UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

• 5 weeks later...

We will now face Steaua Bucharest in the Last 16 after the Romanian side beat Ajax 4-2 on penalties tonight. They won 2-0 with the tie ended 2-2 on aggregate.

Full Last 16 ties:

Viktoria Plzen v Fenerbahce

Benfica v Bordeaux

Anzhi v Newcastle

Stuttgart v Lazio

Tottenham v Inter Milan

Levante v Rubin Kazan

Basel v Zenit

Steaua Bucharest v Chelsea

The first leg will be played on 7th March before the return leg on 14th March.

So, we'll be away in Romania first before playing at the Bridge.

Ooh nice fixtures ;)

Spurs and Newcastle have tough ties

Also Steau will be a pretty decent team to face, good in possession and can score. Gonna be a good game

Incidentally my mate at work (ManUre fan) reckons we'll sack Benitez before playing them, get a lift effect and slaughter them. He said unbelievably they only beat us because of the ref last time. Fair play to him.

I can't believe our board cannot see what our arch rivals see? A fucking joke of a manager!!!!

does this mean our game at home to West Ham on Saturday 16th will get moved to Sunday 17th?

Of course.

And just realized if we get past Boro next Wednesday, then we'll face Man United in the FA Cup in between the two matches against S.Bucharest. If the Boro tie goes to a replay, then I think the replay will be played in between those 2 legs.

On the other hand, IF we get KOed by Boro in midweek, then we'll play Fulham away in the league in between those 2 matches.

Looks very winnable now this tournament. The 2 English sides will obviously be tough to knock out as would Anzi and Inter but we are the best team left. Never seen us play against Steaua so it's always nice seeing us play different teams. Hope we get through that more comfortably than that last tie. I think it would be great to win this, can also get back in the Super Cup if we do. Just hope the players want it as much as some of us.

It doesn't have to be this or that.We can finish 2nd, win the FA Cup and the Europa League. Why not? This is about the stage last season where we went on a good run and won the FA Cup and a European trophy, let's do it again.