Fernando Torres

Some of you are beyond repair.

Let's log off here and head to The Shed End.

Wouldn't be surprised if half of you so called supporters will stop following our club if we do a "Leeds".

There should be age restrictions on the Internet.

Yes, please do log off here, because we don't need any more pompous, pretentious morons such as yourself, thanks.

Please STOP saying that we are haters, not true supporters or any bullshit like that!

Being a supporter doesn't mean saying positive things no matter what and being completely blind.

You also can watch the game and analyze what's going on.

To say that Torres misses controls or actions or is a lot of times off-side doesn't mean you are a hater (what a stupid word, we can't read anything else than this one now. It was a real word until some people started to use it for anything...), it just means you actually watch the game and now what's going on.

I see nobody saying "stop being fucking blindly in love with Torres".

So stop saying us to go support an other club.

I think it's the way some opinions are being portrayed.

Some people just say "Torres is shit he needs to fuck off". How is that constructive?

Its not, its just completely bagging out the player as opposed to, as you say, analyzing his game play.

Also people nitpicking at EVERYTHING he does wrong, such as a miss guided pass.

Theres no need for it. I think he knows what he's doing wrong, hes been a footballer for 25+ years.

As long as he scores winning goals for us, I don't really care about his performances.

Why the plural winning goals? Yesterday was Fernando's first winning goal in the league in his Chelsea career and it was his 48th Premier League match. Hopefully we don't have to wait that long for the next one.

Am I the only one here who gets pissed off when the stadium roars in appreciation for every small thing he does?Yesterday he won a header in the air and the crowd really found that amazing.Sometimes its really sad to know that not all of the players in the team get the same treatment.

Yep, it's ridiculous. Best example is from last season against Sunderland when Torres' bicycle kick hit the post and Lampard tapped it in from the six yard box. Everyone thought it was Torres who scored and the crowd went nuts, but when the announcer told it was Frank's goal the atmosphere soon changed like someone had just died. IMO that's just sad, especially considering what Lampard has done to the club compared to Torres.

I have to say, he was not that bad.

His attitude does suck ass.

But the problem for me is no longer in those attacking players.

It lies behind them. The Lampard and Mikel that are slowing down everything and are not good enough for a fast attacking approach.

And then the defense which is not good enough when we are more open. Terry is too slow.

A strikers job is to score goals. Earlier he wasnt scoring goals and the keyboard warriors(great terminology someone on here used) were saying,

" It does not matter if a striker is playing well, his job is to score. FACT."

Now he has stopped with his countless assists and has started scoring, so people have chosen the next reason to slate him. He scored the winning goal yesterday, and had ivanovic not been sent off in the CS , he scored a mighty important goal there as well.

Ramires should be ashamed of himself for that moment of selfishness yesterday. Cant blame Torres for that too, as he was in the right place, made the run, and when he was open on goal, and ramires had a clear super easy pass, decided to go for the spectacular on his wrong foot.

He has done all the right things, and like most players do, is growing into the season and is starting to hit full fitness, that, and gelling with the new players and understanding their style of play.

He has scored 2 goals in 3 games, while not being in the best of form. He has learnt how to dribble and win many more balls in the air than he could last season.

Im not saying dont buy another striker, if RDM wants, buy another striker to strengthen the side.

But the guy is scoring goals, and being involved in some good play with players around him, why all the hate? We are NOT in crisis like last year so there doesnt need to be a fall guy..... He is contributing and getting better, getting goals, we are 6/6 points top of the league.

There is no reason to force the doom and gloom scenario that Torres will be cause of later in the season, when he will miserably fail and wont score goals. He has shown no signs of that to deserve such an assumption.

I actually think he will be prolific this season. Not as clinical as his Liverpool days, but he will score atleast 15-20 goals in the Premiership itself this season. Thats good enough for me. about 25-30 goals in all competitions is what i expect from him, and i believe he will get his goals this season. Thats what matters most.goals.

This.

I'm not saying he was good yesterday, because he was kind of horrible, but he did what his job is, to score goal.

If it was Drogba yesterday, and not him, the majority of people would be all about how a fucking magnificient player he is, because he is shit in the whole match, but still manages to grab the winner.

A strikers job is to score goals. Earlier he wasnt scoring goals and the keyboard warriors(great terminology someone on here used) were saying,

" It does not matter if a striker is playing well, his job is to score. FACT."

Now he has stopped with his countless assists and has started scoring, so people have chosen the next reason to slate him. He scored the winning goal yesterday, and had ivanovic not been sent off in the CS , he scored a mighty important goal there as well.

Ramires should be ashamed of himself for that moment of selfishness yesterday. Cant blame Torres for that too, as he was in the right place, made the run, and when he was open on goal, and ramires had a clear super easy pass, decided to go for the spectacular on his wrong foot.

He has done all the right things, and like most players do, is growing into the season and is starting to hit full fitness, that, and gelling with the new players and understanding their style of play.

He has scored 2 goals in 3 games, while not being in the best of form. He has learnt how to dribble and win many more balls in the air than he could last season.

Im not saying dont buy another striker, if RDM wants, buy another striker to strengthen the side.

But the guy is scoring goals, and being involved in some good play with players around him, why all the hate? We are NOT in crisis like last year so there doesnt need to be a fall guy..... He is contributing and getting better, getting goals, we are 6/6 points top of the league.

There is no reason to force the doom and gloom scenario that Torres will be cause of later in the season, when he will miserably fail and wont score goals. He has shown no signs of that to deserve such an assumption.

