Victor Moses

Superblue

3 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Has been average since end of last season. Really need new fullbacks !! Urgently.

When I said Azpilicueta should take over from Moses in the RWB role, my friends keep telling me Moses is better in the wingback positions. Everyone says Azpi can't play there and I think it's a baseless suggestion. Just because Azpilicueta is so good in the RCB role doesn't mean he can’t do better in the wingback role, just because he was good at LB for mourinho doesn't mean he can’t be better in the right back position. Azpi got more assists last season than Moses from centerback and similar goals even. 

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

Not his god awful crossing or foul throws?

His foul throws are just weird. How can you be a pro footballer and not know how to take a throw in???? :D
His crossing is on and off, but his shooting has been consistently bad. He always seems to try the same shot when he really has a scoring chance (sidefoot shot) and it usually goes straight to the keeper.

• 2 weeks later...

Can somebody please tell me what Moses adds to our team?

Honestly, how are Stoke's! WBs pinning Moses back for the entirety of that match? 

I've never seen a player so scared to push forward. (Actually, that's a lie. See Alonso.) Idk why, but Moses concedes so much space when defending like he doesn't have the pace to recover. And that hurts the team so much because it allows the opposition to effectively camp in our half because Alonso does the same thing in the other side. 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

People keep going on about Zappacosta like he's actually any better. Apart from his goal and 2-3 moments against Qarabag, he hasn't really done anything worthwhile to stand out and last week against Forest, thought he was rather ordinary.

He has barely played. Also being ordinary is better than poor(Moses)

7 minutes ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

He has barely played. Also being ordinary is better than poor(Moses)

True but even in limited game time, you can make your mark and Zappacosta hasn't. Moses isn't great by any means but think people will be left disappointed if they expect Zappacosta to come in and do better than him immediately.

49 minutes ago, Jason said:

True but even in limited game time, you can make your mark and Zappacosta hasn't. Moses isn't great by any means but think people will be left disappointed if they expect Zappacosta to come in and do better than him immediately.

If he presses the midfielder/fullback and gets crosses in the box he is better than him!

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Have watched the Batshuayi winner at Atleti a lot and Moses was very close to screwing the moment as Alonso played the ball in. So very close!

He didn't, though. So what's your excuse for bashing one of our players for no reason?