The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

BEQR9eTCQAAJ_af.jpg

Judging by this image the atmosphere on Saturday is going to be as toxic as ever.

Yay. :rolleyes:

Did you honestly expect it to get better after his 'speech' on Wednesday evening?

There was only one way it was going to go, that way was never going to be for the better and I suspect he knew it.

More and more is coming out now, rumours abound that TFSW got word of a meeting between the Owner and a prospective new manager, his ego couldn't take it so he's let rip. His apologists in the media i.e. Ballegue, Ian Herbert are now making up stories of why he's right or why he feels he had to do it and how it wasn't a pop at the owner or board as well as the fans (oh yes it was, clear as day), load of old b******s really, trying to get him out of a crap situation in order for him to still be a realistic target for other sides.

So it's OK for him to have a pop at us, and let's be frank he did so years ago, come in and expect us to be thankful he's come here and forget what was said (no apologies or statement of even slight regret from him), him get it back, have another major pop blaming us for the teams and his poor performance managing the team and us as supporters of the club to be OK with that - righto. Tw**ts like him should remember we're the only ones (except Roman, TV and the sponsers) putting money into a club, him and the staff just take out, they're servants of the club. Act a little like that and you'd get a bit of grace, act like a c*** and you'll get treated like one.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought ....

What if Roman and the board - after the RDM debacle and all the manager turmoil before him - has finally decided to stop sacking managers every couple of months, think it is due time to to build a better reputation, is also stubborn on this fact as well and that is why we are now stuck with Rafa till the end of the season.

Just a thought ....

I was wrong with the severity of Hilario's injury when I announced he was rushed away in an ambulance

And the Kalou being exiled story was from a different source

The amount of times I've been right largely outweighs the wrong.

I'm certain many on the forum will vouch for that.

WHS your first Chelsea news source

Did you honestly expect it to get better after his 'speech' on Wednesday evening?

There was only one way it was going to go, that way was never going to be for the better and I suspect he knew it.

More and more is coming out now, rumours abound that TFSW got word of a meeting between the Owner and a prospective new manager, his ego couldn't take it so he's let rip. His apologists in the media i.e. Ballegue, Ian Herbert are now making up stories of why he's right or why he feels he had to do it and how it wasn't a pop at the owner or board as well as the fans (oh yes it was, clear as day), load of old b******s really, trying to get him out of a crap situation in order for him to still be a realistic target for other sides.

So it's OK for him to have a pop at us, and let's be frank he did so years ago, come in and expect us to be thankful he's come here and forget what was said (no apologies or statement of even slight regret from him), him get it back, have another major pop blaming us for the teams and his poor performance managing the team and us as supporters of the club to be OK with that - righto. Tw**ts like him should remember we're the only ones (except Roman, TV and the sponsers) putting money into a club, him and the staff just take out, they're servants of the club. Act a little like that and you'd get a bit of grace, act like a c*** and you'll get treated like one.

What I took from his speech was that he was going. That's what I wanted to hear.

He also said fans had an agenda and from what happened before his first game in charge, that seems to have some truth to it.

If I'm being honest I think he's being scapegoated for a lot of fans frustrations at things happening at the club. I think some people in the ground are much more comfortable booing the guy in the dugout rather than criticising the guy in the box.

Personally, the only way I see us coming out of this with any good is by supporting the 11 players on the pitch for the whole 90 minutes of every game we have left.

I keep on coming back to attitude. You can't control everything that happens to you, but you can control how you respond to it. If people want to spend £60 to abuse a bloke who is on his way out of the door then they can, but it's going to create a toxic atmosphere for the players.

Just a thought ....

What if Roman and the board - after the RDM debacle and all the manager turmoil before him - has finally decided to stop sacking managers every couple of months, think it is due time to to build a better reputation, is also stubborn on this fact as well and that is why we are now stuck with Rafa till the end of the season.

Just a thought ....

That would be fine, dandy and admirable if that was the case, if you've changed your policy you have to be doubly sure you have chosen the right person to do it with and not backed the wrong horse.

What I took from his speech was that he was going. That's what I wanted to hear.

He also said fans had an agenda and from what happened before his first game in charge, that seems to have some truth to it.

If I'm being honest I think he's being scapegoated for a lot of fans frustrations at things happening at the club. I think some people in the ground are much more comfortable booing the guy in the dugout rather than criticising the guy in the box.

Personally, the only way I see us coming out of this with any good is by supporting the 11 players on the pitch for the whole 90 minutes of every game we have left.

I keep on coming back to attitude. You can't control everything that happens to you, but you can control how you respond to it. If people want to spend £60 to abuse a bloke who is on his way out of the door then they can, but it's going to create a toxic atmosphere for the players.

