UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Not bad. Could have been better or much worse.

We have a chance here, but containing Zlatan and Cavani is going to be a huge task.

No, no!

Zlatan and Cavani play in France, we play in the mighty England. Therefore they are unimportant an PSG is utter shit. Chelsea is already in the semi-finals. Fuck no, Chelsea already won the UCL!!!

LET'S CELEBRATE!!!

I didn't say the Premier League is the best league - I said it's one of the best. Bale went to La Liga from this league, he didn't go to the French leagues which is more related to the point I'm making.

As for this club's history, I wouldn't swap it for any other club's. Again, that seems to be a point that you and a few others are bringing up for fuck know's what reason.

If you think Hazard just plays for us for money then you're fucking delusional. It's a factor, but there's also the prestige that goes along with playing in the Premier League. Sportsmen have a mentality of wanting to beat the very best. It's what drives the very best ones on. Playing in France doesn't provide them with that.

that true.

However, players like zlatan maybe went to PSG because that was the best chance for them to be on a good squad (and be relevant) and fight for Champs League title.

You make it seem our players go out week in and out and play the best competition in England.

You make it seem that Cristiano plays the best competition in la liga, yet real scores 5-0....

Also, I didnt mean hazard only played for us due to money, but as you said it was definitely a factor.

Chelsea has is a much better Manager, has a competitive squad full of quality and superior experience and is in a way better league than PSG.

We're not an under dog in this tie, by any means

They won 2 la ligas from 61-89.

Champs league 4x. 3x from the rikkard/pep era.

It wasn't until the 90s they were relevant again.

Also, benfica were better than Chelsea last season and the team from greece lost 2-3 in agreggate to a healthy United team. The same healthy united team we park the bus against.

My word.... You really did bump your head. take two Advil and go lie down dude.

Why don't you go back more in time ??????????

Seriously dude? That is what you call not long ago? 60s to late 80s era? Though I might understand your PSG support but come on you have to be realistic. Barca has been a well established team and a very stable club with a good system since the days of Cryff.

Stable club? Ronaldinho saved barcelona. madrid mistake of not signing ronaldinho was barcelona savior. had barcelona never gotten ronaldinho, barcelona would never had allowed messi to grow, iniest to grow, all their academy players to grow.

And Real would of won at least one cl.

Barcelona couldn't keep their top players...

Ronaldo. Landrup. Figo... Romario.

No, no!

Zlatan and Cavani play in France, we play in the mighty England. Therefore they are unimportant an PSG is utter shit. Chelsea is already in the semi-finals. Fuck no, Chelsea already won the UCL!!!

LET'S CELEBRATE!!!

:lol: People tend to underrate or overrate the opposition massively. Hardly any middle-ground.

Who is surrending? People are just saying it will be a tough QF!

It is funny how we draw the top French team and you (and your imperialistic view) think we are automaticaly in the semi-finals! :lol:

Where the fuck have I said that? I've just reacted to the naysayers who are saying it would be an upset if we won, which it definitely wouldn't be.

I don't have imperialistic views by the way. I just don't like snivelly little shits who call Chelsea supporters plastic, but you can paint that anyway you want.

Here's my view - PSG is going to be a tough tie but I think we're a good enough team with a great enough manager to beat them without anyone batting an eyelid. They have some good players who have gone to a team that pays well but we have top players who want to challenge themselves in one of the top leagues in world football.

Ronaldo, Romario, Stoichkove, Rivaldo, Luis Enrique, Figo, Frank de Boer, Ronald de Boer, Kluivert.......need more names prior to Ronaldinho?

And what does Ronaldinho comiing to Barca have anything to do with Barca's youth academy that has given good players??!!!! It is not like he ran it mate

And how many players actually stayed on for barcelona?

Top teams, top players stay on.

Tier 2 teams they play to get on a better team.

Ronaldinho was barcelona, therefore gave them time to develop with no added pressure to make big name signings at their respective positions, that what ronaldinho did for Barcelona.

And how many players actually stayed on for barcelona?

Top teams, top players stay on.

Tier 2 teams they play to get on a better team.

Ronaldinho was barcelona, therefore gave them time to develop with no added pressure to make big name signings at their respective positions, that what ronaldinho did for Barcelona.

So Juventus is a second tier team cause Zidane left? Milan is a 2nd tier team because Kaka and Sheva left? Chelsea is a 2nd tier team cause Drogba and Ballack left? Manu is a second tier team cause Beckham left?

The lists go on and on if you get my drift.

