UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

not long ago, Barcelona was quite an irrelevant second tier team.

Also, they are the top teams in their respective leagues, therefore I compare them and use them as reference.

Not long ago Monaco was in Ligue 2. Even if they were finalist once, they can match the comparaison with Barcelona right?

And i don't need to mention Real vs PSG.

Yes they have money but just see how City did in europe, that takes time to make a winning team.

not long ago, Barcelona was quite an irrelevant second tier team.

Also, they are the top teams in their respective leagues, therefore I compare them and use them as reference.

"Barcelona was quite an irrelevant second tier team."

What ?

Real Madrid has not won champs league since Jupp term.....

Hide what mistakes. That they are all the top teams in their respective leagues.....What mistake did I make?

Too much ganja for you.

Actually, Real Madrid won 2 CL after Jupp left.

Very favorable draw. Perhaps only United would've been better at the moment, but then you go into rivalries and what not.

Yes, PSG are a good team, but they are all good teams at this level. They are still not at the same level of Bayern, Madrid, and Barca, whcih makes it a good draw. I'd also rather play them than Atletico.

Does not really matter though as you eventually have to play the top dogs.

Real Madrid has not won champs league since Jupp term.....

Hide what mistakes. That they are all the top teams in their respective leagues.....What mistake did I make?

Too much ganja for you.

Not enough for you! You clearly have your head in the sand.

The top 3 teams in the world right now are Bayern, Real and Barca... When you compare 2 vs 3 to 7th vs...... 18th there is a big drop off. There is a HUGE difference between real/Barca and Monaco/PSG to even suggest otherwise is bordering on stupidity.

The mistake was trying to compare them in the first place it was compounded when you said Barca wasn't very good long ago and now when you cite that Real haven't won CL since 2002....

Just stop brother you're embarrassing yourself with each post you make.

There is an awful danger that PSG might seek out some help from Bayern's coaches after our experiences of playing them recently.

Wouldn't be the first time the French have willingly collaborated with some Germans.

What good would it do them? We won most of those games.

Your ability to regurgitate the type of shit that anti-Chelsea numpties spout is unmatched. We have history, 109 years of it in fact. What we have less of is trophies, not history.

You don't understand. PSG is still a club in France. That's what it will always be. Now they might have a good chance at winning the CL, but so do clubs in better leagues.

Now there are some players who will take the money Monaco and PSG offer and have a go at the CL but play in a forgettable league. But players like Ronaldo, Messi, Hazard etc. have that burning desire to play at the top level week-in and week-out, not just on European nights. I don't begrudge those players who choose to take a big paycheque in an easy league (Zlatan's stats have never looked better) but we have players who want to play in a top league, for a top club every single week.

I want you to say your belief about our history to other clubs in England and see what responses you get.

Also, Cristiano plays in real because he wants to be there but also cause of money and how they can afford to pay him that much. Messi plays for barcelona because he is the highest paid football player in the world. Hazard plays for us now because we can provide him with a lot of money as well.

This idea that EPL is the best league is complete British nonsense. Gareth bale made a perfect statement recently saying how England is a longball team, while in spain they play it out( every team). When teams park the bus and longball, a sucky team can beat a good team and exactly why crap teams in England can beat the better squads in England somehow.

Hazard plays for us now because we can provide him with a lot of money as well

I believe that Hazard plays for us because he was told he could be a starter with us in stead of having to battle with City's squad.

PSG tried to sign him (so he could get as much money over there if not much) but he preferred a more competitive league (and a starting role) to flourish the most

What teams tested PSG? Olymipiacos? Benfica? Anderlecht? With respects to all these teams but they are not really a testing squad.With respect to League 1 too, which team is capable of testing PSG?

I never said they are a bad side, but definitely overrated. Like mediator and Chelsea Legend 11 have pointed out we have been tested very well this year and more than capable of dealing with them. By no means it will be a walk in a park. No team is that easy at this stage. However they are so far away from being called the better team. Chelsea would be the first test for PSG this year.

I am curious when was Barca an irrelevant second tier team?

They won 2 la ligas from 61-89.

Champs league 4x. 3x from the rikkard/pep era.

It wasn't until the 90s they were relevant again.

Also, benfica were better than Chelsea last season and the team from greece lost 2-3 in agreggate to a healthy United team. The same healthy united team we park the bus against.

It's amazing. We draw a French team and some of our own supporters decide to surrender immediately!! :blink:

Who is surrending? People are just saying it will be a tough QF!

It is funny how we draw the top French team and you (and your imperialistic view) think we are automaticaly in the semi-finals! :lol:

I want you to say your belief about our history to other clubs in England and see what responses you get.

Also, Cristiano plays in real because he wants to be there but also cause of money and how they can afford to pay him that much. Messi plays for barcelona because he is the highest paid football player in the world. Hazard plays for us now because we can provide him with a lot of money as well.

This idea that EPL is the best league is complete British nonsense. Gareth bale made a perfect statement recently saying how England is a longball team, while in spain they play it out( every team). When teams park the bus and longball, a sucky team can beat a good team and exactly why crap teams in England can beat the better squads in England somehow.

I didn't say the Premier League is the best league - I said it's one of the best. Bale went to La Liga from this league, he didn't go to the French leagues which is more related to the point I'm making.

As for this club's history, I wouldn't swap it for any other club's. Again, that seems to be a point that you and a few others are bringing up for fuck know's what reason.

If you think Hazard just plays for us for money then you're fucking delusional. It's a factor, but there's also the prestige that goes along with playing in the Premier League. Sportsmen have a mentality of wanting to beat the very best. It's what drives the very best ones on. Playing in France doesn't provide them with that.

Not bad. Could have been better or much worse.

We have a chance here, but containing Zlatan and Cavani is going to be a huge task.

No, no!

Zlatan and Cavani play in France, we play in the mighty England. Therefore they are unimp

They won 2 la ligas from 61-89.

Champs league 4x. 3x from the rikkard/pep era.

It wasn't until the 90s they were relevant again.

Why don't you go back more in time ??????????

Seriously dude? That is what you call not long ago? 60s to late 80s era? Though I might understand your PSG support but come on you have to be realistic. Barca has been a well established team and a very stable club with a good system since the days of Cryff.