Fans with an agenda - Yep, he was correct on that one, what'd he expect? You want to build bridges, you'd better start building the foundations especially as it was you who demolished them in the first place. That wasn't his approach, he was arrogant, thought we'd accept the standard line. He got it wrong with his approach, however I do agree there'd be some who it wouldn't matter to and they'd continue regardless. However if he'd approached it differently it may have marginalised the issue.

Scapegoated - Can't agree there, he's made his bed and then made it worse again. If people want to have a go a Roman, get to it. Overall we know who we're best off with if it was a choice.

Too much is made of the 'abuse' he receives, you go to games, you'll know the 'we don't care about Rafa' song is sung two or three times a game generally and not by the majority. It's he who's upped the ante, look he's done it for a reason and that's to try to take the responsibility away from himself. If there was a reason not to give him grief it would be that, reverse the psychology.

Like I said before, given the liklihood that the players are beginning to dislike him, they'll take little notice anyway.

Fans with an agenda - Yep, he was correct on that one, what'd he expect? You want to build bridges, you'd better start building the foundations especially as it was you who demolished them in the first place. That wasn't his approach, he was arrogant, thought we'd accept the standard line. He got it wrong with his approach, however I do agree there'd be some who it wouldn't matter to and they'd continue regardless. However if he'd approached it differently it may have marginalised the issue.

Scapegoated - Can't agree there, he's made his bed and then made it worse again. If people want to have a go a Roman, get to it. Overall we know who we're best off with if it was a choice.

Too much is made of the 'abuse' he receives, you go to games, you'll know the 'we don't care about Rafa' song is sung two or three times a game generally and not by the majority. It's he who's upped the ante, look he's done it for a reason and that's to try to take the responsibility away from himself. If there was a reason not to give him grief it would be that, reverse the psychology.

Like I said before, given the liklihood that the players are beginning to dislike him, they'll take little notice anyway.

I agree that he didn't approach it properly. This all came to a head when he should have addressed the issues honestly from day one. Too many times he simply gave soundbites and weaselled his way out of giving honest answers, and then explodes in a press conference. I still think he's been getting all the fans' frustrations for a multitude of problems, much like Emenalo, Gourlay and to a lesser extent Buck.

The song (which is shit as I've said many times before, doesn't make sense and doesn't actually feel good to sing) crops up far more away from home than at home. Then there's the booing (before his first game it was moronic in my opinion) and some of the banners.

People like to pretend they have an impact on the players when they chant and make these banners, otherwise why would they do it? To then deny any impact when it suits you is a little disingenuous isn't it? We hold the scousers to the same logic don't we? They praise the almighty power of the Kop when it suits them then blame the team, coach, board...anyone when things go wrong. I'd rather we didn't go down the same route.

That would be fine, dandy and admirable if that was the case, if you've changed your policy you have to be doubly sure you have chosen the right person to do it with and not backed the wrong horse.

In an ideal world, yes. There you would have both the time to choose the right person and that person would be available and willing.

In reality it was a bit different.

However, now, he has made the decision for Rafa and apparently doesn't want to sack another manager. Its the only reason I can think of why Rafa has survived his little speech. We will have to sit it out anyway.

If he were to sack him, that would be a total defeat of Romans strategy. He would sustain extra reputation damage and an extra cost. Furthermore, the one he wants probably isn't available now, so strategy-wise he is just sticking with Rafa and sitting it out.

What are the alternatives (and I don't mean from YOUR perspective but from the boards/Romans).

Ps: don't get me wrong. I wanted Rafa out for a loooooooong while now.

Just a thought ....

Just a thought ....

Not a great thought . I like manager sacking xD

I agree that he didn't approach it properly. This all came to a head when he should have addressed the issues honestly from day one. Too many times he simply gave soundbites and weaselled his way out of giving honest answers, and then explodes in a press conference. I still think he's been getting all the fans' frustrations for a multitude of problems, much like Emenalo, Gourlay and to a lesser extent Buck.

The song (which is shit as I've said many times before, doesn't make sense and doesn't actually feel good to sing) crops up far more away from home than at home. Then there's the booing (before his first game it was moronic in my opinion) and some of the banners.

People like to pretend they have an impact on the players when they chant and make these banners, otherwise why would they do it? To then deny any impact when it suits you is a little disingenuous isn't it? We hold the scousers to the same logic don't we? They praise the almighty power of the Kop when it suits them then blame the team, coach, board...anyone when things go wrong. I'd rather we didn't go down the same route.

