UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

CHELSEA: HISTORY MAKERS?

"It dawned on me recently that if Chelsea were to go on and win the Europa League this year on 15 May that, for a period of 10 days, they would be the holders of both major European trophies (as well as being technically the holders of the Cup-Winners' Cup)," wonders Brian Quinn. "Has there ever been another brief period like this when a team held two European honours simultaneously? Perhaps going back to when there were three distinct European competitions?"

Chelsea will indeed claim a unique honour if they triumph at the Amsterdam Arena in May. Only four sides have ever won different European competitions in consecutive years – Juventus, Milan, Porto and Liverpool - and in each instance the teams were deposed as holders of one trophy before getting their hands on the other.

Milan won the much-missed Cup Winners' Cup on 23 May 1968, but Slovan Bratislava were crowned the new champions on 21 May 1969, seven days before Milan hammered Ajax in the Bernabéu to win the 1969 European Cup. Similarly Juventus won the Cup Winners' Cup on 16 May 1984, but Everton won that tournament almost exactly a year later on 15 May 1985, a fortnight before Juventus won the European Cup in a final overshadowed by the Heysel tragedy.

Likewise, Porto fell a week short in 2002-03 and 2003-04 after winning the Uefa Cup then the Champions League under Jose Mourinho, as did Liverpool between their Uefa Cup and European Cup wins in 1975-76 and 1976-77.

Mister Gigi Becali is a good person, stop saying bad things about him.

He comes once a month to a monastery I usually go to and he makes substantial donations without asking anything in return, except some alone time with the sheep because he really loves sheep. It is said that some of the sheep commit suicide soon after so this is proof that he is a holy man and the sheep have been enlightened by his holiness and do not wish to be a part of this cruel world any more. They seek the afterlife, where they will party for all eternity with 7 virgins....7 hills of virgin grass I mean. To make things even clearer, Mr. Gigi only allows the cleanest of the sheep in his bedroom and he especially asks for the wool from their behind to be trimmed (in order for them to not get feces on it, I guess, because Mr. Gigi feeds them the finest grass inside his bedroom...I think). He needs the sheep so he can keep in toosh with nature before he goes to sleep.

There is no holier person than Mr. Gigi so don't be mean!

Mister Gigi Becali is a good person, stop saying bad things about him.

He comes once a month to a monastery I usually go to and he makes substantial donations without asking anything in return, except some alone time with the sheep because he really loves sheep. It is said that some of the sheep commit suicide soon after so this is proof that he is a holy man and the sheep have been enlightened by his holiness and do not wish to be a part of this cruel world any more. They seek the afterlife, where they will party for all eternity with 7 virgins....7 hills of virgin grass I mean. To make things even clearer, Mr. Gigi only allows the cleanest of the sheep in his bedroom and he especially asks for the wool from their behind to be trimmed (in order for them to not get feces on it, I guess, because Mr. Gigi feeds them the finest grass inside his bedroom...I think). He needs the sheep so he can keep in toosh with nature before he goes to sleep.

There is no holier person than Mr. Gigi so don't be mean!

You don't say :Goober:

I am completely confident that we'll destroy them. We always have a run of sloppy games and then slaughter teams and dominate for at least 1 half. I'm expecting Torres to actually get a goal this time, probably a header, and then 2 from Hazard, maybe 1 from Lampard or Azpi (I just see him scoring, not sure why.)

what do you say now?

Last 8 teams:

1. Rubin Kazan

2. Basel

3. Tottenham

4. Benfica

5. Chelsea

6. Fenerbahce

7. Lazio

8. Newcastle

The draw will take place tomorrow at 11.40am UK time and there will be no restrictions for the draw, meaning any team can face any team, even the ones from the same country.

And if anyone is interested, the Champions League quarter final draw will take place at 11am UK time tomorrow.

Tottenham please... Me and my mate who is a tottenham fan have an agreement that we will both go home and away of we get each other... Would be a great final but getting tickets would be a bitch...

And it would mean we wouldn't have far to travel...

Failing that newcastle... Don't really want to have to travel on a Thursday night with a potentially crucial maths at the weekend.

rubin kazan/fene. not basel. i have seen some of their european matches and those guys can dig their heels meaning we will probably end up not scoring at their home and with their speedy wingers and good counter attacks, i see them being a big problem for us.

how relaxing is this draw! compared to CL last year, we had to dodge bayern, barca, madrid, man utd. the worst we can get is spuds here.

Those bitches were already knocked out of the EL by Athletic Bilbao.