RDM Sacked. Who's next?

CHOULO19

Next Manager  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the next CFC manager?

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We really need to stop slagging Roman off. He is an ambitious owner who loves the club he may make decision's we don't agree with but at the end of the day he wants the same thing for this club, success.

He changes manager more than the norm yes but as Terminator_X said Arsenal are rich in managerial stability and look where that's got them.

I don't believe they would sack Di Matteo and get an interim manager again to keep things ready for Guardiola next summer. I think Guardiola has come to a decision and told the club whether he's taking the job or not.

Here's my theory; Guardiola has told them he is not interested now and won't be interested next summer. Benitez is the new long-term (if such a thing exists at Chelsea) manager methinks.

I agree somewhat with this. I think most managers can win with good teams. Nobody thinks Grant was a particularly good manager, but Chelsea were fantastic under him and we were unlucky not to win the CL. RDM was not regarded particularly highly as a manager, but we won the CL with him. Where managers can make a big difference is negatively. If a manager can't communicate with players either personally or with his tactics, the team will suffer. Overall though, if you get a manager who can communicate properly and knows his football, I don't think it matters all that much which manager you choose. Any manager would do well at Barca and every manager will do poorly with Reading.

I agree, but a manager with a great football IQ that know how to give intructions and training can make it better (or worse). Barcelona will still win and Reading will still lose, but you can make Barça win by 4-0 (Pep) or by 3-2 (Tito). You can see the difference in Barcelona`s tactics...

Alright now that we are done with cursing the board, let's try and change the discussion a bit:

Am I the only one who thinks that Pep is a much bigger risk than Rafa?

Why?? Would love to hear you out. :)

BBC Sport@BBCSport

BBC Sport understands Rafa Benitez is flying to London from Abu Dhabi to hold further managerial talks with Chelsea. #CFC #bbcsportsday

Fuck it I'm gonna say it, I like Rafa, I like him a lot. Tactically astute, charismatic, a proven, top quality manager. Would I rather Pep? Absolutely, how will this all work out? I haven't a clue but something had to change, Benitez is a step in the right direction in my opinion.

If Benitez is given funds to bring in elite, top class players in January, even if it is just to set the team up for Pep, we WILL be right there challenging for the title.

Put your hatred for the man aside for a moment and realize that he is an excellent manager. I'm not nearly as down on him as many here are. I think he can do a job.

He changes manager more than the norm yes but as Terminator_X said Arsenal are rich in managerial stability and look where that's got them.

Managerial consistency doesn't make you win, it just gets you better results than you can be expected to have. Arsenal are constantly better than they should be. That's where managerial stability gets them. They don't win titles because they don't spend money. In the last 3 seasons, we've spent over 200M pounds more than we've made from buying and selling players. In that same time period, Arsenal have made millions on their transfers. We should be miles better than Arsenal, but we're not. We're pretty much on the same plateau-we'll likely be fighting for third at the end of the season.