Oscar

themightyblue

It's sad to say that, I feel like Oscar is already a better player than most of our midfielders including Lampard.

I love Lampard and no doubt he is a Chelsea legend, but there's a word you can't avoid in sports - AGE.

Oscar has consistently showed his qualities, don't argue with me with "it's just Olympics" or "he hasn't even played for us yet", class just simply can not be hidden.

Its just the olympics is an awful argument.We saw top players like Muniain,Javi Matinez,Suarez,Cavani,Adrian and even Mata flop.Oscar so far,has been the most brilliant player in this competition.This Neymar-Oscar duo is reminding me of Messi-Aguero from 2008.

Its just the olympics is an awful argument.We saw top players like Muniain,Javi Matinez,Suarez,Cavani,Adrian and even Mata flop.Oscar so far,has been the most brilliant player in this competition.This Neymar-Oscar duo is reminding me of Messi-Aguero from 2008.

Spot on mate, this forum's most sought-after Hulk has been out-shone by Oscar by miles, it tells you how good Oscar is and I have no doubts he will be a huge star at Chelsea.

It's sad to say that, I feel like Oscar is already a better player than most of our midfielders including Lampard.

I love Lampard and no doubt he is a Chelsea legend, but there's a word you can't avoid in sports - AGE.

Oscar has consistently showed his qualities, don't argue with me with "it's just Olympics" or "he hasn't even played for us yet", class just simply can not be hidden.

But lampard has been better than all our other midfielders that play similar roles... I highly doubt its an either or deal... I personally think both will be regulars and Lampard will probably be able to help oscar adjust to the prem... I too can't wait to see Oscar play for us, he will have a big role to play and i am pretty sure he will be a starter, as his passing and quality on the ball is something we need...

I'm so excited to see Oscar. I'm quite surprised we've managed to sign such a huge talent. He is my perfect type of player. A clever, quick footed, central midfielder with good physical ability. I know he is versatile and has said he'd play anywhere, but we should look to build the team around Oscar and Mata.

But lampard has been better than all our other midfielders that play similar roles... I highly doubt its an either or deal... I personally think both will be regulars and Lampard will probably be able to help oscar adjust to the prem... I too can't wait to see Oscar play for us, he will have a big role to play and i am pretty sure he will be a starter, as his passing and quality on the ball is something we need...

If Lampsy and Oscar are both on the pitch then I think Oscar will most likely be forced to the wings. Unless both Mata and Hazard are willing to play on the wings then Oscar can play in the hole.

If Lampsy and Oscar are both on the pitch then I think Oscar will most likely be forced to the wings. Unless both Mata and Hazard are willing to play on the wings then Oscar can play in the hole.

I think we will have Mata left Hazard right oscar middle then Lamps and mikel behind... Lamps won't need to venture forward as much as we have a lot of attacking threat ahead of him so lots of the holes that opened up should hopefully be closed...

What could change that is if someone like hulk were to sign then Oscar would get pushed back and Lampard may miss out, with hazard in the middle and Mata on the left...

I cannot see Oscar being anything other than a regular starter. I know a lot of people say that he's young and inexperienced but at the same time he is absolutely running the show for Brazil, and the first choice Brazil number 10 is not a rotation player for his club. Excited.

Oscar will wear the Chelsea number 11 jersey.

The midfielder, who is currently with the Brazilian team at the London Olympics, will fill the shirt vacated by Didier Drogba in the summer.

Drogba had worn the shirt since 2006, when he replaced Damien Duff having previously sported the number 15.

Prior to Duff, Boudewijn Zenden had inhabited the 11, having replaced the legendary Dennis Wise who had worn the shirt from when squad numbers were introduced in 1993 until he left for Leicester in 2001.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2873078,00.html

Number 11 should be retired!

Starting XI number should never be retired. Anyway, if we retired number 11, we would have to retire number 8. And if we retire number 8 we would have to retire number 26. And with those three we would probably have to retire number 3 and 1. Eventually the vicious cycle would continue and every number retired.