The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

I wonder when the new manager arrives, if he will be faced with a tough decision to sell an attacking midfielder. As it is now when you take Moses out of the equation the attack in midfield is too narrow and the manager may be hard pressed to sacrifice someone in order to bring in more width on both flanks. KDB has played as a winger with Genk and gets out wide at times for Belgium so he can transition easily but now it's become an issue between Mata and Oscar. Mata has become such a fan favorite and Oscar is the #10 for Brazil. If they are OK splitting time then it's a plus. But for how long? None of these midfielders are a fit as a central holding midfielder, capable of patrolling that space consistently without bombarding forward and leaving the defense open to counter attacks. Nor would I want their best abilities shackled. I believe Lazar Markovic is coming to Chelsea in the summer and he would provide the speedy winger they need. I can see more growing pains ahead during this major transition and can't fault the manager if a player or two is sold because none of these current players would accept a loan kindly.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen I don't like him and I made it clear from day one, I've even wisdomed my self distanceing me a bit from my blue blood just for the time Rafa is ther... but the fans are ridiciulus for what they do, and he is right in his interview they play a part in us play'n so bad, it was fine to stand up in the 16th minute and call RDMs name... but its not fine booing players and trainers... I've even don't jeered for bosingwa when I've been to the bridge and I dint't like him, even Ballack whom I liked equally less to bosingwa... I cheered them...but they're at our club they're with us we have to take them to give it our all in the stadium so they can't withstand the atmosphere and get carried by it. Listen... Rafa will go (hopefully) but this interimtitle and this permanent jeering doesn't do any good.... what have you achieved till now?

At Valencia, it was the board's fault. At Liverpool, it was the board's fault. At Inter, it was the board's fault. At Chelsea it was the fans' fault...... and the board's fault.

Years ago people used to compare and contrast him with Jose Mourinho.

History has repeatedly proven that Benitez is not fit to lick the dirt from Mourinho's shoes.

Frank Sinclair speaks his mind......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21619807

Alan Pardew does talk crap sometimes, if not most of the time!

And Newcastle boss Alan Pardew said Chelsea's hierarchy might regret giving Benitez the 'interim' title.

"The title probably didn't do him any favours," he said. "It probably didn't help Chelsea, and perhaps even upstairs, they might regret that title, if you want to call it that."

Even if Benitez's title was the 'Manager' rather than 'Interim Manager', it still wouldn't stop fans from chanting against him. Furthermore, as many have pointed out, Hiddink and RDM didn't seem to have any problems with the 'Interim' title and both won trophies with us! Even Steve Clarke has said "a title is just a title". Benitez should be thankful that he got the job in the 1st place!

You Were Right All the times?

I was wrong with the severity of Hilario's injury when I announced he was rushed away in an ambulance

And the Kalou being exiled story was from a different source

The amount of times I've been right largely outweighs the wrong.

I'm certain many on the forum will vouch for that.

I was wrong with the severity of Hilario's injury when I announced he was rushed away in an ambulance

And the Kalou being exiled story was from a different source

The amount of times I've been right largely outweighs the wrong.

I'm certain many on the forum will vouch for that.

Yeah I remember some...
But it's too good to be true....
I would believe if you said someone else and not Jose...

Yeah I remember some...
But it's too good to be true....
I would believe if you said someone else and not Jose...

I'm more certain about this than any of my other stories.

As I previously said the person that's told my mate is with Roman Abramovich on a daily basis.

The reason Fatty said he is going nowhere so emphatically is because he is waiting for the contract to be terminated by Abramovich so he will get his pay off. That will be on top of the £86m the club has paid to terminate the other managers contracts.

The bloke has no self respect.

I'm more certain about this than any of my other stories.

As I previously said the person that's told my mate is with Roman Abramovich on a daily basis.

How much money have you bet on this yourself? If you're so certain, it should be an easy way to double your money with 5/4 odds. ;)

The reason Fatty said he is going nowhere so emphatically is because he is waiting for the contract to be terminated by Abramovich so he will get his pay off. That will be on top of the £86m the club has paid to terminate the other managers contracts.

The bloke has no self respect.

The Fat cunt doesn't deserve a pay-off.

My concern is that if someone like Benitez can come to Chelsea, manage our club for a few months and then get a nice pay-off...it sends the wrong message to other average managers.

Bet the likes of Pellegrini would love to manage Chelsea...just stay in London for 6 months, watch the team hit a rough patch..and then enjoy a nice payoff whilst you look for your next job back in Spain..