Oscar

themightyblue

You are one of the very few who understands that. But I am sure most of the folks here are gonna talk shit about him when he struggles ignoring the fact that they were jizzing on a 20yr olds performance against under 23 sides of Honduras and other smaller countries. Premier League is a totally different animal. He has the talent to succeed but going by the posts here too much is expected out of him too soon.

There's nothing wrong with getting excited about Oscar's performances in the Olympics.

He's a young player doing very well against players in the same age bracket, it would have been understandable if your argument was over people getting excited with someone like Hulk tearing everyone apart, which funnily enough he isn't doing :lol:

Anyway i watched him before the Olympics in friendlies against Denmark, USA and Argentina (like Land mentioned) and he impressed me there also.

Surely the fact he is only 20 is another reason to get more excited about him... As in he can play for loads more years and is still improving... If the alternative in that 3 is going to be Raul Merieles or Ramires, then we are entitled to get excited about the prospect of Oscar... He doesn't have to have an amazing first season, but the kid has a lot of talent, and i have no doubt our team is better with him in it that not... Adding to the fact he could have went to twattenham, makes this a great thing for Chelsea... blue%20scalf.gif

I am glad to see him at Chelsea,he was terrific at the Olympics.I don´t care about the number,to be honest 1-11 shouldn´t never be retired.I think numbers of great player´s,whose left the club,should been given to young players with good prospects,whose could as good,or even better as the player who had worn it before.

Unlike several others jizzing over Oscar after vieweing the Olympics where most are under 23 players, I feel he will struggle in Premier League in the first season. Brazilian players from midfielders to defenders to strikers are ball hoggers. Oscar will learn the harsh way that in premier league you cant keep the ball with you for too long as the game moves fast and tackles are flying. Ramirez and Luiz experienced it the hard way.

He is the playmaker in the midfield and he will have tackles flying at him. He is just 20 and he will learn. He will lose the ball as a result and this could harm us.

See what youre saying and Ramires took near enough a season to be comfortable -but we have quite a few boys from Brazil now who will let him know the SP. The Premier league can be physical, but the South American leagues are quite fond of kicking lumps out of each other as well, so not much of a learning curve in that respect.. theres the wet and freezing Wednesday night away at Sunderland argument, but most players know their full responsibilities now with a few exceptions ie Tevez.

With regard to positioning theres too much pigeon holeing going on -flexibilty, as with Luiz and Ramires all over the shop, is the key but behind and feeding Torres could be devastating.

No injuries.He didnt play for around 4 months but that was because of contract problems between Sao Paulo and Internacional

I got this from his Wikipedia page, so i dont know if its true...

Oscar's first season at Internacional was blighted by injury. However, he excelled in the 2011 season, making 44 appearances, scoring 13 goals and creating 13 assists.

Oscar, Hazard, Mata will all drift towards the centre limiting width. All three will also try to dictate play and probably just end up getting in each other's way.

This is exactly where the manager's coaching skills intervene, bro. If our manager cannot manage to give them the right instructions, and fails to be respected by them, then yes, these three players will end up walking in each other's way.

Though, if our manager tells them the right things to do on the pitch, and if they respect what Di Matteo told them to do, there shouldn't be any problems. Oscar, Hazard and Mata seem to be three clever players. The belgian and spaniard have the abilities to play in various positions on the pitch, as it seems to be also the case for Oscar.

Oscar said he was ready to play wherever the coach was asking him to play. Mata doesn't come across as a man who doesn't go against his coach's instructions. As for Hazard, I don't know enough of his temper. But all in all, there neither shouldn't be any problem regarding their willingness to play 'out of position'.

The bottom line is : if Roberto Di Matteo gets his job right, we shouldn't be worried about your concern.

Surely the fact he is only 20 is another reason to get more excited about him... As in he can play for loads more years and is still improving... If the alternative in that 3 is going to be Raul Merieles or Ramires, then we are entitled to get excited about the prospect of Oscar... He doesn't have to have an amazing first season, but the kid has a lot of talent, and i have no doubt our team is better with him in it that not... Adding to the fact he could have went to twattenham, makes this a great thing for Chelsea... blue%20scalf.gif

I agree with this. He'll only be 21 this season so him not being a superstar immediately doesn't mean he won't develop well. The issue is that if people expect too much right away, they will inevitably be disappointed. You saw some people on this board after Hazard's first poor pre-season game berating him. I expect Oscar to be a very good player long-term but he may take a year or two to get there.

And where is Uruguay now mate? You're kinda disagreeing with yourself mate.

What about Spain? Are you telling me they are League One standard?

Brazil didn't play Uruguay or Spain. (And there is no contradiction in saying that Uruguay was trying and still got knocked off). and Spain left their best players at home. Brazil has faced the under-23 sides of Belarus, New Zealand, Egypt, Honduras, and South Korea. The best team Brazil will face all tournament might be Mexico and their top player is probably Giovanni dos Santos who hasn't been good enough to be on the Spurs squad. It's a very weak tournament.

Brazil didn't play Uruguay or Spain. (And there is no contradiction in saying that Uruguay was trying and still got knocked off). and Spain left their best players at home.

Spain left their best players at home, really? Other than Thiago (who is injured), who are these 'best players' they didn't bring?

The best team Brazil will face all tournament might be Mexico and their top player is probably Giovanni dos Santos who hasn't been good enough to be on the Spurs squad.

Egypt and Korea are arguably better than Mexico.

It's a very weak tournament.

On paper with the teams involved it look weak, yes. But they are better than you give them credit for. If these teams were so poor why have some of the supposed best players looked so average. Cavani was almost non-existent, Hulk has looked mediocre, Mata, Javi Martinez, Sturridge etc.

Only a handfall of players have been really impressive, in particular Marcelo, Romulo, and Neymar.