I think you give too many fans the credit of being able to differentiate between them all, some of them haven't the faintest at how the club operates, the thoughts are possibly limited to we hate scousers, he said some bad stuff about us, he managed them and lives there still. It's a bonus to them that he just happens to be a s**t manager. I agree the song is a poor effort. The banners, personally I think the banners are just as much about personal attention as they are about protest. Some bloke holding up a Rafa Out banner stood behind him or near the corner flag just when the TV camera's are about to flash over there, 'look at me, that's me that is'. Some of them are placed with genuine feeling I'm sure.

Would I hold one up, usually no, but I am thinking of having two tomorrow. The first one saying 'don't blame Rafa, blame me' the second one's going to say 'on no don't blame me, blame him' with a big arrow pointing to the bloke next to me! :dance:

In an ideal world, yes. There you would have both the time to choose the right person and that person would be available and willing.

In reality it was a bit different.

However, now, he has made the decision for Rafa and apparently doesn't want to sack another manager. Its the only reason I can think of why Rafa has survived his little speech. We will have to sit it out anyway.

If he were to sack him, that would be a total defeat of Romans strategy. He would sustain extra reputation damage and an extra cost. Furthermore, the one he wants probably isn't available now, so strategy-wise he is just sticking with Rafa and sitting it out.

What are the alternatives (and I don't mean from YOUR perspective but from the boards/Romans).

Ps: don't get me wrong. I wanted Rafa out for a loooooooong while now.

Personally I think the board have called TFSW's bluff and that may be for them to save face, by that I mean it'll go off tomorrow with torrents of abuse being hurled at him and it'll be genuinely unpleasant. The board can and will make a politically correct statement saying how 'the fans have spoken, his positions untenable etc, etc' and they'll sack him. The fans get the blame, the board may mitigate some responsibility, some will buy this. However they appointed the numpty in the first place, mis-judging the level of ill-feeling almost completely. They also didn't realise at how poor a manager he is and his manipulative ways plus his unjustified high opinion of himself.

They are responsible for the mess, I hold some of them in as much contempt as I hold TFSW.

I think you give too many fans the credit of being able to differentiate between them all, some of them haven't the faintest at how the club operates, the thoughts are possibly limited to we hate scousers, he said some bad stuff about us, he managed them and lives there still. It's a bonus to them that he just happens to be a s**t manager. I agree the song is a poor effort. The banners, personally I think the banners are just as much about personal attention as they are about protest. Some bloke holding up a Rafa Out banner stood behind him or near the corner flag just when the TV camera's are about to flash over there, 'look at me, that's me that is'. Some of them are placed with genuine feeling I'm sure.

Would I hold one up, usually no, but I am thinking of having two tomorrow. The first one saying 'don't blame Rafa, blame me' the second one's going to say 'on no don't blame me, blame him' with a big arrow pointing to the bloke next to me! :dance:

Personally I think the board have called TFSW's bluff and that may be for them to save face, by that I mean it'll go off tomorrow with torrents of abuse being hurled at him and it'll be genuinely unpleasant. The board can and will make a politically correct statement saying how 'the fans have spoken, his positions untenable etc, etc' and they'll sack him. The fans get the blame, the board may mitigate some responsibility, some will buy this. However they appointed the numpty in the first place, mis-judging the level of ill-feeling almost completely. They also didn't realise at how poor a manager he is and his manipulative ways plus his unjustified high opinion of himself.

They are responsible for the mess, I hold some of them in as much contempt as I hold TFSW.

That's the type of banner I can get behind. I might print up a T-Shirt for my mate which says 'I HAVE AGENDA IDENTITY ISSUES' or something equally excruciating.

As for the board, I think this comes down to Roman and his desire to get Pep. Everything seemed geared towards next year and he got an almighty slap in the face when he turned him down. We can blame the 'yes men' but they're limited in what they can do simply because Roman is the man at the end of the day - things will be run as he wants them to be run and no-one will change that. That has it's upsides and it's downsides, but I'm of the mind that in the long-run it'll be for the good.

But he messed up here. You're right in that they miscalculated Benitez's ability (although he's being asked to be a caretaker when he probably works best with more time and power to change things) and the fans' feelings towards him. It's very easy to overlook 6 months when you're planning long-term, but these last 100 days have dragged and it doesn't help that there's been a new story almost everyday.

It's why I was probably more relieved on Wednesday than angry. He might've said disrespectful things but all I heard was 'I'M LEAVING IN MAY, I'M LEAVING IN MAY.....'

and then I went and re-watched every touch Nathan Ake had of the ball. :D

Why should they be 'shamed'? They may have perfectly valid reasons for their vote or questions about who exactly would replace Benitez. Or they may have voted some time ago and not got around to changing their vote (which is something I did).