Victor Moses

Superblue

• 3 weeks later...

So frustrating to watch. First half he was okay but there was several moments where he took Young on, beat him but then fucking went back to try skin him again. Second half every cross was hit at 100mph straight into the first man. His defensive work is pretty decent for a former winger but in big games being decisive in the final third is crucial and hes struggled with that big time in his whole career. 

Just now, Special Juan said:

Heart like a pea. He was up against Ashley fucking Young, and time after time he was faced with Young backing off, he still couldn't beat the first man never mind Young.

Our wing backs are Championship level.

overstatement....league one level at best...

It looks like he has a strong competitor when it comes to foul throw-ins. Aurier from Spurs made a real mess out of them today.

Anyway, the way he wanted to attack, pass and cross.... everything so wrong, so wrong. And the diagonal long balls sent to him were super, and if we had a proper full back, we would be way more dangerous from that right flank.

1 hour ago, milan.cech said:

It looks like he has a strong competitor when it comes to foul throw-ins. Aurier from Spurs made a real mess out of them today.

Anyway, the way he wanted to attack, pass and cross.... everything so wrong, so wrong. And the diagonal long balls sent to him were super, and if we had a proper full back, we would be way more dangerous from that right flank.

I watched that game Aurier was awful both him and Baka were good players in the French league who have been struggling with life in the PL 

It's not only that his skills are limited, it's mostly his poor decision making that holds him back from being a top player. Mainly the choice to dribble/pass/cross around the edge of the opponent's box, which frustrates the hell out of me. There were multiple instances against Man U where he could have helped the team to create scoring chances but he bottled them instead.

He won't be here for long, his career here will end with Conte. He was an emergency solution at a time when somebody simply needed to play that position and his physical attributes fit the bill, but I find it unbelievable a year later this emergency solution is still our starting wing-back. Don't see us continuing with 3 CBs with a new manager and can't see any coach rating Moses as a winger or full-back. He might offer something playing left wing and being a cut-in-shoot merchant, but don't see him having a career on the right side here where he needs to play more of a supportive role.

He deserves credit for last season, but please- someone make it stop. Enough is enough.

Defensively he is okay, I guess. But every time he is on the ball, I want to rip my eyes out. We're not that of an attacking side, we can't waste so many opportunities. I don't get why a decent amount of our attacks still goes through him. We would be better to literally attack every time from Alonso's side. I have no doubt that this is one of the main reasons of why we bottled the top4. So many attacks go to waste.

If he is still in the starting line up after the summer... boy oh boy.

I think last season he looked good because the amount of times he actually faced up against opponents 1 v 1 was very minimal because full backs weren't sure to pick up Willian or Pedro or the actual wing back themselves, we could always overload centrally or have Willian/Pedro come out wide to create 2  v 1s in wider positions. When hes got space to run into from diagonals or whatever hes a different player because he doesn't have to do anything particularly spectacular except be there. His ability to take players on, for a former winger, is shocking. His end product is even worse. I thought last season he'd turned a corner and looked like he could of been a more than decent player here but this season, backwards steps. 

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Defendings actually his strongest asset.

Yup, weirdly I think he doesn't get the credit for the level he has worked himself up to defensively. You rarely see him beat and when somebody does he's still got that great athleticism to recover (case in point: the Barcelona game with Alba beating him once or twice and him still clearing or winning the ball); there's really not many RB I would take over him defensively.

Plus, if he played as a RB ideally we wouldn't be relying on his on-ball qualities as much. His value from a tactics-POV would be completely different.