UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Why is PSG players playing for money, but we are not?

Why are we a proper team and they are not. We are both leaders in our respective leagues with exceptional individuals.

We got some great men and real leaders, yet PSG don't? PSG have Thiago Silva, the only person in the world that can possibly mark Messi. I think you discredit PSG too much. PSG is a very good side. They would been a lot better had Carlo stayed on, however, the team as a unit is very good.

Van der Weil-Silva-marquinhos/alex-digne all are pacey. It's going to be a good match, but I wouldn't bet on us to win.

Because we are the only team on earth that pays its players peanut and majority of these peanuts is then voluntarily donated to charities all over the country and it's been a lifelong dream of every single player in our squad to play for Chelsea. haven't you heard?

discrediting the opposition as a way of building confidence is usually a sign of fear and insecurity.

Why is PSG players playing for money, but we are not?

Why are we a proper team and they are not. We are both leaders in our respective leagues with exceptional individuals.

We got some great men and real leaders, yet PSG don't? PSG have Thiago Silva, the only person in the world that can possibly mark Messi. I think you discredit PSG too much. PSG is a very good side. They would been a lot better had Carlo stayed on, however, the team as a unit is very good.

Van der Weil-Silva-marquinhos/alex-digne all are pacey. It's going to be a good match, but I wouldn't bet on us to win.

Zlatan, Thiago Silva etc. are all top players who could play in a top league, but they don't. They're in Paris because there's plenty of non-FFP compliant money to be had.

Plus it's great for their reputations to put in world-class performances on the flattest of wickets. It's like when Eto'o went to Anzhi - I don't begrudge him that because the paid him a fuckload of money, but they're not testing themselves against the toughest opposition week in and week out.

PSG might be top of the league but who's second? A team who play in front of one man and his dog and are only where they are because of a joke tax system.

Cut the bullshit, most players play for money.

This is a dumb and stupid argument to bring up whoever brings it up for any team.

Because it's bullshit to say that they aren't playing in a less prestigious league because they earn more for less work. That's not a criticism - any of us would probably love a similar deal - but lets not pretend that winning the French league is on a player's bucket list.

This is a dumb and stupid argument to bring up for any team.

As far our chances against PSG, I said it's good.

We just need to neutralize Zlatan and most of the damage should be contain.

Exactly. people think our players dont play for money, yet we pay tier 1 level in wages and transfer fees...

Because it's bullshit to say that they aren't playing in a less prestigious league because they earn more for less work. That's not a criticism - any of us would probably love a similar deal - but lets not pretend that winning the French league is on a player's bucket list.

Winning the CL is the most important thing. PSG build a team for the CL mostly.

What more can you want? Get pay good and play the CL?

I'm quite happy for PSG to have the mantle of 'favorites' no problems at all, I mean they have the all singing all dancing dare to Zlatan, the perfect Thiago Silva the free scoring Cavani and are cruising the Ligue 1 table by some margin.

But what will happen if we beat them? Oh yes, we will of got lucky. Because nobody could possibly beat this huge, European giant in PSG.

Thats our only advantage....... sadly

Are you serious? Lavezzi is having one of his worst season, Menez can't even make the bench anymore, Moura isn't settled yet and Pastore is overrated and will leave at the end of the season.

Our back 4 is as good as them if not better (Silva aside), our midfield can be compared to their.

Our Ams are betters (but struggled to be creative enough (Hazard aside).

Only their strikers are really better than ours.

Mourinho vs Blanc is where they should fear us the most !

I'm quite disappointed that the biggest names like Bayern, Real and Barcelona are not playing each other. That would be very helpful for our campaign.

You're also quite cowardly. We're gonna have to beat the best teams to win it anyways.

This is a dumb and stupid argument to bring up for any team.

As far our chances against PSG, I said it's good.

We just need to neutralize Zlatan and most of the damage should be contain.

More than others. Do you think Ibra wouldn't agree a pay cut to join Real Madrid?!

Give it a rest!

I feel we're destined for a Real Madrid draw... I just feel it.

I wouldn't mind facing PSG or obviously Utd.

Careful what you wish for!

Honestly think we match up well with this team, though I don't think they've faced a tough side all year. Their domestic league is poor and in the group stages they played Anderlecht, Benfica and Olympiacos... They just knocked out Bayer Leverkusen.

Have they even been tested? Have they seen a side that boasts Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Eto'o? A defense the some of the greatest attacking sides in Europe find it hard to penetrate in City, Bayern, Liverpool?

I fancy Jose to do what is needed to get us through to the semis...

Are you serious? Lavezzi is having one of his worst season, Menez can't even make the bench anymore, Moura isn't settled yet and Pastore is overrated and will leave at the end of the season.

Our back 4 is as good as them if not better (Silva aside), our midfield can be compared to their.

Our Ams are betters (but struggled to be creative enough (Hazard aside).

Only their strikers are really better than us.

Mourinho vs Blanc is where they should fear us the most !

Lavezzi has 5 goals in his last 7 games. Menez sucks, no question. I dont think pastore sucks, but I don't think PSG was a good move for him. Lucas has been playing decent as of late..

For us, oscar and willian are out of form and hazard has played every game this year and will continue until the cl tie.

Their back 4 are athletic and good. I can bet Hazard will be marked out the whole game...

Their Cm are substantially better than ours. Cabaye, matudi, verrati and motta and raibot are a hell of a unit. Pace, work ethic and technique all in one.

Zlatan vs Torres/eto........

Lavezzi has 5 goals in his last 7 games. Menez sucks, no question. I dont think pastore sucks, but I don't think PSG was a good move for him. Lucas has been playing decent as of late..

For us, oscar and willian are out of form and hazard has played every game this year and will continue until the cl tie.

Their back 4 are athletic and good. I can bet Hazard will be marked out the whole game...

Their Cm are substantially better than ours. Cabaye, matudi, verrati and motta and raibot are a hell of a unit. Pace, work ethic and technique all in one.

Zlatan vs Torres/eto........

Yeah that's what they said before we came at the etihad.

You don't even consider Mourinho in your equation