UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

I am really scared about this tie. Specially we had such a hard time against Sparta Prague.

Steaua are not bad at all. Even though I hate this team more than I hate early mornings, I have to admit that this season has been great for them.

I just hope that we treat this with maximum seriousness.

Looks very winnable now this tournament. The 2 English sides will obviously be tough to knock out as would Anzi and Inter but we are the best team left. Never seen us play against Steaua so it's always nice seeing us play different teams. Hope we get through that more comfortably than that last tie. I think it would be great to win this, can also get back in the Super Cup if we do. Just hope the players want it as much as some of us.

It doesn't have to be this or that.We can finish 2nd, win the FA Cup and the Europa League. Why not? This is about the stage last season where we went on a good run and won the FA Cup and a European trophy, let's do it again.

And finished 6th in the league.

I am completely confident that we'll destroy them. We always have a run of sloppy games and then slaughter teams and dominate for at least 1 half. I'm expecting Torres to actually get a goal this time, probably a header, and then 2 from Hazard, maybe 1 from Lampard or Azpi (I just see him scoring, not sure why.)

They are better than Torres...

I'm gonna have to break it to you: all of their strikers are actually worse than Torres. The attack is their weakest point, along with the goalkeeper. On the other hand, they have good defenders, specially Chiricheş and Latovlevici. Their most dangerous midfielders are Adi Popa and Chipciu, both very fast and technically gifted.

If Chelsea would play like the fucking champions of Europe that we are, there should be no problem for us when it comes to qualifying. Our lack of attitude is what I fear the most. Most of the time is like these players don't even realize which club they are playing for. We are the CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE, we should be treated with respect and we should be feared by the opponents. That's what the manager should tell them before any game. We don't have that positive arrogance that we used to have in the good old Mourinho days. If we would play with that kind of an attitude, we would destroy Steaua for sure.

Stuttgart beat them by 5-1 in Bucharest exactly thanks to being determined.

I'm gonna have to break it to you: all of their strikers are actually worse than Torres. The attack is their weakest point, along with the goalkeeper. On the other hand, they have good defenders, specially Chiricheş and Latovlevici. Their most dangerous midfielders are Adi Popa and Chipciu, both very fast and technically gifted.

If Chelsea would play like the fucking champions of Europe that we are, there should be no problem for us when it comes to qualifying. Our lack of attitude is what I fear the most. Most of the time is like these players don't even realize which club they are playing for. We are the CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE, we should be treated with respect and we should be feared by the opponents. That's what the manager should tell them before any game. We don't have that positive arrogance that we used to have in the good old Mourinho days. If we would play with that kind of an attitude, we would destroy Steaua for sure.

Stuttgart beat them by 5-1 in Bucharest exactly thanks to being determined.

Thanks mate!

I was onyl having a good laugh, but it is always good to have some info. I will be honest and say I have no clue on how they play or how good they are...

Is anyone going to Bucharest game and have they got a spare ticket!

Flying out Wednesday morning and can't get ticket from Club as they won't sell to non member!

Anyone know anyone going or who has a spare please?

Cheers Blues!

Some say Roman is crazy but Gigi Becali, owner of Steaua is on a whole other level of crazy. Here's a good collection of Becali hilarity :

Becali has received an award for being the most homophobic person in Romania, has called a black television presenter 'an ape' and has admitted that he is 'not a civilised man'.

A right-wing Christian, he has said he will create special neighbourhoods where homosexuals can live so that they do not disturb the rest of the population. He has a strong xenophobic streak and seems to hate Hungarians, having recently said that the top-flight team Cluj should not be allowed to play in the Romanian league because they have an owner with Hungarian background.

"I will play only religious songs before the matches, because I'm the one who pays and this is the way I like it. I will take out the song We Will Rock You. Why play that song? So the players kill each other? Whoever wants to hear devil's music should not come to my stadium" - Steaua Bucharest owner Gigi Becali outlines his playlist reforms at the Stadion Ghencea.

Steaua Bucharest's Gigi Becali, April - denied charges of kidnapping three men who stole his Merc. Previous best Gigi moments: becomes billionaire; sets up far-right Christian Democrat party; pledges to "cure gays"; commissions a reproduction of the Last Supper with himself as Christ; calls a black TV presenter an "ape"; and sacks a Turkish coach for "being too Muslim".

Disciplinary news: Gigi Becali given a "formal warning" by a Romanian government agency for cancelling a transfer last year because he thought the player was gay ("I'd rather dissolve the club than allow a gay to join Steaua").

Romania: Steaua owner Gigi Becali says League president Dumitru Dragomir "must be beaten" for "humiliating" Steaua during talks over a new TV deal, and for "corrupting football". Dragomir: "Only a moron could think like him. He's illiterate." In 2008 Becali said Dragomir called him "a retard": "In return, I called him a tramp. Then we had a fight."

Romania: Steaua owner Gigi Becali, asked on live TV how he feels about Rapid Bucharest president Dinu Gheorghe making public reference to Becali's first job as a shepherd. "What? He is a filthy jerk. A fat bum. I'll force this Gypsy back up his mother. I'm tired of him, all his irony and jokes. He forces me to lose control! He's way out of line."

