RDM Sacked. Who's next?

CHOULO19

Next Manager  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the next CFC manager?

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know why u dont like Rafa..He is one of the best coaches in world..I'm really surprised with u guys. After City's game u will love him I'm sure.

Fuck off are you his agent? Guys a massive (feel free to fill in the blank)!!!

Thought I would let everyone have their say first but lets be honest are we that shocked? It was obvious with the time it took Roman and the board to give Robbie the job in the summer that he was not their main man, and I suspect they had someone else lined up but knew the backlash they would get if they didn't give him a chance. I believe the brilliant start to the season has forced Roman and the board to believe that the team was already where he wanted them to be but I always had my doubts. So the board think we are there and then some bad results come and we look poor again so they believe its time for a change in manager because that is what has worked for the club in the past. Sad thing is there is NO way we will complete this transition with short term commitments.

It's quite clear Guardiola is the man Roman wants but if he stands by his word and has a year out then the next manager will just be a temp so you can rule out Redknapp (thank fuck as i hate him with a passion). I can take it when the club are the most hated around that doesn't bother me but when we are a laughing stock that is when it hurts me.

I hope the fans sing Robbies name loud and proud on Sunday and as frustrating as it is supporting this football club at times i'll be glued to the TV again Sunday filling myself with hope like I do week in week out. Good luck to legend in true meaning of the word that Robbie is, I will always remember him as the manager who made our dreams come true.

P.S.: I have had enough of Torres, three great managers have been already sacked, because of that cunt. Sell him as soon as possible! What do you want to prove Roman, that he isn't failure? He is. Don't try to prove something you can't.

Artur :wub: Great to see you again.

And absolutely spot on my friend.

I don't see any other viable explanation to it. Why else hire Benitez till the end of the season? He won't achieve much here at all, he's been on the decline as a manager for a long time.

He doesn't even like his team to play possession football.

Maybe he's the only manager that wants the job? best available candidate? not everything has to be about Torres.

We owe him fuck all, he's brought us to the next level but at the same time made us the laughing stock of world football. We are not his fucking toy.

Overreaction, the same thing that happened when AVB was fired, and Roman had the last laugh. He will be laughing again soon :P

We owe him fuck all, he's brought us to the next level but at the same time made us the laughing stock of world football. We are not his fucking toy.

I know, we are not his toy but at the same time we are...

I prefer crazy Abramovich than Glazer though, he makes us look like a clown but it can get worse.

See it as half full instead of half empty.

Maybe he's the only manager that wants the job? best available candidate? not everything has to be about Torres.

Anyone else think that a deal is already in place for Pep? I really can't see them doing this without a solid plan!!

Some quotes from the fan group...if not already posted if so sorry!

About the sacking:

"I expected them to give him a little longer, especially given the amount of injuries we've had and the fact we haven't had another striker. I just think it's a mad decision at a mad time.

"I personally didn't agree with Roberto Di Matteo becoming manager. But they gave him the job so they should have given him at least a year. We are bedding in new players, a new style of play. You can't just take the job away from him."

"I'm not shocked. We know what the board of directors are like, they've done it before and they'll probably do it again. I'm very disappointed for Robbie Di Matteo and Eddie Newton. We think they deserve to be treated in a far better fashion.

"When he was only given a year's contract people had half an idea that he wouldn't last."

About Roman:

Chelsea wouldn't be in the position they are in without Mr Abramovich, he's been fantastic for us.

"But the board of directors who work for him have to stand up for themselves, they have to stand up for the supporters and give him some better advice. We're used to it at Chelsea now."

"I trust Roman because he's a winner. But I'm not sure his advisors always have the best interests of the club at heart.

"We can't build a dynasty as such, it's just piecemeal. We want longevity.

"If you're given the choice between two big clubs and one of them is Chelsea who have the propensity to sack managers at the drop of a hat, which one are you going to choose?

"We've appointed a stop-gap manager too often. It would leave us in limbo."

And Rafa....

TF: "Benitez will just not be accepted by Chelsea supporters. I don't think Benitez is a good manager, he's been out of work for two years now - if he was any good why hasn't any other club snapped him up?

DJ: "Rafa Benitez is not a Chelsea manager. Some people are born to play for or manage certain clubs and for us, Benitez isn't what we want. When he was Liverpool manager and Jose Mourinho was Chelsea boss there was a bit of 'beef' between them.

"He was very dismissive of Chelsea, very rude towards us and my impression of him was, whenever anything went wrong, it was always somebody else's fault - not his."

Who next:

DJ: "The best three managers that Chelsea can go for now are Jose Mourinho, Guus Hiddink or Pep Guardiola.

"I think Guardiola was very fortunate at Barcelona that he had a brilliant crop of players. I think he'd be fantastic for us and I think Abramovich has half a mind to go and get him but I don't think he'd find things as easy for him here."

TF: "We don't want Avram Grant or Harry Redknapp. The big one is Pep Guardiola but I believe he's already ruled himself out for this period so I don't think he's available until next season. But, given Chelsea's record of sacking managers, I don't think anybody will last any length of time if they go two, three, four games without winning."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20424576

wow, the one day i dont check Football news and my mate has to bring it up to me in school. go fucking figure.

Managemnt, you know what they dont even deserve to be called mangement anymore, their just kids in a playground. tinkering with this and that with no Goal, Strategy and tactics leading the way. And you know what it's entirely right to pin point blame on Roman Abromovich, no doubt about it. When your Boss hires you do they ONLY look at your resume? hell no! they try and figure out your personality, your mindset, enthusiasm for the job and professionalism. and time and time again Roman Abromovich has gotten it all fucking wrong. Yes he's brought or (bought) great success to this club which nobody is doubting but does that mean he does no wrong, and we should see no evil? might as well be the anti-Christ if hating on him is forbidden.

He's the boss and clearly, after all these some-odd years later, still cannot read into a potential manger of this club and see that they will (get this) CONTINUALLY LEAD US FOR MORE THAN 2 YEARS. Was RDM the man for the long run, probably not but because of 1 bad month, 1 !?!? Tell me did RDM have the dressing room against him? did he alienate the same players Roman Abramovich let fire Scolari?! or did he clash with Roman Abromovich like Jose? but they all got a longer time period than him.....

im at a loss for words, really am at Roman's and the whole fucking Board's ineptness at finding suitable candidates and sticking by their side. What does it show you when you see that every manger Roman has hired has also been fired? dont know about you but for me it shows me we have some clowns running the show up top who are a bunch of

'yes men'.

What the fuck do Bruce Buck, Ron Gourlay and the rest of the fags on our board of directors actually do apart from sack managers? Its good to know that the money I pay to watch us play is going towards big fat pay offs to managers a few months into a 4 year contract that the twats in charge have given them.

Anyone else at the game on Sunday up for a rendition of 'You don't know what you're doing' whilst pointing at the directors box?