UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

1. Rubin Kazan - no russia please, but i would be nice game to see.

2. Basel - ok, good team, we would probably lost because we would underestating them

3. Tottenham - yeah just to beat them

4. Benfica - ok, we beated them last year, could be nasty as they want revenge

5. Fenerbahce - no Turkey please. I feel someone will get injured if we draw them

6. Lazio - hoping for them, best team among top 8. They would be nice challenge and I want to see Hernanes play vs us.

7. Newcastle - I want international opponent...

---

LAZIO OR SPURS

I dont understand people wanting Spurs, really...

All we dont need is two highly intense fixtures to acumulate mental and physical fatigue and deviate focus from the league!

this. exactly this. we will be playing this 3 days after our FA Cup replay against United. hope we get Basel or Newcastle..

I dont understand people wanting Spurs, really...

All we dont need is two highly intense fixtures to acumulate mental and physical fatigue and deviate focus from the league!

Well its either we lose as soon as possible or we win it. No point of making it to the final with all extra games and then lose...getting hardest opponent now is less painful than getting pass some easy team (or be humiliated by it) and then play in next round vs Spurs.

A good opponent will tell us where we are at the moment. If players will be so tired after it, then it will be experience for the future that we must never play strongest team in 'smaller' competitions...u know we can always play youth players...

Well its either we lose as soon as possible or we win it. No point of making it to the final with all extra games and then lose...getting hardest opponent now is less painful than getting pass some easy team (or be humiliated by it) and then play in next round vs Spurs.

A good opponent will tell us where we are at the moment. If players will be so tired after it, then it will be experience for the future that we must never play strongest team in 'smaller' competitions...u know we can always play youth players...

tottenham have progressed barely in both their last rounds. i wont be suprised if they are knocked out by benfica or lazio. the point is we can deal better with "big games" at the end of the season rather than now. right now we need to concentrate on league, open up a big gap between us and arsenal (which can be quite possible considering we are already 5 points ahead, and i realistically expect us to be 7-8 points ahead by the end of this week). also getting tottenham in this round would be the worst thing. we will have to play southampton, united and tottenham (in that order) in 6 days and every1 can guess that we will end up playing a weak side against southampton and losing points there and play our strongest team against united and spurs.

good draw... win the first leg at home comfortably that is 3-0/4-1/4-0 ish then send few selected players to freeze out in russia. all in all, i think we got the best draw, specially when it means playing at home in that insane first week of april... cant see us screwing this up...

btw come on basel, fenebarance and newcastle...