UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

My fair assessment of both teams

Jose>Blanc

Cech>Sirigu

Silva>JT

Marquinhos=Cahill (based on current form I had argue Cahill is better but the Brazilian has higher ceiling)

Ivanovic>VDW

Azplicueta>maxwell

Cabaye>Lampard

Veratti>Ramires

Matuidi>Mikel

Hazard>Lavezzi

Zlatan>Eto'o

Cavani>Torres

So PSG have superior attackers and central midfielders while we have superior defence collectively and a superior manager.

If it was a 38 match league competition I had give PSG the edge easily but this is a 2 legged cup competition where defense and tactical superiority usually carries heavy weight and we have a manager and some players that have been here before but at the same time Zlatan and Silva are some of the worlds greatest footballers and that cannot and shouldn't be ignored. 2 genuine game changers. I can see why some rate this as 50/50 but I lean more towards 60/40 in our favor due to the experience factor.

I said in multiple post that our main and only advantage was our manager...

It's not like we will face Real.

PSG are a good side, but don't write us off. I don't say we will win, but there are no reason to believe it.

Was going to say it is pretty even draw, but after reading the past couple of pages I'll say that we are the clear favorites to beat this shit PSG team. In fact, we're already in the semis if you ask me..

Just to piss off those who are addicted to pessimism :D

It's not like we will face Real.

PSG are a good side, but don't write us off. I don't say we will win, but there are no reason to believe it.

I'm just saying PSG are favorites.

Obviously, any team can win (Chelsea 2012), but beating PSG would be an upset.

Jose>Blanc

Cech>Sirigu

Silva>JT

Marquinhos=Cahill (based on current form I had argue Cahill is better but the Brazilian has higher ceiling)

Ivanovic>VDW

Azplicueta>maxwell

Cabaye>Lampard

Veratti>Ramires

Matuidi>Mikel

Hazard>Lavezzi

Zlatan>Eto'o

Cavani>Torres

So PSG have superior attackers and central midfielders while we have superior defence collectively and a superior manager.

If it was a 38 match league cimpetitions I had give PSG the edge easily but this is a 2 leg cup competition where defense and tactical superiority usually carries weight but at the same time Zlatan is one of the worlds greatest footballers and that cannot and shouldn't be ignored. a genuine game changer. those that rate this as 50/50 are correct. I lean more towards that assessment as well.

assesments in the midfield and attack should be like this IMO.

And this is based on a 4-3-3 witch both teams play:

Motta>Luiz

Ramires=Matuidi

Lamps>Veratti

Cavani (wasted on the right)=Willian

Zlatan>Eto'o

Hazard>>>>>>>Lavezzi

Hi from a PSG fan

First of all, i'm very excited about these 2 games. In a poker game, we could say it's a coin flip.

Here is the starting 11 that will play against you if no injuries :

Sirigu / Van der Wiel, Silva, Alex,Maxwell / Motta, Verratti, Matuidi / Lavezzi, Ibra, Cavani

Substitutes : Douchez (g), Marquinhos, Camara, Jallet, Cabaye, Pastore, Rabiot, Lucas, Menez.

Good luck to you !

Bienvenue bonne chance à vous aussi même si je pense que Mourinho sera celui qui fera pencher la balance

Jose>Blanc

Cech>Sirigu

Silva>JT

Ivanovic>VDW

Azplicueta>maxwell

Cabaye>Lampard

Veratti>Ramires

Matuidi>Mikel

Hazard>Lavezzi

Zlatan>Eto'o

Cavani>Torres

If it was a 38 match league competition I had give PSG the edge easily but this is a 2 legged cup competition where defense and tactical superiority usually carries heavy weight and we have a manager and some players that have been here before but at the same time Zlatan and Silva are some of the worlds greatest footballers and that cannot and shouldn't be ignored. 2 genuine game changers. I can see why some rate this as 50/50 but I lean more towards 60/40 in our favor due to the experience factor.

Oscar and Willian? They are starters

assesments in the midfield and attack should be like this IMO.

And this is based on a 4-3-3 witch both teams play:

Motta>Luiz

Ramires=Matuidi

Lamps>Veratti

Cavani (wasted on the right)=Willian

Zlatan>Eto'o

Hazard>>>>>>>Lavezzi

Matudi>ramiries

Verrati/cabaye>lampard

Cavani>anyone on chelsea

Zlatan>anyone on Chelsea

Hazard>Lucas (current form)

willian prob. However, Jose will probably go 4-3-3 and put mikel-ramires and lampard.

Don't see why he would to that really. Oscar does a pretty good job defensively and offensively. Don't see Mikel taking his place. Mikel would sub for Ramires

More than others. Do you think Ibra wouldn't agree a pay cut to join Real Madrid?!

Give it a rest!

Give it a rest?

What the hell you talking about? People go to Real Madrid cause they pay good and challenge for trophies.

Do you think people will go to Real Madrid out of the purity of their hearts if their budget was that of Wigan?

You give it a rest!

Don't see why he would to that really. Oscar does a pretty good job defensively and offensively. Don't see Mikel taking his place. Mikel would sub for Ramires

because jose has played 4-3-3 against the better sides every match......

When did you start following the team. Oscar been bench against the better teams for a while now.

Hi from a PSG fan

First of all, i'm very excited about these 2 games. In a poker game, we could say it's a coin flip.

Here is the starting 11 that will play against you if no injuries :

Sirigu / Van der Wiel, Silva, Alex,Maxwell / Motta, Verratti, Matuidi / Lavezzi, Ibra, Cavani

Substitutes : Douchez (g), Marquinhos, Camara, Jallet, Cabaye, Pastore, Rabiot, Lucas, Menez.

Good luck to you !

It is coin toss indeed. I think you have slightly better individuals, but I think our team works better together in defense. If I may ask: I've seen your attackers rip teams open with pace and great runs, but do you think the likes of Lavezzi and Cavani will suffer with no space behind the opposition defense?