RDM Sacked. Who's next?

CHOULO19

Next Manager  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the next CFC manager?

Juan Mata

It's been a difficult day. Roberto Di Matteo is no longer our manager. I would like to thank him for all this time with us and wish him the best of luck for the future. As a player he has been a legend for the 'Blues'. With him as a manager we won our first Champions League. He will always be remembered. Good luck Robbie!

Juan Mata, as classy as ever.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong, I hate the fat Spanish waiter,but when you weight it up, he does seem more likely to succeed here. For starters, his PL experience is a huge bonus over Pep. Rafa knows English football and he knows how to play in the PL.Moreover, if appointed, this will be Pep's first challenge outside Barcelona; there is no guarantee that he replicate his success here. Also, Benitez's style of play does seem much more attainable than Pep's.

Rafa does have experience in PL, is a good tactician, but I can't see him more than a 'short-term' manager. He had a wonderful chance to show his calibre with Liverpool, but he never showed up.

I still regard Pep as the ideal manager, though he has never played in pl, I don't think it's a big risk as much as it was when we got Mou or AVB, both of them were unproven in Pl too.

But I would choose Rafa, if We can't get Pep. The only worry I have for Rafa is the tremendous pressure he will recieve because of the past grudges (specially from our fans.)

I can't believe Roman is being questioned, the reaction by some on here you would think he was Hicks or Gillett.

Roman loves the club, we might not agree with everything he does but he makes decision's to what he thinks we can improve on. Why is he trying to bring Guardiola in? to destroy us?

We have an ambitious and dedicated owner who loves the club and is prepared to do whatever it takes to make us successful, we don't know how lucky we are, forget managerial stability that's a bonus, we have got something not many clubs in the world have A STABLE OWNER.

I don't agree with the STABLE owner thing. Abrahimovich will not be here forever. It's is necessary to be self sufficient. Money will end one day. Also, who knows if he loses the interest in the future?

Anyway, I am not an anti-Roman fan. I don't think any Chelsea fan should be. But he got this completely wrong. There are no other great managers available currently. He has just sacked a Man Chelsea through and through. Just a few weeks ago we were at the top of Pl. This was reckless.

Add to that, there is no way Pep will come in the mid season. And what is the gurantee that other manager will improve the results? I can't see them having better understanding than RDM. And what if Pep comes and fails? Where to go from this?

Despite winning the CL, reaching another final and finishing 2nd in the league?

Rafa is a good manager, nto expectional though.

I hate him, but he knows how to prepare his team to exactly what they need to do. He has never done anyhing embarassing with his team (except Inter, but there were a lot of things out of his comand there), he has a very good Cup record but never did anything expectacular in the League. Benitez only made what was expected and his 2nd place was far behind Manure. He has not a great talent eye, he is famous for buying expensive flops (jus like Kenny Dalglish).

For me, Roman still cant accept Torres failure and after RDM`s gamble turned out the way it did, he decided to get rid of someone he never wanted and put someone who he thinks is Torres last hope (since it is pretty clear Rafa wont be a long term deal).

Rafa isn't a defensive manager.

Inter had defensive players. So he used defensive tactics there.

Liverpool had Torres. He knew how to get the best out of him. So he deployed counter-attacking tactics.

At Valencia, he had possession-based attacking tactics, while deploying counter-attacking tactics when needed. I could compare what he had them doing on the pitch to what Real Madrid do now.

He's been different at all the clubs he's managed.

He did the "Spanish Job" with Valencia. Does anyone remember the player Aimar was under Rafa at Valencia? Imagine what he could potentially do with any 3 of our maestros.

With the striker he made 'one of the best' at one point. (Well, in some people's eyes anyway.)

With the financial power no other club he's been at could offer.

There COULD be allot of positives to appointing Rafa. No need for all the pessimism.

We hate him too much to admit there are some positives.

But I think he was more of a cup knockout manager than a league manager.

Yeah, let's all forget Rafa's torrid time at Inter. Why is hardly any one bringing this up?

His tactician attribute is overrated. He's lost it ages ago - first after Liverpool's downfall, then he carried on by turning EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS Inter into a mediocre team.

Rafa benitez does not like passing football. That's what worries me even more.

'My ideas are near to the Milan of Arrigo Sacchi. I like technical and aggressive teams that don’t allow the opponents to play. I like teams that play the ball with speed and look to score with as few passes as possible.' - Rafa Benitez (2004)

Rafa benitez does not like passing football. That's what worries me even more.

'My ideas are near to the Milan of Arrigo Sacchi. I like technical and aggressive teams that don’t allow the opponents to play. I like teams that play the ball with speed and look to score with as few passes as possible.' - Rafa Benitez (2004)

It's not like we had much success with passing football so far.. :wank2: