Oscar

themightyblue

Totally agree. Tbh the closest player to a winger we have is Marko Marin and you could even pass him off as an attacking midfielder.

Marin is best out wide. He isn't as good as an attacking midfielder. Essentially he's our only winger, so the Moses signing would definitely add to the squad.

I posted this a couple weeks ago in the formation and discussion thread but now I'm convinced we have to switch to the 4-3-3. It puts everyone in their best position and we can tweak it to suit Mata too.

4-3-3

Hazard - Torres - Mata

Oscar - Mikel - Ramires

Cole - Terry - Luiz - Ivan

Cech

Everyone is in their best position imo, except Mata but we will allow Mata to drift inside and roam as much as he wants since he has Ramires at RCM who will cover everything on the right side. Mata can drift inside and Ramires can make runs down the right overlapping Mata and make runs into space vacated by Mata as he drifts inside.

Oscar on the other side can also go forward when play is switched to the left but he'll make runs to the centre ala Lampard.

168tv2c.jpg

The main help with this compared to the double pivot is that we will always have Mikel + another midfielder in the midfield at all times, so always better cover cause honestly counter attacks will be our main threats in 90% of the matches.

When Mata moves center, Ramires moves to the right. Oscar holds with Mikel.

If Oscar moves central as a number 10, Mata stays right and Ramires holds back with Mikel.

Unlike several others jizzing over Oscar after vieweing the Olympics where most are under 23 players, I feel he will struggle in Premier League in the first season. Brazilian players from midfielders to defenders to strikers are ball hoggers. Oscar will learn the harsh way that in premier league you cant keep the ball with you for too long as the game moves fast and tackles are flying. Ramirez and Luiz experienced it the hard way.

He is the playmaker in the midfield and he will have tackles flying at him. He is just 20 and he will learn. He will lose the ball as a result and this could harm us.

It's quite possible he will struggle at first. Brazil are playing 90% of their starting team against under 23 sides of poor footballing countries. Oscar has looked good, but looking good against teams with League One sort of talent does not equate to instant stardom in the Premier League. I think he's very likely to be a very good player, but it will also very likely take a period of adjustment.

It's quite possible he will struggle at first. Brazil are playing 90% of their starting team against under 23 sides of poor footballing countries. Oscar has looked good, but looking good against teams with League One sort of talent does not equate to instant stardom in the Premier League. I think he's very likely to be a very good player, but it will also very likely take a period of adjustment.

Only agree with part of it. I agree he may need times to adjust to EPL, but Olympics teams are by no means poor.

the only question is, can Hazard play on the right?

Im pretty sure Hazard wont accept playing on the right, but why not play him on the left and Mata on the right. Then they can both cut in with their best foot.

I agree that some teams do not have a lot of quality, however league one standard is a bit harsh, and he can only play against what they have, and what he has done has impressed.. Several other players haven't looked that good in the olympics, yet oscar has... So i do agree that it will not be as easy and i doubt in his first game, he will be running the show like he seems to do for brazil, however a lot of his skill that impresses me is his individual ball skills, such as range of pasisng and conrol on the ball, which doesn't really change dependant on the opposition he is up against...

Only agree with part of it. I agree he may need times to adjust to EPL, but Olympics teams are by no means poor.

They are extremely poor. They are under-23 sides of poor footballing countries. Of the better footballing countries, only Brazil and Uruguay sent good over-23 players. It's a minor tournament and most teams treat it as such.

the only question is, can Hazard play on the right?

Don't see why not... We haven't really given him a chance there, yet he seemed to drift over there when he was playing LW against brighton... Also he doesn't have to hug the touchline, and if he has Oscar and Mata next to him he should have more freedom, to play further up and take people on etc... Another key thing is that he is not strictly right footed as he is very talented with his left meaning he can go outside for crosses and cut inside as well...

I agree that some teams do not have a lot of quality, however league one standard is a bit harsh, and he can only play against what they have, and what he has done has impressed.. Several other players haven't looked that good in the olympics, yet oscar has... So i do agree that it will not be as easy and i doubt in his first game, he will be running the show like he seems to do for brazil, however a lot of his skill that impresses me is his individual ball skills, such as range of pasisng and conrol on the ball, which doesn't really change dependant on the opposition he is up against...

It changes enormously. Passing is much more difficult when you have less time. Passing is much more difficult when your teammates are well-marked. Control of the ball is harder against better defenders. There are many players who look ggreat at lower levels and can't make the jump. He has impressed and I think he has a very bright future, but people are reading way too much into this tournament.

They are extremely poor. They are under-23 sides of poor footballing countries. Of the better footballing countries, only Brazil and Uruguay sent good over-23 players. It's a minor tournament and most teams treat it as such.

Then why didnt Uruguay qualify from their group?

5/11 is not 90% mate

Then why did top players flop for both spain and uruguay?spain didnt score a single goal on these "extremely poor" teams

And where is Uruguay now mate? You're kinda disagreeing with yourself mate.

What about Spain? Are you telling me they are League One standard?

It changes enormously. Passing is much more difficult when you have less time. Passing is much more difficult when your teammates are well-marked. Control of the ball is harder against better defenders. There are many players who look ggreat at lower levels and can't make the jump. He has impressed and I think he has a very bright future, but people are reading way too much into this tournament.

The teams in the olympics may not be extremely great however many of them have pressed high up the pitch, causing him to have less time to pass.... Also his ball control has been great that he has often worked his own way out of situations where there isn't much on.. I honestly am not a fan of football in the olympics, but i think you are underistimating some of the teams... As i said originally he can only play against the teams they put out, and also he is only 20... Which means he should get better, and at the moment is head and shoulders above some of the other under 23 year old players that are there.

You are one of the very few who understands that. But I am sure most of the folks here are gonna talk shit about him when he struggles ignoring the fact that they were jizzing on a 20yr olds performance against under 23 sides of Honduras and other smaller countries. Premier League is a totally different animal. He has the talent to succeed but going by the posts here too much is expected out of him too soon.

Under 23 sides of Honduras, Korea, and Spain etc. Cant be compared to what he will face in Premier league where he will compete against some of the best in the world. Cant say that about olympics