Daniel Sturridge

the wes

I'm slightly surprised by your supposed angry reaction towards Sturridge.

The problems we have now with both of our strikers are now well documented but at least Sturridge is showing so much more than Torres upfront in terms of movement, energy, hunger and desire. Heck, even Shane Long showed more than Torres did!

I just don't think hes the right player to be our main striker. Hes better suited to be a winger imo. He showed more than Torres but lets be honest, our CBs have showed more goal scoring instinct than Torres!!

I just don't think hes the right player to be our main striker. Hes better suited to be a winger imo.

Given what we have right now, I don't think there is anything much we can do. Sturridge is just contributing more than Torres at the moment.

Guess RDM has seen the light:

"We will have to assess the whole team and see how everybody is, and how they have recovered," he told The Daily Mirror.

"But if I believe it is the right thing to do for the team, then yeah, I will leave him [Torres] out.

"I thought when we moved Daniel [sturridge] up there he looked a danger [against West Brom]. He had a very good chance saved by the keeper and another put wide.

"He was always a threat to the defence - we need to score goals.

This guy needs to start every game now. Put him on for every game for at least over an hour. We need to sharpen him up as he has not had many minutes this season, as he seems a bit rusty on his finishing (one of his better attributes) Let him adapt and gel with the trio behind him, and he can get us out of this slump and keep us in contention for 4th place till january.

This guy needs to start every game now. Put him on for every game for at least over an hour. We need to sharpen him up as he has not had many minutes this season, as he seems a bit rusty on his finishing (one of his better attributes) Let him adapt and gel with the trio behind him, and he can get us out of this slump and keep us in contention for 4th place till january.

Spot on - every other team has given their strikers a fair amount of time on the field and fair amount of rest.

We've played Torres 1600 minutes and last five, six matches he has been getting worse. Meantime our supposed second choice striker has 190 minutes on the field leading the line.

It's what I've been talking about even during Danny's injury - he was on the bench for our first 7 matches and had 20 minutes up top.

Had we played him earlier we might not be in such a slump and he might not have been lacking match fitness. A run of games is what most strikers need, can't expect all of them to be like RvP and hit the ground running, after injury, after holidays, after extended bench time etc.

Chicarito has nearly 3 times as much game time and he is 3rd choice at United; and all his games he has played as a striker - not on the wing.

Dzeko twice as much time - all games as striker, 3rd choice at City.

Those are our rivals and even though Balotelli and Welbeck are struggling this season they are still giving those two plenty of chances to find form.

Our policy in terms of Rotation is awful, what happens if we need to play Marin(suspensions; injuries etc) - no clue haven't seen the lad, he is gonna be mighty rusty.

Spot on - every other team has given their strikers a fair amount of time on the field and fair amount of rest.

We've played Torres 1600 minutes and last five, six matches he has been getting worse. Meantime our supposed second choice striker has 190 minutes on the field leading the line.

It's what I've been talking about even during Danny's injury - he was on the bench for our first 7 matches and had 20 minutes up top.

Had we played him earlier we might not be in such a slump and he might not have been lacking match fitness. A run of games is what most strikers need, can't expect all of them to be like RvP and hit the ground running, after injury, after holidays, after extended bench time etc.

I just don't see Sturridge flourishing in a 4-2-3-1 system.

He'd do better in my opinion, if we switch to 4-3-3, that way he can play in the middle or interchange with Moses in the RF/RW role.

I just don't see Sturridge flourishing in a 4-2-3-1 system.

He'd do better in my opinion, if we switch to 4-3-3, that way he can play in the middle or interchange with Moses in the RF/RW role.

Can't know since it has not been tested, lets see if he fails - we don't have much to loose at this point.

If we let Sturridge go, we need a new striker to replace him, a new striker to replace Torres, AND would we need another homegrown player?

The Premier league rules basically say that you can have 17 non home grown and 8 home-grown players in a 25 man squad list..(you don't need to register U-21 players).

Our current submitted squad list has 20 players (with Hazard, Oscar, Romeu counted as U-21's)..hence we wouldn't need another homegrown player as a replacement for Sturridge.