17 starts.

2 in 3 to start the season (could easily have been 4 in 3 had Ramires squared that chance and he had a shot cleared off the line against WIgan).

By no means am I saying he's been perfect so far but there have been some promising signs so far in my opinion. Hope he steps it up against Newcastle.

Can someone less indolent than I create a list of his last 17 starts and his goals/assists in those games?

Can someone less indolent than I create a list of his last 17 starts and his goals/assists in those games?

vs Reading - golaso

at Wigan

vs City - golaso

vs Croatia

vs Ireland - golaso x2

vs South Korea - golaso

at Liverpool

at Newcastle

vs QPR - golaso x3

at Arsenal (what a dumb fucking game this was to watch)

at Fulham

vs Benfica

at Villa - golaso assist

at Benfica assist

at City

vs Leicester - golaso x2 assist x2

at Birmingham

He has 11 in his last 17 overall starts... who cares what he does for Spain? Who cares what he does in an exhibition game? If we're talking about his last 17 starts for Chelsea in games that count towards something:

vs Reading - golaso

at Wigan

at Liverpool

at Newcastle

vs QPR - golaso x3

at Arsenal

at Fulham

vs Benfica

at Villa - golaso assist

at Benfica assist

at City

vs Leicester - golaso x2 assist x2

at Birmingham

vs Birmingham

at Everton

vs Man Utd assist

at Swansea

That's 7 goals in 17 starts

Just saw van Persies goal against Fulham and it just hit me that thats the kind of striker that we need. Someone who can score out of nothing. Torres has just lost all his striker insticts to score goals like that. Its someone who can score goals like that who will win us close games against top teams.

Just saw van Persies goal against Fulham and it just hit me that thats the kind of striker that we need. Someone who can score out of nothing. Torres has just lost all his striker insticts to score goals like that. Its someone who can score goals like that who will win us close games against top teams.

everyone could use a guy like RVP.

So Torres 50 mill, RVP 25 mill.....

Torres has to do more then RVP this season to justify anything.

Otherwise he will continue to be a major flop....probably might be the biggest flop in the entire history of all mankind!

Or we could just not compare him to other players? Support him and hope he gets some goals.