Daniel Sturridge

the wes

I think he needs managerial backing the way he had at Bolton, there he knew that even if he wasted a chance no one is going to scold him or drop him so there was less pressure. He had about 50 shots during half a season at Bolton 19 of those shots were on goal and 8 were converted. That to me seems like a pretty prolific and clinical striker.

I've always known our fans are somewhat retarded, case and point - last season I was at the West Stand when we were playing Man City. Sturridge got a lot of abuse, yet he setup Raul's equalizer and won a penalty for us, he got less of a cheer than our fans gave to Torres when he was warming up.

Towards the end of the season he was even booed. Now some "fans" are writing how they wanted to punch him in the face after the WBA game - the double standards are making me sick. I've been annoyed at Torres for over an year, yet never felt like I would ever boo him or Bos; Malouda; Kalou etc at a game - never though anything he did on the field warrented a punch in the face, maybe a smack on the buttocks from RdM but that's about it.

If his finishing is good why has he only scored once in the league? He had about 5 chances today and fucked them all too.

Let's forget he out scored both Torres and Drogba combined in the league last season...

Our fans are one big disgrace.

Fuck them all who praise Torres and insult Danny. Disgrace for our club to have such fans.

They shouldn't even call themselves fans.

Some (not all) really are. I went to the Wolves game a few weeks ago and Marin set up Torres for an easy chance. He was one on one with the keeper and he missed. What did the fans do? They started shouting TORRES TORRES. Now imagine that was Sturridge? He would have had to suffer abuse for the next 5 minutes.

We have some great fans but there are some that are absolute idiots and I'm ashamed to say we support the same club.

I am not going to hide the fact that Sturridge is probably my least likeable blue. That being said, while he is a Chelsea player he deserves our support and I would never resort to insults or name calling (unless it's in front of the TV in the heat of the moment :D ). For those of you who are puzzled why Torres is more supported in general I'm going to ask you this: Who would a normal person tolerate more: a world class striker who has lost his way and is going through a rough patch or a young attacker, who is widely thought as overrated and also many consider to be too selfish?.

Some (not all) really are. I went to the Wolves game a few weeks ago and Marin set up Torres for an easy chance. He was one on one with the keeper and he missed. What did the fans do? They started shouting TORRES TORRES. Now imagine that was Sturridge? He would have had to suffer abuse for the next 5 minutes.

We have some great fans but there are some that are absolute idiots and I'm ashamed to say we support the same club.

We have some absolute idiots on this forum as well.

I feel bad for Danny, he needs to leave Chelsea to further his career.

We have some absolute idiots on this forum as well.

I feel bad for Danny, he needs to leave Chelsea to further his career.

I agree. He is never going to get a chance here and some fans are making life difficult for him. He's too good to play second fiddle to the joker that is currently in his position.

I would 'tolerate' the guy who at least runs and wants to score. Fair enough Danny has his issues but the abuse he gets when Torres gets PRAISED for the doing WORSE is disgusting. You have a guy who falls over the ball getting his name chanted for 5 minutes straight while Sturridge gets abuse for missing chances that Torres would never work to get.

As I said nobody deserves abuse and I hate it when one of our players gets this kind of treatment from our fans. IMO both Sturridge and Nando should be treated with more respect and no childish insults, just constructive criticism.

Don't feel obligated to read my posts if they annoy you so much.

If you make posts like this, don't expect me to keep quite:

When I see him with the ball I feel like punching him in the face, knowing he'd most surely take a wasteful shot, destroying our attack.

Saw the goals on Sunday highlights, Danny looked like a real striker in the brief highlights they showed, just their GK seemed to have a pretty decent game and thwarted him on a couple of occasions well. Any other day he woulda bagged a couple. He needs a run now, he should be our main striker.

Saw the goals on Sunday highlights, Danny looked like a real striker in the brief highlights they showed, just their GK seemed to have a pretty decent game and thwarted him on a couple of occasions well. Any other day he woulda bagged a couple. He needs a run now, he should be our main striker.

Yup - it's typical someone ALWAYS has the game of their life against us :)

But Sturridge looked as good as ANY striker - he has pace, dribbling ability and just needs some time... Look at Giroud - couldn't score in a Brothel, Arsenal fans and Manager stuck with him and he's knocking them in for fun now...!!!

Yup - it's typical someone ALWAYS has the game of their life against us :)

But Sturridge looked as good as ANY striker - he has pace, dribbling ability and just needs some time... Look at Giroud - couldn't score in a Brothel, Arsenal fans and Manager stuck with him and he's knocking them in for fun now...!!!

If Sturridge had the minutes Giroud had this season... Oh my.