UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

One of the easiest draws we could get. They are the sixth place team in a crappy league. They had one big win at Athletico but a season's worth of mediocrity is more indicative of their ability than one game. An easy win at home (especially without conceding) would allow Chelsea to rest some players on the way leg and maybe not even subject them to the travel.

tottenham have progressed barely in both their last rounds. i wont be suprised if they are knocked out by benfica or lazio. the point is we can deal better with "big games" at the end of the season rather than now. right now we need to concentrate on league, open up a big gap between us and arsenal (which can be quite possible considering we are already 5 points ahead, and i realistically expect us to be 7-8 points ahead by the end of this week). also getting tottenham in this round would be the worst thing. we will have to play southampton, united and tottenham (in that order) in 6 days and every1 can guess that we will end up playing a weak side against southampton and losing points there and play our strongest team against united and spurs.

Well we will play strongest team against any opponent anyway. And dont expect that Rubin wont be a difficult opponent. And the trip to russia...geting spurs would mean shorter travel and well known opponent. Rubin is not.

I realy hope we play Ake, Bertrand, Marin,...because its fucking europa league. But Rafa probably thinks its equal to CL and he wants to win it to 'prove' something.

One of the easiest draws we could get. They are the sixth place team in a crappy league. They had one big win at Athletico but a season's worth of mediocrity is more indicative of their ability than one game. An easy win at home (especially without conceding) would allow Chelsea to rest some players on the way leg and maybe not even subject them to the travel.

We had problems with Slavia and Steaua and you expect easy win over Kazan? Werent they the last team that won against barca at home in CL?

Sixth or not, they have Rondon, Mvila,...those are well known players. Not saying we wont beat them, but its unpredictable.

We had problems with Slavia and Steaua and you expect easy win over Kazan? Werent they the last team that won against barca at home in CL?

Sixth or not, they have Rondon, Mvila,...those are well known players. Not saying we wont beat them, but its unpredictable.

Anyone can beat anyone, but we'd be heavily favoured. We are the fifth ranked team in UEFA's coefficient. Kazan is 42nd. I don't think they have a single player who would play regularly for Chelsea. Rondon was a servicable striker in Spain and M'Vila is an overrated headcase. I'm not saying we're going to win, but this is not Spurs or Lazio or even Benfica in terms of talent.

He also went for the ruble aye :(

He is a rubbish player anyway. The culture in France must be rotten because look at some of the players the are producing:

Franck Ribery

Samir Nasri

Yan M'Vila

Hatem Ben Arfa

Mamadou Sakho

Patrice Evra

They all have rotten personalities. Some more so than others. Some not at all. But the higher proportion of arrogant Frog is ridiculous.

Well, we can really thank Inter for not progressing. Just imagine us travelling to Russia while Spurs having a week off. It's Basel for them but still, it's a game.

BUT if we progress to the FA Cup SF, we'll be facing Man City that weekend rather than Spurs which obviously means they would have a free week to prepare for that game while we'll be in Russia! :doh:

Oh look. Now Rubin Kazan is requesting the home against us to be played in Kazan, instead of Moscow where they have been playing their EL home games this season.

The venue for our Europa League quarter-final second leg away to Rubin Kazan is expected to be confirmed early next week.

Our opponents have played their knockout games in this season's competition at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow, but have requested to UEFA that the game on April 11 takes place at their own Central Stadium in Kazan.

That will be subject to a pitch inspection by UEFA, likely to happen in the early part of next week.

More information will appear here on the official Chelsea website when it becomes available.

We should be strong enough to not lose either game and win this over two legs. The trip to Russia, playing in tough conditions against a decent side will give our new young players some added metal and experience to their game. This season is a learning process I think for our team to become a unit for next year. It's these big European nights which bind players together.

I'm confident we will make the semi finals and then who knows!