Oscar

themightyblue

Messi started out as a winger though, Guardiola turned him into a CF.

yeah true, still a great playmaker though :), but on the oscar subject, i am just excited to see him play in our team wherever it may be (feel a song coming on lol), RDM knows what he is doing... :D

he was the finisher though not the play maker

He is everything, but i go off topic, and that is met with harsh punishment. :blink:

On topic, we could play:

Mata Oscar Hazard

But without seeing hazard on the right it would be quite risky, or play oscar in the 2 holding though it could leave us vulnerable on the counter... Decisions, decisions...

yeah true, still a great playmaker though :), but on the oscar subject, i am just excited to see him play in our team wherever it may be (feel a song coming on lol), RDM knows what he is doing... :D

Still needs to balance the squad out with a RB and sell the players that aren't needed!

Still needs to balance the squad out with a RB and sell the players that aren't needed!

Yeah though that is probably why he is rotating so much in these pre-season friendlys, i am sure that will come soon, when a lot of players leave or go on loan. Also attracts more attention if they get some game time in pre season.

He is everything, but i go off topic, and that is met with harsh punishment. :blink:

On topic, we could play:

Mata Oscar Hazard

But without seeing hazard on the right it would be quite risky, or play oscar in the 2 holding though it could leave us vulnerable on the counter... Decisions, decisions...

doubt Oscar should/will be given our most prized position right off the bat.

Did Mata on the wing for Spain today? Cause I doubt he can be as influential playing on the wing

Oscar is the perfect player to link the back 4 + Mikel to the attack, if we play him on the wing we are really missing a trick here.

I think that is where he will play. Except if we switch to a 4-3-3.

I can't see him in the double pivot.

At the moment he is my favorite player out of the new ones.

I really enjoy watching him play. His style, movement and passing is something that I'm in awe of. Wonderful player and I really hope he succeeds here.

No, he is not on a world class level, but he has the potential to be among the best midfielders in the 21st century. Yes, that's how much I rate him and I rarely rate players that much who are so young. At the moment, he is good but don't overrate him to be later disappointed.

Don't be surprised if he doesn't land here with a bang. For a player of his style, PL will be difficult, especially the 1st season. He'll need to buff up a bit and to get used to the pace and pressure you have in England.

His position? AMF in a 4-2-3-1 or a CM with a lot of freedom in 4-3-3. He can work on the wing, but his play is limited then. He likes to drop deep to dictate the play which can also leave open the CAM position for someone like Hazard and Mata.

I believe Robbie's plan is to have interchanging offensive midfielders behind a striker that will have a lot of freedom. Hazard's, Mata's and Oscar's passing is top notch and with someone like Mikel, Lampard or Essien behind, we could hold the possession really well. Add to that a great defense and Cech and you have a very good team. What's left for Robbie to decide is the RB position and the question of another forward. Let's see what happens.

He has twitter so it seems, has the same "default" message as Danny and Nando's twitter too.

https://twitter.com/Oficial10Oscar

Oscar dos Santos Jr.@Oficial10Oscar

I have not started on Twitter yet, but this is my official page and it is ready to go when the timing is right.

ul4reaq8ayofy3grnk9p.jpeg

his display picture.

doubt Oscar should/will be given our most prized position right off the bat.

Did Mata on the wing for Spain today? Cause I doubt he can be as influential playing on the wing

Mata started out on the right flank with freedom to drift but when Spain went down to 10 he actually found himself in quite a deep central position.

Oscar is the perfect player to link the back 4 + Mikel to the attack, if we play him on the wing we are really missing a trick here.

His second assist alone showed that it's high up the pitch where you want him. Such awareness, vision, quickness of thought and composure under pressure is exactly what you need from your attacking midfielders.

How about a modified 4-3-3 whereby Oscar plays slightly ahead of two more defensively minded midfielders, any two really from Mikel, Essien, Lampard, Meireles, Ramires, Romeu.

This allows Oscar to play centrally as the 'link man' without leaving us vulnerable in the midfield. It would also allow Ramires to play in a more suited central position.

Further up the field could be Mata and Hazard flanking Torres but ultimately given more freedom than that of orthodox wingers to drift around into space and making things happen. Marin and if brought Moses would provide alternative options as players who can play more as orthodox wingers to stretch teams out wide.