Oscar

themightyblue

Brazil didn't play Uruguay or Spain

It's completely irrelevant to this argument.

You said Brazil and Uruguay are the only decent teams, and the fact is Uruguay couldn't even survive in the group stage, a group consists of GB, Senegal and UAE!

It tells you that other teams are no pushovers and you didn't give them enough credit.

It's completely irrelevant to this argument.

You said Brazil and Uruguay are the only decent teams, and the fact is Uruguay couldn't even survive in the group stage, a group consists of GB, Senegal and UAE!

It tells you that other teams are no pushovers and you didn't give them enough credit.

No, it doesn't. Uruguay had a pretty good roster and lost to some poor teams. Britain was one of the better teams in the tournament and they weren't any good. It happens. The best team doesn't always win. It doesn't mean that the other teams were necessarily good. Brazil could have easily lost to Honduras, it doesn't mean they are a worse team., Just go and look at the Olympic rosters of the teams. Saying that they are quality is just ridiculous. Mexico is in the final and every single player except Dos Santos plays in the Mexican League which is a pretty poor league.

Spain left their best players at home, really? Other than Thiago (who is injured), who are these 'best players' they didn't bring?

Egypt and Korea are arguably better than Mexico.

On paper with the teams involved it look weak, yes. But they are better than you give them credit for. If these teams were so poor why have some of the supposed best players looked so average. Cavani was almost non-existent, Hulk has looked mediocre, Mata, Javi Martinez, Sturridge etc.

Only a handfall of players have been really impressive, in particular Marcelo, Romulo, and Neymar.

Spain didn't bring any of their best senior players. No Xavi, no Iniesta, no Ramos, etc...The logic that the competition must be good because good players have looked mediocre is ridiculous. Because Chelsea lost to Brighton, does that mean that Brighton are Champions' League contenders? Hazard played poorly, so therefore Brighton's players are really amazing. It doesn't work like that. Good players will have mediocre games against poor teams sometimes.(Especially, as was the case for most teams apart from Brazil, when the players have barely played together.) And yes, Egypt and Korea might almost be as good as Mexico because they are all poor.

Uruguay had a pretty good roster and lost to some poor teams.

So basically you evaluate a team based on its roster rather than actual performance, no?

The best team doesn't always win. It doesn't mean that the other teams were necessarily good

How can I possibly win an argument with you Sir, you said it all! lol

Brazil could have easily lost to Honduras, it doesn't mean they are a worse team.

No it doesn't, it means Honduras was not bad at all!

I think it would be meaningless to carry on this because we hold completely different perceptions, so let's drop it.

Spain didn't bring any of their best senior players. No Xavi, no Iniesta, no Ramos, etc...The logic that the competition must be good because good players have looked mediocre is ridiculous. Because Chelsea lost to Brighton, does that mean that Brighton are Champions' League contenders? Hazard played poorly, so therefore Brighton's players are really amazing. It doesn't work like that. Good players will have mediocre games against poor teams sometimes.(Especially, as was the case for most teams apart from Brazil, when the players have barely played together.) And yes, Egypt and Korea might almost be as good as Mexico because they are all poor.

Where did I say the competition was good? You said it was poor and I agreed with you on paper, but said they are better than you give them credit for.

Why would Spain bring players who only weeks before were heavily involved in the nations success in the Euros? Don't be ridiculous. Did you expect Team GB to bring Rooney, Gerrard, and Ashley Cole?

Sorry but your point about Brighton isn't worth replying to, stop exaggerating everything and putting words in my mouth.

Where did I say the competition was good? You said it was poor and I agreed with you on paper, but said they are better than you give them credit for.

Why would Spain bring players who only weeks before were heavily involved in the nations success in the Euros? Don't be ridiculous. Did you expect Team GB to bring Rooney, Gerrard, and Ashley Cole?

Sorry but your point about Brighton isn't worth replying to, stop exaggerating everything and putting words in my mouth.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I said that the Spain didn't bring their best players and you said "what top players did Spain not bring" and I told you which top players they didn't bring and you said "why would you expect them to bring them"? I don't expect them to take good players because it's a minor tournament but you asked.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I said that the Spain didn't bring their best players and you said "what top players did Spain not bring" and I told you which top players they didn't bring and you said "why would you expect them to bring them"? I don't expect them to take good players because it's a minor tournament but you asked.

So why bring up that Spain didn't take their best players as an excuse, if to you it's a minor tournament?

We have to put our best players on the field, the formation is sorta irrelevant because when put in a battle, the players will figure it out.

I really, really hope this isn't our mindset.

getting Oscar, Mata and Hazard on the same pitch shouldn't be that hard, surely wouldn't hurt to try a 433.

True.. 4-3-3 is a lot more flexible than 4-2-3-1, where the 2 guys in the double pivot cant stray too far from their positions.

After what i've Seen from him and heared of him hes gonna to be The playmaker in that double pivot still my prediction

I think so too it has to be his role! If we ant to attack we can play: Torres Hazard Mata Moses Romeu/Mikel Oscar/Lampard and if we need to defend we will play : Torres Hazard Mata Ramires Mikel Oscar/Lampard!

I am very excited to see him playing for us. The fact that Chelsea can sign a promising Brazilian midfielder, and ManUnited can´t is really sweet in itself.

Oscar looks so composed and so cool headed on the ball and when under pressure he almost always found a way to get out of there. Playing in the PremierLeague is a different ballgame compared to the Olympics and the Brazilian leauge, but why disrispect these competitions only because Oscar is not yet a proven Kaka sort of guy ? I am sure he will adapt just as Ramires has. He looks like a very smart player, who´ll know what to do when challenged. As long as people don´t expect miricals in his first appearances, i think we will see a very interesting season of him combining with Hazard, Torres, Ramires and Marin. I see a very dynamic midfield there, when (note: not if) it gels.