Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Looking at your avatar your comments don't surprise me

My avatar has nothing to do with my comment. Some people would rather compliment Sturridge on his courage to shoot and there is nothing wrong with that as long as he remembers he is not playing alone in attack which most of the time he doesn't.

Looking at your avatar your comments don't surprise me

infact I don't remember him being WASTEFUL with match the ball all thru the match except for the 1st shot in the first minutes of the match. infact if any1 was wasteful with shots it was moses.

My avatar has nothing to do with my comment. Some people would rather compliment Sturridge on his courage to shoot and there is nothing wrong with that as long as he remembers he is not playing alone in attack which most of the time he doesn't.

And other people would prefer punching one of our players in the face and obviously punching Sturridge in the face after tonight's game is a natural reaction. :wank2:

And other people would prefer punching one of our players in the face and obviously punching Sturridge in the face after tonight's game is a natural reaction. :wank2:

Well, it is your right to be happy with him after the WBA game. I personally, after him missing at least 4 clear chances, am not :)

Well, it is your right to be happy with him after the WBA game. I personally, after him missing at least 4 clear chances, am not :)

atleast he got in positions to score. 1.the over the defense mata ball should have been chested instead of being headed, but a wonderful run behind the defense (absolutely impossible to be expected of torres). 2.the over the defense mata ball (yet again) but difficult to get there, if only he could get his feet to the ball, but a difficult chance nonetheless and again torres would have given up much earlier instead of chasing it. 3.the thru ball by mata, excellent run between the defenders and then great ball control to go one on one and just unlucky not to score (it was a great save too),if it was the blonde bitch instead of him he would have lost the ball as soon as touching it. 4. the best chance for me. truly at fault for it. should have passed it to mata. so as I see it, this guy is a BIG UPGRADE for us from the blonde. so no reason for us to be crying over it.

Ok he missed some chances today but AT LEAST HE WAS IN A POSITION TO EITHER MISS OR SCORE! Torres had ZERO efforts on goal. Not one. ZILCH.

If today didn't prove that Sturridge HAS to start as a striker then I give up.

Isn't it funny how our supports boo and shout at Sturridge when he does something silly but chant 'TORRES TORRES TORRES' every time he falls over the ball or ruins yet another move? Makes you wonder doesn't it.

Sturridge's finish isn't at his best because he hasn't been given an extended run. Give him 2/3 more 90 minute games at CF and he'll regain his touch. He actually has a good finish as we can attest to last season.

Sturridge's finish isn't at his best because he hasn't been given an extended run. Give him 2/3 more 90 minute games at CF and he'll regain his touch. He actually has a good finish as we can attest to last season.

I remember Sturridge getting a lot of stick for messing up good opportunities last season. He mostly scored tap-ins last season if I remember well, a good finish here and there. His finishing has always been his weakest point for me as a natural striker.

Better than not shooting at all though.

I remember Sturridge getting a lot of stick for messing up good opportunities last season. He mostly scored tap-ins last season if I remember well, a good finish here and there. His finishing has always been his weakest point for me as a natural striker.

Better than not shooting at all though.

I don't think that's too true, he was getting a lot of stick because he supposedly took shots instead of letting play develop, not because he was missing chances frequently. Sturridge has a good finish on him, since his youth career the lad's scored tons of goals. He just needs a consistent run in the team - at Bolton he had a couple of great finishes and the same can be said about the first part of last season - you don't score 10+ goals from out wide after half a season without being a good finisher.

I don't think that's too true, he was getting a lot of stick because he supposedly took shots instead of letting play develop, not because he was missing chances frequently. Sturridge has a good finish on him, since his youth career the lad's scored tons of goals. He just needs a consistent run in the team - at Bolton he had a couple of great finishes and the same can be said about the first part of last season - you don't score 10+ goals from out wide after half a season without being a good finisher.

Mehh depends on your definition of good finisher. If you specialize in scoring tap-ins, you're shooting doesn't need to be special at all.

But what are we talking about, doesn't really matter. We'll see how he'll manage if he gets a chance.

Look how many more chances we had when he came on, he's SO much better than Torres. Just give him 2 or 3 more games and he'll be firing.

He has to be #1 until January.

That. I would happily stick with him upfront than Torres even though their finishing is woeful. At least Sturridge is threatening in the attacking third by making dangerous runs, getting into threatening areas, quick and look hungry for the ball. The same can't be said about Torres.

Should've done better, but at least he is getting into positions and looking dangerous...something I cannot say for our other striker who seems to be afraid of scoring.

I'm fully confident that if we give Sturridge 10% of the faith and support we gave to Torres he will use it well and start banging them in on a regular basis...

I said during half time he was playing well and he did even better in the 2nd half, just really wish he had put in at least one of the chances he got.

He did enough though to warrant a start over Torres next game and that's what i wanted most from him.