Madmax

They are playing today at 7:30.

If we are injury free in 10 days, we will go with:

Cech

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azpi

Luiz - Ramires

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Torres/Eto'o

Luiz on Zlatan who drop deep a lot. Oscar-Willian pressing to death Motta-Verratti and the latter tends to take a lot of risks so I expect Oscar to steal some key balls.

I think we will score there because they are weak with set piece too.

So Monaco's players go to Monaco for the atmosphere and not for the money??

Good on them, especially Ricci and Claudio. Monaco is probably one of the best places on Earth to retire to and that's what these players have opted to do.

If the under-20 talent is any good then they'll do what all great players in France do - leave.

or go to psg/monaco.

Just like la liga with madrid/barcelona

or like bundesliga with bayern.

it's funny you say that because the top players on the top teams in england are foreign players....

People go to Real Madrid because it's Real Madrid, because they play in one of the top leagues in the world and because those things have a strong monetary value.

Players are going to PSG because of money.

Top players with ambition don't go to the French league. Zidane, Henry, Ronaldinho, Drogba, Hazard, Varane, Zouma, Barthez etc. didn't choose to spend their best days in France for a reason.

This is the most important thing.

Cause look at Ajax, got more history then us, same as Liverpool.

But can they pay better then us? Can they give them a good chance of winning important trophies like a CL?

No!

So no matter how much history you have, if you don't pay good without playing CL you ain't nothing in these times!

My fair assessment of both teams

Jose>Blanc

Cech>Sirigu

Silva>JT

Marquinhos=Cahill (based on current form I had argue Cahill is better but the Brazilian has higher ceiling)

Ivanovic>VDW

Azplicueta>maxwell

Cabaye>Lampard

Veratti>Ramires

Matuidi>Mikel

Hazard>Lavezzi

Zlatan>Eto'o

Cavani>Torres

So PSG have superior attackers and central midfielders while we have superior defence collectively and a superior manager.

If it was a 38 match league competition I had give PSG the edge easily but this is a 2 legged cup competition where defense and tactical superiority usually carries heavy weight and we have a manager and some players that have been here before but at the same time Zlatan and Silva are some of the worlds greatest footballers and that cannot and shouldn't be ignored. 2 genuine game changers. I can see why some rate this as 50/50 but I lean more towards 60/40 in our favor due to the experience factor.

I'd bet good money you've only watched them play maybe once or twice.

And how about you try and match up our PREFERRED XI vs theres?

Jose>>>>>>>>>>>>Blanc

JT=Silva Lets not get carried away here... JT is the central figure of one of Europe's best defences.

Cahill>>>>>Marquinhos or Alex

Azpilicueta>Maxwell

Ivanovic=Van Der Wiel

Lampard>Motta

Ramires=Matuidi

Veratti>Mikel (I do think if we play 4-3-3 Luiz will play there and he will marshall Veratti)

Hazard>>>>Lavezzi

Zlatan>>>Oscar

Cavani>>>Eto'o

Willian>Moura(if they play 4-2-3-1 or if Cavani comes off for Moura)

That's a much more realistic match up than you posted.

This is the most important thing.

Cause look at Ajax, got more history then us, same as Liverpool.

But can they pay better then us? Can they give them a good chance of winning important trophies like a CL?

No!

So no matter how much history you have, if you don't pay good without playing CL you ain't nothing in these times!

Ajax has five years more history than us. Liverpool has 13 years more (plus a higher bodycount).

That's the only measure of history that I could give a fuck about.

Ajax has five years more history than us. Liverpool has 13 years more (plus a higher bodycount).

Still history don't mean shit if you don't pay good and play in CL.

Simple and fact. Nothing else to debate about.

Everyone has to start somewhere. It wasn't long ago Chelsea were in the same position...

Even throughout England, we are still known as the team with the least amount of history (minus City) out of the top teams.

Also, you might be right that they went for money and this and that, but they also could of saw the vision in PSG and the potential to be a top team in the near future.

