UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

That's right , I forgot about them but it doesn't matter really because Zlatan and cavani, starters for PSG and way superior to Oscar and willian . . . . .

True but they don't play in the same area. You are correct to compare Zlatan and Cavani to Eto and Toress, but Willian and Oscar should be compared to their offensive midfield in my opinion.

True but they don't play in the same area. You are correct to compare Zlatan and Cavani to Eto and Toress, but Willian and Oscar should be compared to their offensive midfield in my opinion.

Cavani plays as a winger for PSG. Sometimes, they go 2 up top, but most of the time he's a winger.

because jose has played 4-3-3 against the better sides every match......

When did you start following the team. Oscar been bench against the better teams for a while now.

I have been following the team since 1996 thank you for reminding me. Don't know how old you were but that is not the argument. Oscar didn't start when he was on LOWEST form. But ever since he starting improving he has been starting.

I have been following the team since 1996 thank you for reminding me. Don't know how old you were but that is not the argument. Oscar didn't start when he was on LOWEST form. But ever since he starting improving he has been starting.

NO. When Jose plays 4-3-3. Jose does not play Oscar.

It's not my opinion on Oscar worth, it's what Jose does when he plays a specific formation.

You followed Chelsea since 1996, yet your favorite player is a player that has not even started a game for Chelsea... the irony

Was going to say it is pretty even draw, but after reading the past couple of pages I'll say that we are the clear favorites to beat this shit PSG team. In fact, we're already in the semis if you ask me..

Just to piss off those who are addicted to pessimism :D

Sorry, but PSG is a much better team than everyone is making out!

No, they are not in Real or Bayern's level (as I was discussin some days ago), but they are pretty damn good. They will be a very tough opponent.

We have a better defence, with a better keeper and a stelar manager. However, their midfield and attack is more consistent than ours by quite a distance. It is fifty-fifty in my opinion!

Those who say they are not a unit or that they are just a bunch of players playing for money (who isnt?) are completely stupid. More like brainwashed by this "Premier League" bubble. All one got to do is actually watch them play under Blanc to see they are a very decent side!!!

I still believe we will go through, but fuck, it will be hard...

It's not my opinion on Oscar worth, it's what Jose does when he plays a specific formation.

You are still assuming that Jose will change his formation for the sake of PSG! Nevermind, don't see it happening anyways in my opinion. Can't sacrifice the midfield and give it on a silver platter to PSG

I'm also not so convinced their midfield is as dynamic as ours. Matuidi, Motta, Veratti and Cabaye can be bested by Luiz(if called upon), Mikel, Ramires and Lampard. As always we look at the other teams midfield and think they are better off. How many wars of attrition has that lot been in against vs Chelsea's? Not even worth discussing. We're battle tested they aren't.

The test will come from their forwards vs. our defenders... Zlatan likes to play as a 10 sort of so he could be replacing Hamsik with Lavezzi(having and off year) and Cavani. Moura is a fantastic change of pace guy who can cause problems in counter attacking situations.

Honestly I was comfortable before we drew them and I remain the same. We should, if we play to our strengths, be able to get through this unscathed.

Not sure why people think PSG haven't been tested. They walk the Ligue 1 every year so their focus every year is entirely on the CL. They almost knocked out Barca last year in the CL, while going toe-to-toe, not sitting back and they got better this year. Not an easy draw at all. I'd say it's 50/50 right now.

While, they have a great attack, we have a good defence. Where I do worry is that, we may be able to stop them to some extent but will we be able to score? Especially when we'll most likely be playing on the counter and their fullbacks + Silva have good pace and Matuidi also works like a dog.

We MUST take our chances. 1-1 in Paris and 1-1 in London witch a winner in ET maybe. Very very close.

Got to take our chances otherwise the defence will be put under too much pressure, and with Cavani and Ibra you have to think if we give them too many chances, they will eventually break through. Wish we had Matic available and a better striker.

You followed Chelsea since 1996, yet your favorite player is a player that has not even started a game for Chelsea... the irony

Oscar played against West Ham away when we played 433. It's simply that we haven't played that formation much.

