The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/ian-herbert-rafa-benitez-is-not-flawed-because-he-grew-tired-of-being-abused-8515815.html

As I have been telling the goons on her for some time, Rafa never said the things attributed to him in 2007. But some of you goons don't care about the truth. The fact is that Mastermind Rafa kicked Mourinho's Chelsea out of two CL semi-finals and an FA Cup. The goons are sore losers.

Here is what Ian Herbert wrote today (something I have told the goons on here several times in the last few months).

"Little did he imagine when doing so just how many ways to discredit him there would be. The first materialised barely a day into his tenure, when a 2007 quote ascribed to him was raked up. "Chelsea is a big club with fantastic players. Every manager wants to coach a big team. But I would never take that job, in respect for my former team at Liverpool. No matter what," he was quoted as saying. Benitez was Liverpool manager in 2007, so how could he have called them his "former club" back then?

The quote, it turned out, was fabricated – disseminated by a 15-year-old tweeter from the Czech Republic who was a fan of Benitez, felt betrayed by his appointment at Chelsea and decided to cause him some trouble. The boy's Twitter avatar photo was a cartoon of his hero Benitez. But the lie was half way around the world before the truth could pull its trousers on. The "quote" was widely published and became a part of the "Benitez hates Chelsea" myth."

The bottom line is Rafa is too good for the Chelsea boo boys and he and everyone else in football is entitled to feel contempt not only at the goonish boo boys but also those who allow them to get away with it.

As I have been telling the goons on her for some time, Rafa never said the things attributed to him in 2007. But some of you goons don't care about the truth. The fact is that Mastermind Rafa kicked Mourinho's Chelsea out of two CL semi-finals and an FA Cup. The goons are sore losers. Here is what Ian Herbert wrote today (something I have told the goons on here several times in the last few months).

You have a right to express you opinion no matter how unpopular it is. But you do not, however, have the right to aim insults at anyone here.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/ian-herbert-rafa-benitez-is-not-flawed-because-he-grew-tired-of-being-abused-8515815.html

As I have been telling the goons on her for some time, Rafa never said the things attributed to him in 2007. But some of you goons don't care about the truth. The fact is that Mastermind Rafa kicked Mourinho's Chelsea out of two CL semi-finals and an FA Cup. The goons are sore losers.

Here is what Ian Herbert wrote today (something I have told the goons on here several times in the last few months).

"Little did he imagine when doing so just how many ways to discredit him there would be. The first materialised barely a day into his tenure, when a 2007 quote ascribed to him was raked up. "Chelsea is a big club with fantastic players. Every manager wants to coach a big team. But I would never take that job, in respect for my former team at Liverpool. No matter what," he was quoted as saying. Benitez was Liverpool manager in 2007, so how could he have called them his "former club" back then?

The quote, it turned out, was fabricated – disseminated by a 15-year-old tweeter from the Czech Republic who was a fan of Benitez, felt betrayed by his appointment at Chelsea and decided to cause him some trouble. The boy's Twitter avatar photo was a cartoon of his hero Benitez. But the lie was half way around the world before the truth could pull its trousers on. The "quote" was widely published and became a part of the "Benitez hates Chelsea" myth."

The bottom line is Rafa is too good for the Chelsea boo boys and he and everyone else in football is entitled to feel contempt not only at the goonish boo boys but also those who allow them to get away with it.

I've had some news from my mate at the training ground.

Put your money on this man.......................

jose_mourinho_981572c.jpg

I just can't see it, no matter how much i try n think it can happen. I know there are so many reasons why it should happen which i've mentioned in thee appropriate thread but it just seems too good to be true, like me being a millionaire. I just feel we'll get someone random from abroad who hardly anyone knows. We're running out of options. Still... anyone but this guy we have now will be a plus i suppose.

Imagine this team playing like they have been lately under Jose... they'd get the biggest of all bashings. He certainly wouldn't accept top 4 as the goal before the season.