PSG must be a second tier team then cause Ronaldinho left it :)

Players move from clubs to other for different reasons and you should know that very well. Money, age, glory, competitiveness, system, playtime and list keeps going. Leaving a club doesn't mean that the club is a 2nd tier team. History, silverware, fan base, financial power, local and national reputation, recent performances and achievements are some of the things that are used to classify teams. Barca is definitely not a 2nd tier team. You really need to know what you are talking about.

Having said that, again PSG are not a bad side like I said before, but you cannot compare them to Barca, Bayern and RM. If they maintain stability for a few years and win international trophies then you can. Up till now, they are nothing but a team, with some good players and the owner is pouring money. Similar to Manchester City

So Juventus is a second tier team cause Zidane left? Milan is a 2nd tier team because Kaka and Sheva left? Chelsea is a 2nd tier team cause Drogba and Ballack left? Manu is a second tier team cause Beckham left?

The lists go on and on if you get my drift.

PSG must be a second tier team then cause Ronaldinho left it :)

Players move from clubs to other for different reasons and you should know that very well. Money, age, glory, competitiveness, system, playtime and list keeps going. Leaving a club doesn't mean that the club is a 2nd tier team. History, silverware, fan base, financial power, local and national reputation, recent performances and achievements are some of the things that are used to classify teams. Barca is definitely not a 2nd tier team. You really need to know what you are talking about.

Having said that, again PSG are not a bad side like I said before, but you cannot compare them to Barca, Bayern and RM. If they maintain stability for a few years and win international trophies then you can. Up till now, they are nothing but a team, with some good players and the owner is pouring money. Similar to Manchester City

Zidane left cus Madrid gave Juventus the largest transfer in history (at that time), also they had Nedved waiting in the wings.

Kaka left Milan to save them financially (or that is what he at least thought).

Ronaldinho left PSG because he was getting too bored there and the fans got tired of his laziness. ( You should watch the documentary on ronaldinho)

So, when I say top young talent from their respective nations go to the top teams in their leagues, what doesn't make sense....

PSG and Monaco are the top teams in France. PSG has raibot, digne, coma, ogneda all on their squad. Top young french talent.

I don't understand how I can't use PSG, when PSG is first in their league. Also, Real havent won an international champ since Jupp.

Zidane left cus Madrid gave Juventus the largest transfer in history (at that time), also they had Nedved waiting in the wings.

Kaka left Milan to save them financially (or that is what he at least thought).

Ronaldinho left PSG because he was getting too bored there and the fans got tired of his laziness.

So, when I say top young talent from their respective nations go to the top teams in their leagues, what doesn't make sense....

PSG and Monaco are the top teams in France. PSG has raibot, digne, coma, ogneda all on their squad. Top young french talent.

I don't understand how I can use PSG, when PSG is first in their league.

You know what, just compare PSG's history with Barca, RM and Bayern, you should clearly get your answer. I have nothing against them and AGAIN they are a good side, but overrated. It will be their first real test this year in CL

And I don't know why you are asking me about young talents, cause I said nothing with regards to that matter. I think you got me mixed up with someone else. I am arguing the fact that you said that Barca was " not so long" an irrelevant 2nd tier team.

You know what, just compare PSG's history with Barca, RM and Bayern, you should clearly get your answer. I have nothing against them and AGAIN they are a good side, but overrated. It will be their first real test this year in CL

And I don't know why you are asking me about young talents, cause I said nothing with regards to that matter. I think you got me mixed up with someone else. I am arguing the fact that you said that Barca was " not so long" an irrelevant 2nd tier team.

See. You come in and you don't know what the original debate was.

So Monaco's players go to Monaco for the atmosphere and not for the money??

Good on them, especially Ricci and Claudio. Monaco is probably one of the best places on Earth to retire to and that's what these players have opted to do.

If the under-20 talent is any good then they'll do what all great players in France do - leave.

I responded...

or go to psg/monaco.

Just like la liga with madrid/barcelona

or like bundesliga with bayern.

it's funny you say that because the top players on the top teams in england are foreign players....

The only place to be > There's a whole forum that observes and mocks you.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-20-27333940-1-0-1-0-un-anglais-clash-le-psg.htm

Why are you so embittered against the Ligue 1 and PSG ? Paris-SG is a real team and a proper club. And the Ligue 1 is maybe not the best championship, but stop to think that it is the worst.

The only place to be > There's a whole forum that observes and mocks you.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-20-27333940-1-0-1-0-un-anglais-clash-le-psg.htm

Why are you so embittered against the Ligue 1 and PSG ? Paris-SG is a real team and a proper club. And the Ligue 1 is maybe not the best championship, but stop to think that it is the worst.

Well, its easy to understand.

English people think their league is their best, just like their national team...

O, wait.