Those who say they are not a unit or that they are just a bunch of players playing for money (who isnt?) are completely stupid. More like brainwashed by this "Premier League" bubble. All one got to do is actually watch them play under Blanc to see they are a very decent side!!!

Because Zlatan wouldn't earn hundreds of thousands of Euros playing in a TOP league. It might not be as much, but you have to be less naive about players (and their 'peoples') reasons for doing things.

I'm not begrudging them that choice (Eto'o made a similar one and JT rinsed more than enough money out of us) but these players aren't playing in the French league because it's the best competition in the world.

As for being 'brainwashed' by a 'Premier League' bubble, isn't that a bit rich coming from a Brazilian with no connection to Chelsea Football Club whatsoever?? There's a reason you're on this forum, because the Premier League is one of the top leagues and Chelsea is one of the top clubs and because marketing men TOLD you to support this club.

Give it a rest?

What the hell you talking about? People go to Real Madrid cause they pay good and challenge for trophies.

Do you think people will go to Real Madrid out of the purity of their hearts if their budget was that of Wigan?

You give it a rest!

If you read the start of the debate. The issue was why people were saying players go to PSG MAINLY for the money. I have no idea how you can compare PSG to RM. A club with almost no history, and the other club is the most successful club team in Europe!

In my opinion, we'll go through because we'll play a classic Mourinho counter-attacking game which PSG, full-backs in particular, won't be able to handle. It won't be easy though. We can't have any inconsistencies from the likes of WIllian/Schurrle/Oscar.

Oscar played against West Ham away when we played 433. It's simply that we haven't played that formation much.

Because Zlatan wouldn't earn hundreds of thousands of Euros playing in a TOP league. It might not be as much, but you have to be less naive about players (and their 'peoples') reasons for doing things.

I'm not begrudging them that choice (Eto'o made a similar one and JT rinsed more than enough money out of us) but these players aren't playing in the French league because it's the best competition in the world.

As for being 'brainwashed' by a 'Premier League' bubble, isn't that a bit rich coming from a Brazilian with no connection to Chelsea Football Club whatsoever?? There's a reason you're on this forum, because the Premier League is one of the top leagues and Chelsea is one of the top clubs and because marketing men TOLD you to support this club.

That true. However, West ham sucks.. You and I both know PSG is not west ham and Mourinho will probably not play oscar.

Also, the French league have a ton of great players....

Falcao, Rodriguez, moutinho, kondigbo and the u20 talent in france is amazing.

Give it a rest?

What the hell you talking about? People go to Real Madrid cause they pay good and challenge for trophies.

Do you think people will go to Real Madrid out of the purity of their hearts if their budget was that of Wigan?

You give it a rest!

People go to Real Madrid because it's Real Madrid, because they play in one of the top leagues in the world and because those things have a strong monetary value.

Players are going to PSG because of money.

Top players with ambition don't go to the French league. Zidane, Henry, Ronaldinho, Drogba, Hazard, Varane, Zouma, Barthez etc. didn't choose to spend their best days in France for a reason.

If you read the start of the debate. The issue was why people were saying players go to PSG MAINLY for the money. I have no idea how you can compare PSG to RM. A club with almost no history, and the other club is the most successful club team in Europe!

hmmm the same thing people where saying about Chelsea when Roman came, a club with no history.

But in today's modern game, if you have the money you make the history.

Not everyone can be at Real Madrid, so players will go to club who can also challenge and pay good.

hmmm the same thing people where saying about Chelsea when Roman came, a club with no history.

But in today's modern game, if you have the money you make the history.

Not everyone can be at Real Madrid, so players will go to club who can also challenge and pay good.

I guess so, but Chelsea have done what PSG are trying to emulate.

That true. However, West ham sucks.. You and I both know PSG is not west ham and Mourinho will probably not play oscar.

Also, the French league have a ton of great players....

Falcao, Rodriguez, moutinho, kondigbo and the u20 talent in france is amazing.

So Monaco's players go to Monaco for the atmosphere and not for the money??

Good on them, especially Ricci and Claudio. Monaco is probably one of the best places on Earth to retire to and that's what these players have opted to do.

If the under-20 talent is any good then they'll do what all great players in France do - leave.