I didnt want Jose back BUT now YES ....if just for two years to sort out the mess Roman ,the Board and the Fat Waster have created,..

We have had ANOTHER "transition season " which has been an almost terminal decline ....FFS GET HIM OUT

Haha it's funny how a title all of a sudden determines results. Apparently 'interim manager' can either win you the CL and get you knocked out of it. #LOGIC

No rafa, you title or the fans are not the reason why we lose games. It's your pea brain tactics and fat under your chin.

I didnt want Jose back BUT now YES ....if just for two years to sort out the mess Roman ,the Board and the Fat Waster have created,..

We have had ANOTHER "transition season " which has been an almost terminal decline ....FFS GET HIM OUT

This is one of the worst things because next year will also likely be a transition season. We'll be getting in a new striker (either a buy or Lukaku back), likely bringing back KDB, and very likely making a buy or two (especially central midfield). The basic questions we hoped to answer this year: Who will be our central midfielder of the future? Who will be our starting striker going forward?, Can Hazard, Mata, and Oscar play together? Who will take over from JT as our steady #1 defender?....none of these have been answered yet.

In all honesty, I thought Rafa would get the sack by simply dissing his "interim" status at the club!

Much as I hate him for putting the blame on us fans, his message should be pretty much set-in-stone for these so-called "plastic" supporters who would want nothing more than see the back of Benitez.. if the song goes like this...

"We don't care about Rafa,

He don't care about us..

All we care about is Chelsea FC"

The whole "caring about Chelsea" bit should mean "getting behind the team and helping them through the matches" ... not splashing out spit at a manager they all hate just because he managed Liverpool!

I hate Benitez because of what he has done, but he's right about one thing... some of our supporters need to grow a pair, and back the team more, instead of calling for the manager's head and abusing him! It's poisonous for the team's morale, and for the club's status! We should be ashamed of what we've become!

This is one of the worst things because next year will also likely be a transition season. We'll be getting in a new striker (either a buy or Lukaku back), likely bringing back KDB, and very likely making a buy or two (especially central midfield). The basic questions we hoped to answer this year: Who will be our central midfielder of the future? Who will be our starting striker going forward?, Can Hazard, Mata, and Oscar play together? Who will take over from JT as our steady #1 defender?....none of these have been answered yet.

transition should be a smooth change ,,,we have had 3 years of turmoil ...blindly hoping next year will be better ,,,,sounds like pool or wenger

We need to reassess the team, and i mean including our young players like Lukaku, Josh and Kevin, as well as options such as Kalas, and have a manager who can work with the team - not for anything other then that. Rafa has shown constantly that he doesn't care about the team, only for a payday and to get more time on his CV for him to do something. I really hope that Roman does make a change soon, because i am really worried that we could drop out of the top four if we play the same way we do, and with a manager who is reluctant to change the team.

He always seems to use the same players despite the previous result or match performance, and is always hesitating with his substitutions. Maybe trying Ba with Torres or Moses for a few games could add more of an attacking threat, but it doesn't seem that Rafa has the balls to make such a drastic change. If we reasses the team, and get rid of the excess weight in favour of adding depth with the squad with the youth, and actually rotate the players, we could have a much more detailed look into how the team can consistently perform, as well as giving the brighter prospects chances to make their mark.

I want Jose to come back - but for now, i would take anyone rather then Rafa. I don't care about him, but more the damage he is doing to the team, and the chances of us being in the CL next year, which i think would be drastic for the club financially. We have been in a 'transitional' period for the past three seasons, but there hasn't been any large improvements to the team's style this season to prove that we have done enough to earn the credit of title contender, imo. I believe that if RDM was still here, we would have won the CWC, League Cup and would be sitting in third - but that doesn't matter anymore.

Something needs to change, either Rafa gets the stick out of his ass and do the job he is being paid for where no-ones wants him to be, or he resigns/is sacked and replaced with Steve Holland or another person who will be able to bring another approach to the team, and in a more positive and less controversial style.