Oscar

themightyblue

Hazard and Mata have played on the wings but by no means are they wingers, they are very much attacking midfielders, and Hazard never played in the middle for Lille (as they play the 4-3-3) and has only done so a few times for Belgium and Chelsea. Valencia is a winger, you know why he is a winger? Because he stays out wide and gives the team width. Mata and Hazard have never given width to teams nor is their job to.

Winger = Antonio Valencia, Angel Di Maria

Attacking Midfielder = Juan Mata, Eden Hazard

Inside Forward = Hulk, Cristiano Ronaldo

Wide Midfielder = Ryan Giggs, David Beckham, Florent Malouda

Seconday Striker = Alesandro Del Piero, Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Target Man = Didier Drogba, Alan Shearer

Poacher = Fernando Torres, Alex Pato

You see just because they occupy the same area of the pitch doesn't mean they are the same type of player. Mata, Valencia and Hulk can all play out wide but do they do the same thing? No they don't.

GEt your point. But what is Arjen Robben, Ribery, e.g. then? Players who can play on both wings but prefer to play on the flank they can cut in on theri strong foot but can also go wide?

I don't see how it would produce the same outcome...?

You will argue that lampard isn't defensive enough and will venture forward which will cause gaps, however i think that firstly that 3 will produce much more chances than a 3 with Raul meireles and Ramires, which should well mean more goals, than we have and definately more creativity... It will also mean greater possession of the ball, which means less of them with the ball.... Also lampard will have less need to venture forward as we will have players capable of creating things, especially with mata back, who is great at setting people up...

For me the outcome will not be the same with those 3...

No words.

I will remember this going on in the season, then tell me if you still stand by Lampard and Mikel in the defensive midfield duties while playing attacking football. I can't express how many times i stated that it wont work.

---------------Torres----------------

Mata-------------------------Hazard

----------Oscar--Ramires----------

---------------Romeu-----------------

A.Cole-------------------------Ivanovic

----------J.Terry----Luiz--------------

-----------------Cech------------------

This for me is easily our best option for an attacking approach. Hazard drives through the middle, Ramires can fill the wide role and push forward like wise for Ashley Cole and Mata. Romeu the holding midfield duty, Oscar the orchestration. Mata and Hazard the creativity. Put in Marin for Mata as a sub, Lampard/Mikel for Romeu/Ramires/Oscar. Sturridge for Torres. This won't be implemented right away but i'm hoping that this gets worked on, for movement off the ball and pressure within the attack and midfield.

GEt your point. But what is Arjen Robben, Ribery, e.g. then? Players who can play on both wings but prefer to play on the flank they can cut in on theri strong foot but can also go wide?

Robben would be an Inside Forward. 9 times out of ten Robben will try to beat his marker and shoot at goal 30 yards out. The Robben of Chelsea is long dead.

Ribery is ambidexterous so it doesn't really matter what side he is played on, I would call him an attacking midfielder, but unlike someone like Mata his isn't that great when played through the middle.

my favourit Lineup/s:

--------------------------Studge/Torres----------------------------

-----------------------------------(studge)---------------------------

Matza/Hazard----------------------------------------Hazard/Oscar

---------------------Mata/Hazard/Oscar----------------------------

Josh/Ramy/Lamps--------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------Mikel/Ramy/Ess------------

Ash/Bert--------Terry/Cahill------Luiz/Bane-------Azpi/Bane/Hutcho

---------------------------------Pete---------------------------------------

and to me rotate the shit out of them I dont care...

No words.

I will remember this going on in the season, then tell me if you still stand by Lampard and Mikel in the defensive midfield duties while playing attacking football. I can't express how many times i stated that it wont work.

This for me is easily our best option for an attacking approach. Hazard drives through the middle, Ramires can fill the wide role and push forward like wise for Ashley Cole and Mata. Romeu the holding midfield duty, Oscar the orchestration. Mata and Hazard the creativity. Put in Marin for Mata as a sub, Lampard/Mikel for Romeu/Ramires/Oscar. Sturridge for Torres. This won't be implemented right away but i'm hoping that this gets worked on, for movement off the ball and pressure within the attack and midfield.

I like your formation. If we sign Azpilicueta, I would put him on the right back.

Ivanovic as a back-up in centre back and right back if needed or even as a centre back in the first team.

What I like the most is that the midfield would have more pace for pressing opponents. Romeu and Oscar good on the ball and Ramires who would help on both end of the field.

Yup this is exaclty what i want to see too, I think it would bring out the best in what we have in our squad and produce the best results. Chances of us seeing this happen though are very slim, Mikel and Lampard will be the main men in midfield and one of best players over the last 2 years Ramires will be forced out wide or a bit part role.

No words.