Look at man city, from irrelevance to getting players like david silva, aguero, yaya toure on their team...

If players really cared about history that much, no one would reject united than. However, kroos did, cavani did, thiago did, herrrarra did, fabio did and many more.... Players sign on for projects and potential. PSG was a potentially amazing project.

Not sure why people think PSG haven't been tested. They walk the Ligue 1 every year so their focus every year is entirely on the CL. They almost knocked out Barca last year in the CL, while going toe-to-toe, not sitting back and they got better this year. Not an easy draw at all. I'd say it's 50/50 right now.

While, they have a great attack, we have a good defence. Where I do worry is that, we may be able to stop them to some extent but will we be able to score? Especially when we'll most likely be playing on the counter and their fullbacks + Silva have good pace and Matuidi also works like a dog.

We MUST take our chances. 1-1 in Paris and 1-1 in London witch a winner in ET maybe. Very very close.

Got to take our chances otherwise the defence will be put under too much pressure, and with Cavani and Ibra you have to think if we give them too many chances, they will eventually break through. Wish we had Matic available and a better striker.

Are we talking about Barca with Messi on one leg because lets be honest that's not Barca... Please stop citing Barcelona when they clearly weren't near full strength.

Jose's tactic would be way better than theirs, Our defense can soak up their attack, Our midfield will be more organized if not talented and we will get them on the break at least once in their own backyard. I see 0-1, Paris and 1-0, London (2-0 chelsea, agg)

Come on you blues :blue scalf:

or go to psg/monaco.

Just like la liga with madrid/barcelona

or like bundesliga with bayern.

it's funny you say that because the top players on the top teams in england are foreign players....

How can you compare Madrid and Barcelona with PSG and Monaco... ?

How can you compare Madrid and Barcelona with PSG and Monaco... ?

not long ago, Barcelona was quite an irrelevant second tier team.

Also, they are the top teams in their respective leagues, therefore I compare them and use them as reference.

not long ago, Barcelona was quite an irrelevant second tier team.

Also, they are the top teams in their respective leagues, therefore I compare them and use them as reference.

Dude when you compare Barca and Real everyone knows you are comparing them recently. Don't try to hide your mistakes with some ridiculous notion about it not being so long ago....

PSG and Monaco are nothing even close to Real and Barca.

PSG and Monaco are like Liverpool and Utd NOW!

Everyone has to start somewhere. It wasn't long ago Chelsea were in the same position...

Even throughout England, we are still known as the team with the least amount of history (minus City) out of the top teams.

Your ability to regurgitate the type of shit that anti-Chelsea numpties spout is unmatched. We have history, 109 years of it in fact. What we have less of is trophies, not history.

Also, you might be right that they went for money and this and that, but they also could of saw the vision in PSG and the potential to be a top team in the near future.

Look at man city, from irrelevance to getting players like david silva, aguero, yaya toure on their team...

If players really cared about history that much, no one would reject united than. However, kroos did, cavani did, thiago did, herrrarra did, fabio did and many more.... Players sign on for projects and potential. PSG was a potentially amazing project.

You don't understand. PSG is still a club in France. That's what it will always be. Now they might have a good chance at winning the CL, but so do clubs in better leagues.

Now there are some players who will take the money Monaco and PSG offer and have a go at the CL but play in a forgettable league. But players like Ronaldo, Messi, Hazard etc. have that burning desire to play at the top level week-in and week-out, not just on European nights. I don't begrudge those players who choose to take a big paycheque in an easy league (Zlatan's stats have never looked better) but we have players who want to play in a top league, for a top club every single week.

Dude when you compare Barca and Real everyone knows you are comparing them recently. Don't try to hide your mistakes with some ridiculous notion about it not being so long ago....

PSG and Monaco are nothing even close to Real and Barca.

PSG and Monaco are like Liverpool and Utd NOW!

Real Madrid has not won champs league since Jupp term.....

Hide what mistakes. That they are all the top teams in their respective leagues.....What mistake did I make?

Too much ganja for you.