Victor Moses

Superblue

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Nigeria's Victor Moses announces decision to retire from international football to focus on Chelsea

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelseas-victor-moses-announces-decision-to-retire-from-international-football-a3912496.html

• 3 weeks later...

Victor Moses to play as winger this season, confirms Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri

Sarri was asked why Moses why not playing and replied: ‘Because he changed the position in the pitch. Now we are trying to let him to play like a winger.

‘So we changed the position and in the new position I think he needs to improve.’

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/31/victor-moses-to-play-as-winger-this-season-confirms-chelsea-boss-maurizio-sarri-7900862/

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Barkley should be switched to RW. Far better than Moses. The change Moses needed was to be sold as soon as the window opened.

What's next, Drinkwater at striker?

Think about it Mrs. Has there EVER been a manager put a team out that you have been completely happy with? I can't think of 1 myself.

Theres been some that I've hung my head and wondered WHY????

So right now I'm thinking along the lines of Sarri still finding his way thru his best options.

I don't see him as a over emotional guy but instead looks at all his angles. I don't see him playing someone who is going to fuck the balance up for too long.

He's doing OK so far IMHO so I'll give him as much space and time he needs until it looks like what hes doing isn't working.

But right now even with the work that obviously needs to be done and some tweaks made I like the way it's shaping up! We knew this wasn't going to be an overnight fix and I think its a much harder transition the lads have had to do than Conte year 1.

One game at a time and I love eating cherries!

Oh, I dont think Moses will see much playing time. My main point (or question) was what about trying Barkley at winger. I really rate him AND Kovacic. Want them both on the pitch.

Barkley is, IMHO, superior in most facets of rhe game to Moses. Maybe Moses wins on sheer stamina and durability, but Barkley seems a far better winger prospect. 

I don't think Moses is a shit player at all, like I do with Luiz, he could be starting for well over half the EPL teams. He just isn't needed here. I am overall thrilled with Sarri, over the moon on all things save his refusal to start AC over Luiz.

I am going to stop whinging on about Luiz until he seriously fucks up. I am boring even myself.

If Moses comes good as a winger, then I am truly happy as it adds to his resale value.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, the wes said:

Moses considering leaving in January I don't know why we didn't sell him in the summer 

https://www.goal.com/en/news/moses-the-latest-chelsea-player-to-start-considering/nht1c34xxewn1a4j8n2zo5gbl

Cahil Christensen Zappa Moses Drinkwater etc etc January sales here we come, at this rate we will have 11 players to play 60+games 

• 1 month later...