No words? I don't see what you are arguing against, i didn't say that we would be amazing defensively and the 4-2-3-1 would suddenly be supreme however i said that the 4-2-3-1 would be improved through the addition of oscar and mata, which you haven't argued against... .. I also said that we woul be better in attack and and as a result better in defence... Also why have you highlighted "greater posession", are you saying that the addittion of mata and oscar won't result in greater control of the ball? And i like your line up though i doubt RDM will play it...

Can we please stop with this hazard is an am thing?as I said in another thread,he always played as a winger,I have no idea where you guys and rdm are taking this from.about Oscar struggling in the epl,he probably won't.80% of his game is all about movement and passing,not dribbling or outrunning opponents.I see him becoming very similar to cesc

Unlike several others jizzing over Oscar after vieweing the Olympics where most are under 23 players, I feel he will struggle in Premier League in the first season. Brazilian players from midfielders to defenders to strikers are ball hoggers. Oscar will learn the harsh way that in premier league you cant keep the ball with you for too long as the game moves fast and tackles are flying. Ramirez and Luiz experienced it the hard way.

He is the playmaker in the midfield and he will have tackles flying at him. He is just 20 and he will learn. He will lose the ball as a result and this could harm us.

Holy stereotyping batman.

No words.

I blasted you in the past for leaving out Ramires.

Now you finnally wise up!

So good work. blue%20scalf.gif

Although defense could change depend on people's need/wants. Like Cahill, Bertand and potentially if Azpi comes in.

But other then that the midfield and forwards looks great.....well only if Romeu is with Chelsea after two seasons.

Cause right now is very risky counting him for long term plans, till he proves he wants to be here and not back to Barcelona.

P.S. Your formation....I think that's the 4-1-4-1 RDM was trying to work in the pre season. Just that Oscar and Ramires will be central and Ramires and Oscar can drop a bit lower if they want, while Mata, Hazard and Torres are more forward attackers.

I wouldn't mind seeing Oscar in a midfield 3 playing in a 4-3-3 because he would still have the freedom to roam but what an absolute waste it would be to play him as one of the pivots in a 4-2-3-1.

A lot of us have watched Brazil's game at the Olympics to see Oscar play, some of us had seen him play a few times for Brazil before that. I think it's fair to say that we've all been very impressed with him but we've been impressed with him playing in a forward role, that's his position. He is a natural number 10. Sure you could put him in he double pivot and he might be fine but playing high up the pitch, with the freedom to roam around the pitch, he has caught the eye of just about everybody and, along with Neymar, has been the star of the Olympic football tournament.

Playing in a double pivot severely limits the amount he can roam around the pitch, it limits him to just sitting and playing passes, which Im sure he would be good at but we have other players who can do that, we don't have a number 10 of his calibre.

Oscar has so much composure, it's unreal. His ball control isn't even all that impressive (yet), neither does he posses great agility but he could have a army surrounding him and he'd still find a way to escape with the ball remaining in his possession. And he and Neymar are football 'soul mates'. Their connection is simply amazing and they don't even play for the same club.

Romelu is also a player to look out for, great talent.

This is exactly how I would like to see us play, though in my dream world we sign De Rossi. Though Hazard would need to be instructed to stick on the wing for the most part of matches otherwise we seriously lack width. And a wide role suits him best at the moment. He obviously prefers to play in the middle but he's not ready for that role yet.

Can we please stop with this hazard is an am thing?as I said in another thread,he always played as a winger,I have no idea where you guys and rdm are taking this from.about Oscar struggling in the epl,he probably won't.80% of his game is all about movement and passing,not dribbling or outrunning opponents.I see him becoming very similar to cesc

At Lilles, It was the fullbacks who were giving width to the team. And the "wingers" would exchange their positions quite often.

When they were champions, in the second half of the season, they would play more like a 4-3-1-2 with Hazard behind Gervinho who would make the runs and Sow who was the target and also there to finish the actions.

Last season, in the beginning he played a lot in midfield, coming quite deep very often, Lille was having a lot of possession but lacked firework upfront as they lost Gervinho who was the guy making many runs and they've lost also the best cm with Cabaye who was orchestrating and dictating the tempo of the game the year before. Joe cole was even playing more upfront in the beginning of the year, as he had not the legs to play in midfield, he was quite useful as the guy who he would link up for driving throuhg lanes.

As the team were tired after the first part of the season, they change their way of playing, sitting deeper with less pressing, moving Hazard upfront behind the targetman DeMelo and using his pace in counter attack.

And in the european u17 championship when he attracted interest of big clubs, he was not playing as a winger, he was playing everywhere asking the ball, initiating almost all the offense of the team.

He never played like a true winger, like the Valencia and others of Man Utd.

I've read that Ferguson would have liked to train him in a Scholes mould. Their interest was not for playing him as a winger.