I actually think he will be prolific this season. Not as clinical as his Liverpool days, but he will score atleast 15-20 goals in the Premiership itself this season. Thats good enough for me. about 25-30 goals in all competitions is what i expect from him, and i believe he will get his goals this season. Thats what matters most.goals.

very good points,

1) The season is 3 games old and really only hazard/mata/ashley and a few others have shown their worth to the squad.

2) He has actually scored 2 goals, which is more than what we could have said in the past and is looking more threatening this year than every other year as far as I can remember.

3) We scored 3 goals in a half irrelevant of whether it was reading, last year asking more for more than 1 goal in a half was really pushing the pedal on the lads. The fact is we are playing pretty attractively and its exciting times at the bridge. There is a saying, " If it's not broken yet don't fix it".

with all that being said, torres has been barely acceptable the last few games which is not what we want to see from him, we want the nando of old. That may never come when he could face a defender in the box and out maneuver 3 defenders. I am confident he can become a calm/cool striker he finishes the opportunities he gets. I kno its not what we paid for but we also could have seen this coming with his injury record.

Its 3 games into the season, I would be more excited as this team gels, I am becoming increasingly confident mata/hazard will keep milking goals for whoever our striker is. I am a fan of using sturridge but I admit getting cavani would be a pretty attractive option. Drogba always battled for his spot irrelevant of the competition and never complained. On top of that he seemed to thrive amongst pressure, I am a big fan of nando but if he is to continue at chelsea, he needs to accept that if he isnt putting on a world class show, he can bet his ass someone else who is capable of doing it can and will replace him.

In conclusion I think there is SOME reason for concern given his history, but I think we can agree he has been better these last 3 games and if he doesnt score against newcastle pursuing cavani would be stupid. If he had scored a CONVINCING goal or two, against reading/wigan, newcastle would not be crucial but since he didnt look so decisive, it would be irrational to not at the very least give studge a go.

Yep, it's ridiculous. Best example is from last season against Sunderland when Torres' bicycle kick hit the post and Lampard tapped it in from the six yard box. Everyone thought it was Torres who scored and the crowd went nuts, but when the announcer told it was Frank's goal the atmosphere soon changed like someone had just died. IMO that's just sad, especially considering what Lampard has done to the club compared to Torres.

Sigh, obvious exaggeration. Here is the goal

http://www.golofans.com/chelsea-vs-sunderland-1-0-lampard-goal/5642/

The atmosphere did not change, some people were obviously gutted for Torres because it was a superb strike, but it's a Chelsea goal none the less and many cheered.

This.

I'm not saying he was good yesterday, because he was kind of horrible, but he did what his job is, to score goal.

If it was Drogba yesterday, and not him, the majority of people would be all about how a fucking magnificient player he is, because he is shit in the whole match, but still manages to grab the winner.

haha SO true. Quite funny really. People dont want him to do well. The drogba example is perfect.

"Drogba may not have done too much in the game, but when it mattered most, he scored. LEGEND."

He is a legend, but Torres did exactly that yesterday, but he was crap, and it was offside, lucky goal,,,, OMFG, give him a break.

Many here were saying that this is a make or break season for torres this season, and i agreed, but now that he is making rather than breaking, people are hellbent on rubbishing him already.

This is a make or break SEASON, not 3 games, in which it just happens to be that hes got 2 goals already.

How many times did he either receive the ball and completely slow down all play or just had a terrible first touch and lost it yesterday? Was infuriating to look at. Not surprised there's still people defending him no matter what and trying their best to come up with excuses for him consistently being a class or two below anyone on the team, Chelsea needs a top striker to really be a title challenger this season.

Am I the only one here who gets pissed off when the stadium roars in appreciation for every small thing he does?Yesterday he won a header in the air and the crowd really found that amazing.Sometimes its really sad to know that not all of the players in the team get the same treatment.

I do find that pathetic!

Not even Kalou got this much love despite doing better then a 50 million men.

I think its because the whole footballing world seems to be on his back so us/ our own fans go out their way to show support for our player and get behind him... If we as chelsea fans turn against torres then he has no hope of ever getting back to the level he once was at... He is our striker in our team and the one we are relying on to get us goals up top at the moment, no good can come from not getting behind him. He knows more than anyone he needs to pick it up, we are just trying to build confidence etc.

sorry guys but I thought torres did pretty well at the CS and the last game too, and I was against his move from day one because I told he was on the decline because of his injurys... but he did some great stuff on the pitch and had some nice flips and tricks... well done for him... he seems to get nearer to his old self every minute he gets on the pitch...

so stop complaining when he has a good string of games... if he starts to play like crap you can come back at him...

As long as he scores winning goals for us, I don't really care about his performances.

That was his first winner in the League, I personally have the same opinion if he starts winning us matches constantly than I don't care if his overall game is lacking. Problem with Torres is his apologists, who expect us to forget the last 2 years and take our cocks out whenever he doesn't miss control a ball.

If you lot didn't make a god damn compilation of Torres fixing his hair while tearing into other Chelsea players, I'd probably not even enter this thread too many times.

In any case, for a "World Class" player his contribution is lacking and I'm feel in the coming months as the rest of the squad gels together it would be pretty apparent who the weak link is. He is going to be under more scrutiny unless we sign another striker or he looses the undropable status he seems to hold at the moment.

Didn't read any of the earlier posts tbh.

Very confident in Torres this season - playing with other players that are football intelligent - now he has a few players trying to pick him out and spot his runs rather than just Juan Mata.

I like what I see so far.