Oscar

themightyblue

Got to play at CAM for us i think, can play all over and probably would do well in the double pivot or wherever but i would love to see him at CAM, where he can dish the ball up through to torres, or out wide for mata or hazard and really dictate the play; also he has the freedom to move around a bit more, in the double pivot with mikel, he has big defendive duties and will not be given free reign to drop back then run forward etc as he would at CAM, i am not expecting him to be the greatest player ever in the first season, but i seriously expect him to be a starter and the man to try and run the show, like Super frank used to do so brilliantly.. May take him a season or two to really get into the swing of things, but doesn't mean he shouldn't be given a starter spot, and when combined with the abilites of mata, then our creativity (which some have criticised) should go up...

As a '3' they should set up as Hazard left/right, Oscar middle, Mata left/right and then be given freedom from behind them to drift around and link up as they see fit.

I get a feeling though if they all play together it will be Mata left, Hazard middle, Oscar right, which for me will be completely wrong. Don't ask me why, just a feeling.

As a '3' they should set up as Hazard left/right, Oscar middle, Mata left/right and then be given freedom from behind them to drift around and link up as they see fit.

I get a feeling though if they all play together it will be Mata left, Hazard middle, Oscar right, which for me will be completely wrong. Don't ask me why, just a feeling.

Totally agree.... My biggest concern, is that he will play Mata Hazard Ramires... Which would really worry me... But i am fully behind RDM, and hope he will play: Mata Oscar Hazard...

Just imagine Oscar in the middle with Mata and Hazard on the wings ... oh the boner just doesn't stop growing!

Another classy performance from Oscar, very hard not to get excited about this lad. Hopefully he can adapt and get to know Hazard and Mata as fast as possible, together they will be a force.

Even if he had been here for 15 years, that still isn't a good enough reason (Raúl.. Real's famous number 7, had been at the club for 20+ years). The only reason JT's shirt will be retired is because it's well outside the 1-11 numbers.

true.

We can place Oscar, Mata, and Hazard anywhere in the 3 midfield. But if Lampard and Mikel are still our defensive midfielders, we will still see the same outcome

I don't see how it would produce the same outcome...?

You will argue that lampard isn't defensive enough and will venture forward which will cause gaps, however i think that firstly that 3 will produce much more chances than a 3 with Raul meireles and Ramires, which should well mean more goals, than we have and definately more creativity... It will also mean greater possession of the ball, which means less of them with the ball.... Also lampard will have less need to venture forward as we will have players capable of creating things, especially with mata back, who is great at setting people up...

For me the outcome will not be the same with those 3...

Totally agree.... My biggest concern, is that he will play Mata Hazard Ramires... Which would really worry me... But i am fully behind RDM, and hope he will play: Mata Oscar Hazard...

Oscar will play don't worry. He's too talented not to play.

For how good players like Marin and Hazard are, they don't control the tempo of games which has been the biggest problem in pre season. We've missed the presence of Mata dictating the game, and RDM will realise just how fluent we can function with two players of that ilk.

It will also solve these worries of our formation. Oscar likes to drop deeper than Mata and Hazard and giving him the central role will allow us to switch freely between a more attacking 4-2-3-1 and a more compact and disciplined 4-3-3 when defending with Oscar dropping into the midfield alongside the pivot.

Oscar will play don't worry. He's too talented not to play.

For how good players like Marin and Hazard are, they don't control the tempo of games which has been the biggest problem in pre season. We've missed the presence of Mata dictating the game, and RDM will realise just how fluent we can function with two players of that ilk.

It will also solve these worries of our formation. Oscar likes to drop deeper than Mata and Hazard and giving him the central role will allow us to switch freely between a more attacking 4-2-3-1 and a more compact and disciplined 4-3-3 when defending with Oscar dropping into the midfield alongside the pivot.

Oscar should be a great thing for hazard as well as it would give him a bit more license to have a go and run at defenders, with oscar there to back him up and try and control the play, as in pre season, we were giving it early to hazard who then had less options ahead of him...

This game enforced my opinion that he shouldn't be played in the double pivot, but rather as the CAM in a 4-2-3-1 or in the Lampard role in 4-3-3. I don't know where that leaves Hazard and Mata, but he definitely must play. 4-2-3-1 is fluid enough not to worry about the positions, Oscar can exchange between either flanks.

Oscar should be a great thing for hazard as well as it would give him a bit more license to have a go and run at defenders, with oscar there to back him up and try and control the play, as in pre season, we were giving it early to hazard who then had less options ahead of him...

Hazard is not a natural playmaker like Mata is and Oscar seems to be. With those two in the side, it will take a lot of pressure off Hazard to be able to play his own game and not take on total responsibility for the team dynamic. Opposition will also be unable to focus on one player - as last season moved on, teams would get a player to sit on Mata and it took a lot from our team. Opposition cannot man mark three players.

This game enforced my opinion that he shouldn't be played in the double pivot, but rather as the CAM in a 4-2-3-1 or in the Lampard role in 4-3-3. I don't know where that leaves Hazard and Mata, but he definitely must play. 4-2-3-1 is fluid enough not to worry about the positions, Oscar can exchange between either flanks.

Agreed, he's too good to be given a disciplined role within the pivot. As I've said previously central in a 4-2-3-1 and he seems more than happy to drop deep and help the pivot start attacks, and sit in to create a more compact 4-3-3 when defending.

Literally i can't wait to see these 3 in a line, i am not saying we are gonna go from losing to brighton to world beaters but it should eliminate some (NOT ALL) of the problems we are having, and that should have a knock on effect... I.E.

Greater players on the ball = more possesion = less posession for them = less need for our double pivot to play too advanced = less vulnerable on the counter = more chances for us = more goals for us..

Obviously this is way too generalised and simplistic and all "in theory", but the addition of oscar and Mata can only improve this squad... :)

And Oscar gets free reign in the CAM position which he doesn't have in any other position, as he doesn't have the pace of someone like hazard to play on the wing, which imo would be a waste of his talents... Also him being too deep, will just cause what lampard did as he may venture forward and leave us vulenerable on the counter... Also i don't think he needs to be used in a defensive manor, but him playing at cam will help our defence as he can drob deep at times and drift across the pitch as we have all seen him do for brazil.

Oscar started the game on the wings and didnt make a impact and we all saw how Brazil started the game... the minute he went to a more central position Brazil just grabed the game in their hands. Oscar needs to play in a central position, the number 10 role fits him the best but would be good as the 2 behind in a 4-2-3-1 formation. I really dont want to see him as a winger.