Oscar

themightyblue

Even a pink, green and brown shirt (i'll try not to picture that) is worth buying. A Chelsea shirt is a Chelsea shirt. I don't buy them for what they look like, i buy them for what they are.

I think it's nice that Oscar has got a major number. It signalises the intent that he will be thrown right in and be a first team regular.

I wonder why Chelsea refused to give Hazard #11? Unless Hazard preferred 17 over it.

For all we know Hazard could have been reluctant to take it so soon after Drogba's departure. I can understand him, he was introduced in England as an egomaniac. Not taking a vacant legend's number was a possible demonstration that he's not as arrogant as people think he is. Well, could be? If he indeed was offered number 11, the more I commend him for not taking it, opting instead for the tormented number 17, trying to revive its shattered reputation from scratch. Challenge accepted indeed :)

11 the number worn by some greats in our history , the tragically killed young Peter Houseman and the bonnie prince Charlie Cooke(both at times wore the shirt) , Dennis Wise,Damien Duff,Didier Drogba. it`s a number Oscar is worthy of wearing . if this kid flops at Chelsea i will not only eat my hat i will shit it out and eat it again.

"The offer was very good for me and I didn't have to think twice about signing. After the Olympics I am going to talk to the manager and I am ready to do whatever the manager wants me to do. For Internacional I played in several different positions, so I have no problem adapting"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2180120/Oscar-happy-play-Chelsea.html?ITO=1490&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

So glad he got number 11. No way in hell do you get given that number and sit on the bench for most of the season. He will feature heavily I feel and will be a lynchpin through which our play flows through. Oscar 11 sounds sexy as well. Bring on the new era!

Have to be honest, if Oscar is going to be a key player this season I think we'll probably see a 4-3-3 containing either him/Lampard, Mikel and Ramires. I don't see why he'd play on the wide right in a 4-2-3-1, or even if the double pivot as he will have more of a fixed position. Still wonder how Robbie will get Mata, Hazard, Marin in the same team too, but we'll see.

@, I have been thinking that too, i will be very surprised if the 4-2-3-1 formation stays till the end of the season.

I would love to see a midfield diamond tbh, like Milans 4-3-1-2 but I don't think we'll ever see it. I remember against Stoke I think Robbie used it, using Meireles at the bottom of it, Mikel to his left, Ramires to his right and Lampard at the tip. Only thing is it would leave us really narrow and we would be vulnerable against teams that like to play using width (Spurs and Arsenal).