The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just going to post this. He's a funny man. He's right though - we need to create a better atmosphere at home. Whenever I've been SB over the last 2 years the atmosphere hasn't exactly been as good as it could be. Regardless whether he's here or not we need to support the team. That doesn't mean you have to like Rafa - just don't single him out during games. Speak about him after the game. It affects the atmosphere.

The more I think of it, the more it makes my blood boils.

That fat plonker dared to say that he was a professional. Well... At the light of the past stories between Chelsea and him, it was to be expected that he would not be accepted by the fans — it doesn't take a genius. He just knew what was lying ahead.

So, if he really was a professional, like he claimed, and if he had some ethics and decency, then he would have refused the job because it was a given that it wouldn't work and that he will get boos — boos that he now criticizes.

The only aim of that anorexic was — and still is — to use us to improve his reputation after Inter fiasco and two years of unemployment. Since day one he has imputed the fault on everybody and their dogs, excepted him. He wants to tell the whole world that he is failing not because of his own abilities, but because it is an impossible job. Because the squad was not deep enough ; because the ladyboy had to carry the team all by himself and thus being weary and out of form ; because the board didn't let him buy who he wanted ; because of Terry ; because of the players ; because of the fans ; because of the board which gave him the "interim" title.

All he wants to is to make himself look like the poor boy who is still good but whom his job is being sabotaged.

He has a snake tongue.

No that belongs to Gorlay Wormtongue ;)

This is a key match. I want us to win and I'll be investing all my energies in supporting the team. I'll be willing them on to maybe get that extra 1-2% from their performance which is sometimes the difference between winning and losing. I'll be singing the songs that have been sung for generations to remind them that they're part of something bigger.

Abusing a man who is gone in a few months is the last thing on my mind going into the game. That's what I mean when I say it's about attitude.

A famous man said "By knawing through a dyke a single rat may drown a nation", well this FSR won't be drowning me or a great deal of others in the Chelsea nation there on Saturday.

Like I said support the team, he can GTFO asap. Anyway if you believe the reports some of the players may well appreciate us giving him a volley. I'd never criticise those who choose not to.

A famous man said "By knawing through a dyke a single rat may drown a nation", well this FSR won't be drowning me or a great deal of others in the Chelsea nation there on Saturday.

Like I said support the team, he can GTFO asap. Anyway if you believe the reports some of the players may well appreciate us giving him a volley. I'd never criticise those who choose not to.

Just curious, who do you want more The Bumbling One or the Incompetent One? I have to vote for The Bumbling One. Ok he is a Millwall Legend but I can live w/ that

wpid-West-Ham-Relegated8230-Or-Avram-Gra

Benitez won't get sacked IMO. I know it's painful to watch sometimes but he's off at the end of the season and that's okay with me. As long as the players rally together for the last 15-20 or so games and win the majority of them we'll make top 4 IMO. That's all we need to focus on now - support the team by creating a good atmosphere for the players whenever we have a game.

Fair enough. My great fear was that he'd remain on beyond the summer - that's been clarified now. We have important matches every week and I want us to win as many as possible.

If the results are good, he stays and then goes in the summer.

If the results are bad, he may well get sacked before.

Part of me does wonder if people are booing because they want him gone, and the results don't matter to them. That seems very much like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Benitez won't get sacked IMO. I know it's painful to watch sometimes but he's off at the end of the season and that's okay with me. As long as the players rally together for the last 15-20 or so games and win the majority of them we'll make top 4 IMO. That's all we need to focus on now - support the team by creating a good atmosphere for the players whenever we have a game.

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

I don't really think there's much left to be said in this thread as we know what's gonna happen.

He's going to be here until the end of the season and then he will leave. If he was going to be sacked, he woulda been out by now because we've been shocking. We just have to stop the stupid speculation and stop posting the stupid links and stupid stories and odds etc etc. Whilst we're losing games, in his mind the fat cunt is in a no lose situation. He'll either get sacked with a nice pay off or complete his contract and get fulfil his salary, either way, he's sweet. On the other hand, our hierarchy are plotting their next managerial move.

Re vamp in the Summer. I just wish it was June already. He wont be gone before then though so we just need to be patient and support the team because there's a lot still left in this season and they need our backing.

Just curious, who do you want more The Bumbling One or the Incompetent One? I have to vote for The Bumbling One. Ok he is a Millwall Legend but I can live w/ that

wpid-West-Ham-Relegated8230-Or-Avram-Gra

I'd go for Average Grunt if really pushed, I knew, most of us knew he was an ordinary manager. What he did have was the sense to leave well alone, left it to Clark and Ten Cate and kept the players onside. Heck if he had Robbie's luck, I'd have been walking around Moscow not caring about the rain and missing flights etc.

This bloke's (FSW) dangerous because he truly believes he's a really special and talented manager, those traits and his unfailingly large ego make for a car crash waiting to happen.

I am loving every second of this but not because I hate Benitez that much. No, this club deserves to be mired in shit because of the way it's run and the way the people at the top behave. All the issues we're having right now is their comeuppance and missing on top 4 would really be the cherry on top.

It's a shame some of the players and supporters have to suffer for the actions of the idiots in charge.

I have never been so ashamed of the club as I am now.

Your word is bond, bro (as always).

As long as it won't back-fire them, they will keep on with their behaviour. They deserve a major reality check and a supreme slap in the face. And I strongly believe that for a long-term perspective, a big reality check is needed for the board. So they can come back on earth and realize that the way they run the club is not good.

I laughed at Rafa complaining about 'interim' title and the lack of respect that comes with the word. That respect has to be earned through hard work. Good man management skills quickly get you the respect of the players and not insulting the fans goes a long way too as far as the supporters' trust in the manager is concerned. Hiddink and Di Matteo didn't do too badly during their periods as interim managers, so maybe Benitez should look in the mirror every once in a while and find some faults in himself too and not just blame everyone else for his problems.

I would honestly take Avram Grant back for the rest of the season, anyone other than Benitez would be a step in the right direction. I know there aren't many options out there but at this point I would take literally anyone, at least it would remove all the hostile atmosphere around the club and the players started giving a fuck again when they wouldn't have to work with a clueless idiot like Rafael Benitez any more.