Romania: Steaua owner Gigi Becali says holding a press conference last week to "clear the air" and say sorry to "everyone I offended this year" made him feel better. Making it on to Gigi's list:

• Rapid Bucharest owner George Copos: "I'm sorry for what I called him. He never answers back. I don't judge him. Yes, he's cheap, but let God judge everyone, I don't have to do it."
• Sexual minorities: "I apologise to them. It's their problem, their disease, not mine. You ask me if I still think it's a sin? Of course it's a sin. I always speak my mind."
• Other religions: "I'm sorry to all of the religions, the cults. But I do have my views. Jehovah's Witnesses are on the way to perdition."
• Plus Steaua's fans: "I'm sorry for offending them. Apart from the ones who called for me to die just before Easter. They are possessed by Satan."
Gigi's conclusion: "That feels better, I feel reborn. And it'll make Satan crazy: he hates it when a soul gets cleaner. But I didn't just do this for me. I'm an inspiration to millions."

Steaua owner Gigi Becali's week: a) says fans who stoned his Rolls Royce must be "jailed for 10 years … I will show no mercy, I won't back down"; and B) says outgoing FC Dinamo chairman Cristian Borcea's decision to divorce his wife and marry a model is "fine by God". "A man can choose. As God said: man is man and woman is whore." Becali says he'll be "spiritual advisor" at the wedding ("I have a connection with Christ") and will invite Shakira as a tribute to Borcea's trademark belly-dancing goal celebration. "With Gigi there, what a fairytale this will be."

Romania: Steaua owner Gigi Becali says his offer to pay Universitatea Craiova players €5k each if they beat Steaua's rivals for a European place was "totally legitimate sponsorship". "Nobody can say it's wrong. If anything bad happens to me after this I will take it to court. This is my money."

New from Gigi Becali, asked about the future of Steaua's general manager Mihai Stoica. "You really think he doesn't know what will happen to him, if we fail? God help him. Jihad will begin."

Romania: Press say Steaua owner Gigi Becali "caught fire" after Dinamo mocked his past as a shepherd by putting images of him surrounded by sheep on their big screen. "You know who owns Dinamo? A communist gypsy and a man who sleeps with men. Yes, sure, I was a shepherd, I milked the sheep, I like sheep, get over it. I'd rather milk sheep than do men." Shareholder Dragos Savulescu said Becali had apologised. "I'm totally heterosexual."

Romania: CFR Cluj owner Arpad Paszkany on Steaua owner Gigi Becali's claim that his club buys referees. "Total coward. He hides behind a microphone. Let's solve this like men, in a ring, with fists and feet, no rules. The ratings would be immense. I would take Becali. We'd see what a man he is."• Becali, live on GSP TV: "You want in the ring, let's get in the ring, bitch. I'll break your arms and legs. Let's take guns too. Let us shoot with guns."

Romania: Steaua's owner Gigi Becali on his plans for 2012: "This year, I intend to not argue with anyone. God will like that." Becali said he plans to buy "3,000-4,000 sheep" and watch them graze to help stay cool. "I am hypersensitive. The slightest thing can affect me. But sheep, they calm my soul."

Latest on Gigi Becali's new year pledge to "calm my soul ... I intend not to argue with anyone in 2012. God will like that." 1) Calls St-Etienne's manager a "beggar"; 2) Says referees are thieves and calls for strike action; 3) Offers Dinamo shareholder and godson Cristi Borcea "jihad" over a transfer dispute. "He wants jihad? He can have it. You'll see who wins. If there's jihad to be had, I have it."

Romania: Steaua owner Gigi Becali's new ambition: "I want to be prime minister, so I can be Christ's general on earth. This country needs 5,000 Becalis – but even with 100 we'd be better than Germany or France. Becali is love – love draws me to people in need. All that I do, I do for Jesus."

Romania: Gigi Becali says he'll win in court next month after being sued for calling Dinamo co-owner Dragos Savulescu "a man who sleeps with men". Becali: "He wants €2.5m damages. What damages? I have 30 witnesses." Savulescu: "He's a thick, primitive brute. At first I was amused by this person. Now, I am not."

Romania: Steaua owner Gigi Becali, asked if he plans to back down after referee Cristian Balaj sued for libel, unhappy at being called "a thief who must be jailed". Becali: "Serious? He wants €500,000 damages? I'll give him 500 blows over the head with a stick, right in front of the judges."

Romania: Gigi Becali, celebrating St George's Day by "blessing all Romanians": "I'm glad God made me so loving. My ability to love is just like Messi's talent: I was born like this, full of love for all." Plus: "I ask only one thing of St George: that he gives me the strength to inspire a win against Rapid. Please, let me beat those gypsies."

Keeping a low profile over the summer: Steaua owner Gigi Becali – settling for a general warning to Romanians to stay away from Lady Gaga's tour. "She's a disciple of Satan. She probably doesn't even realise she's possessed. When we see her we must spit. That's what a Christian does. That's what I do."

Romania: Steaua owner Gigi Becali, denying racist leanings: "Nobody's nicer to gypsies than me. And I have nothing against blacks – sorry, 'African-Americans'. I just don't sign blacks because they're not suitable. They don't play well in our weather."

l1m9yNY.jpg
(Actual paintings of himself he got in his house)