Daniel Sturridge

the wes

A part of me wants Danny to leave and then be a huge success in another club just to be able to rub it in some peoples faces

Who honestly cares? Who? We'll have Cavani or Falcao or some very good striker by then and a good backup as well probably. At that time I can assure you no-one will give two fucks about Sturridge and if he's doing well...

Yeah I should probably stop these sarcastic posts.. but still, another example of how level-headed he appears in interviews. Annoys me when people judge a person on how he plays football. If they do that is Tevez a hard-worker who will never give up? The whole fiasco last season speaks the contrary.

Who honestly cares? Who? We'll have Cavani or Falcao or some very good striker by then and a good backup as well probably. At that time I can assure you no-one will give two fucks about Sturridge and if he's doing well...

Do u think we will buy a worldclass striker AND a backup? lol, my hopes is that Danny gets some starts, proves that he is good and that we buy Cavani/Falcao, sell Torres and keep Danny as 2nd striker.

Btw, I would give alot more than 2 fucks about Sturridge if he left. Why wouldnt anyone? XD

I care about it. We don't know if we are going to buy Cavani or Falcao or some other striker, so why don't we see what Danny's capable of doing for a couple of games? What if he's the next big thing?! Even if he isn't let's just see what he can do.

I know Danny's messed up with his finishing, and I do fault him for missing good opportunities, but notice how with the same players behind him he's actually getting opportunities to score goals. He's taken more shot and has had more opportunities to score than Torres has in over a month or two. At least with him up front, the players behind the striker have someone to look for, just needs to work on his finishing.

I've always criticized his shooting. He has enough power in his feet but the accuracy and technique he really needs to improve. But it's mostly the type of shots he tends to use. He's always going for power shots, even when it's obvious he should place it. Which is a pure case of decision making and has nothing to do with ability.

His movement was on another level compared to Torres' but his finishing was as poor as the Spaniard's. As far as I'm concerned I don't know what's worse: Sturridge fucking up chances or Torres not getting in the right places for possible chances.

I really wish he would light up at the thought of becoming a winger. He has all the good things needed, just needs a more humble attitude and better decision making. Do that and he can easily become one of the best wingers in the PL. The lone striking role is not for him in my honest opinion. He is much more suited and deadly on the wings.

The board should get 2 strikers in January

Missed his chances wastefully today,but I think he played upfront still much,much better than Torres.His link up with Mata look´s quite good.I hope he will start the next few games instead of Torres,with more playing time he is going to score for sure.

The question is should Sturridge play until the winter transfer window or we should persist with Torres and his link up play - to me this is an easy question.

The story with Sturridge is that he knows how to create space and run into the right positions and he's oozing with willingness to prove himself. Things that Torres is not capable of. Hopefully, RDM has taken note of this.

I thought Daniel played really well, he could have done better with his chances, but at least he manage to get some and wasn't afraid to shoot. Something everyone needs to remember is that before this match he had played only 73 minutes of premier league football. He can only get better with more minutes.

Yes he missed a lot but he was there to score taking chances ! Also his link up play looked pretty impressive this game, he has improved alot in that aspect.Ill defend him till the end because the guy is trying to do the right things and hopefully with time given he will improve.

Sturridge's link up play is no worse then Torres. If he could finish he'd be a great striker. This is the first time in his profressional career that he is playing as a lone striker (compared to, say, Lukaku who has been a lone striker since he was 16). If people are willing to give him a few games to get into things I think/hope he'll produce. Torres was given the same, I.e. chances. Giroud was like Sturridge today, lacked panache in front of goal, but when allowed to settle is now one of their biggest goal threats. Sturridge could go either way, but I just hope people give him a chance.