Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Also, know some old Pro's - from a former job and they all rate Danny... As former Pro's - they should know...

As for Selfish, I asked them about it and they said, "You should worry if your striker isn't selfish" - that kinda sums up Torres doesn't it...

Yeah,when he was first choice under AVB he was one of the most confident players i've ever seen for us and he made so many things happen, even as a RW what he was being used as. A confident happy Sturridge is a very good player to have in the side.

Yes thats true but its not like they scored 30 goals each that season.

Agreed - but he was playing as a Winger! So not even a CF.

And when RDM took over, he sidelined Sturridge...

So he did well and CAN do well again. I will eat my words, but I'm 100% confident with some game time he will be scoring again...

Plus his movement DOES open up space :)

Yes thats true but its not like they scored 30 goals each that season.

I'm slightly surprised by your supposed angry reaction towards Sturridge.

The problems we have now with both of our strikers are now well documented but at least Sturridge is showing so much more than Torres upfront in terms of movement, energy, hunger and desire. Heck, even Shane Long showed more than Torres did!

Who would a normal person tolerate more: a world class striker who has lost his way and is going through a rough patch or a young attacker, who is widely thought as overrated and also many consider to be too selfish?.

Sorry mate, but normal person would rather tolerate more the one who tries than the one who doesn't give a shit.

Danny offers a lot more, and makes runs in... His shooting leaves something to be desired, but i would rather have him there to create a chance and maybe miss than to just lose the ball... Also lets not forgot torres has played 10 times more mins than danny, he has hardly been given time to have a run in the side. This means that every time he is on the pitch he feels he has a short time to prove himself, so probably trys to hard and snatches at oppertunities as he feels he has to have a great performance otherwise its the torres show for another 4 games.

Ok Danny might miss a few until he gets his eye in, but ask any 'Expert' about Studge and they will tell you he takes the ball early, which is a great thing, unsettles defenders and keepers, he doesn't need a touch...

I honestly believe he could be a great striker with more games and the team we have, do we need another Strikerv- sure, but lets give Danny a chance before condemning him...

WoW! I felt sincerely sad and worried due to our lack of a striker who could score from chances our attacking trio created week in week out.

But browsing trough this thread made me realize we have world class striker in our hands, actually we have had him for more than a year, but our coaches were unbelievable blind to see that, so they insisted to play him as a winger or not to play him at all.

I will never understand why. Was it really because of Torres all along? I remember seeing Torres on the bench quite often last season but that hasn't provided Sturridge striker role he craves for .

Seriously why? If he has shown glimpses of world class striker in training sessions how come he wasn't given a chance to be lone striker, at least after 60 minutes onwards?

I am well aware of the fact that AVB and RDM aren't world beaters in the coaching department but to overlook genuine, skilfull, fast, tricky finisher while chronically lacking any finisher at all is a serious mistake.

Nevertheless, I am left only to hope that Sturridge will be as good striker as people here make him to be . He will get his chance I'm sure of it.

Danny must not start next 5 games. He must start, as a lone striker, every single game untill January. Anything less is unacceptable. As well as not buying a striker in January.

WoW! I felt sincerely sad and worried due to our lack of a striker who could score from chances our attacking trio created week in week out.

But browsing trough this thread made me realize we have world class striker in our hands, actually we have had him for more than a year, but our coaches were unbelievable blind to see that, so they insisted to play him as a winger or not to play him at all.

I will never understand why. Was it really because of Torres all along? I remember seeing Torres on the bench quite often last season but that hasn't provided Sturridge striker role he craves for .

Seriously why? If he has shown glimpses of world class striker in training sessions how come he wasn't given a chance to be lone striker, at least after 60 minutes onwards?

I am well aware of the fact that AVB and RDM aren't world beaters in the coaching department but to overlook genuine, skilfull, fast, tricky finisher while chronically lacking any finisher at all is a serious mistake.

Nevertheless, I am left only to hope that Sturridge will be as good striker as people here make him to be . He will get his chance I'm sure of it.

Danny must not start next 5 games. He must start, as a lone striker, every single game untill January. Anything less is unacceptable. As well as not buying a striker in January.

Our Serbian girl speaks some good sense :)

like (ran out of likes today)!!!

The problems we have now with both of our strikers are now well documented but at least Sturridge is showing so much more than Torres upfront in terms of movement, energy, hunger and desire. Heck, even Shane Long showed more than Torres did!

Lukaku showed just as much as Torres did yesterday...

Didn't think Danny's finishing was as terrible as it is being portrayed. The only chance I'd he 'missed' was the one were he should have rolled it across to Mata on the far post for a tap in. The 1vs1 was very difficult because he was running away from the goal and on his weaker foot; Myhill also did everything right.

Regardless of the finishing though, he did incredibly well to create those chances for himself (not taking anything away from Mata who spotted the runs and made the passes). His connection with Mata was something special.

It is simply unacceptable anymore to start matches with 10 men when we have this boy on our bench.